PDA

View Full Version : Harvard/Brown

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2005, 04:37 PM
One of the key matchups of the year in the first week of Ivy League competition, with two of the league's top three teams going at it. The Bears will be out for revenge this Saturday in Cambridge after blowing that big lead in Providence last year and losing 35-34. Nick Hartigan and Clifton Dawson are the two best RBs in the Ivies. I predict that Harvard will win a nail-biter because of the Crimson's edge at QB. But they'd better avoid the turnovers and stupid penalties that plagued them against Holy Cross last week.

ChickenMan
September 22nd, 2005, 06:34 PM
I'll take Brown in an upset... but would it really be an upset... isn't Brown supposed to be pretty solid this season?

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 10:04 PM
Playing this game so early in the season gives Brown a little bit of an edge, but I think the fact the game is at Harvard bodes well for the Crimson. Should be one of the best Ivy League games this year. Brown will be motivated after last year's collapse, but I think Harvard will pull through behind Dawson.

GannonFan
September 23rd, 2005, 02:04 PM
I've had Brown as my top Ivy team since the preseason polls came out and I think they win this one. I think Harvard can be toppled, although the game being at Harvard makes that more difficult. But I'm sticking with my horse and going with Brown in this one.

Note - Obviously not a board frequented by many Ivy fans - this is easily one of if not the biggest Ivy game of the year and here's a Blue Hen fan making the 4th or 5th post on it.

FlyBoy8
September 23rd, 2005, 03:02 PM
On Saturday, if you want to watch the game, make sure you go to the New England CN8 site, not the Mid-Atlantic. Otherwise you'll be watching Western Michigan and Temple. :o

Ivytalk
September 23rd, 2005, 03:04 PM
On Saturday, if you want to watch the game, make sure you go to the New England CN8 site, not the Mid-Atlantic. Otherwise you'll be watching Western Michigan and Temple. :o

Damn!! :mad: Harvard could beat Temple this year!

FightinBluHen51
September 23rd, 2005, 03:09 PM
I've had Brown as my top Ivy team since the preseason polls came out and I think they win this one. I think Harvard can be toppled, although the game being at Harvard makes that more difficult. But I'm sticking with my horse and going with Brown in this one.

Note - Obviously not a board frequented by many Ivy fans - this is easily one of if not the biggest Ivy game of the year and here's a Blue Hen fan making the 4th or 5th post on it.
This is definately on the top 25 watch list.

blukeys
September 23rd, 2005, 10:27 PM

UGH watching Temple!! :mad: Puhlease!! :p Hey Western Michigan is Billy Cubit's team. This may be fun after all. ;) :)

On a different note Will vegas give a point spread on Temple games this year?

Ivytalk
September 24th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Thrilling game, but where was everybody?? Announced crowd of only 11,134. I thought they'd get at least 15,000 for this big early Ivy contest between two of the top three contenders. The Lehigh game next week won't break 10,000 IMHO.