PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross releases schedule

FCS Preview
February 5th, 2008, 01:39 PM
HOLY CROSS ANNOUNCES 2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Crusaders to play five home games this fall

The Crusaders open the season on Sept. 6 at home against 2007 Colonial Athletic Association co-champion Massachusetts, which advanced to last year’s NCAA quarterfinals. After an off week, Holy Cross will travel to 2007 Ivy League champion Harvard on Sept. 20. The Crusaders stay on the road to take on Georgetown in their Patriot League opener on Sept. 27, before heading to Yale on Oct. 4.

Holy Cross returns to Fitton Field to face Brown on Oct. 11, before traveling to Dartmouth on Oct. 18. The Crusaders then begin a three-game homestand against Lehigh, as part of Family Weekend on Oct. 25. Holy Cross next plays host to Bucknell on Nov. 1, before facing 2007 Patriot League champion Fordham on Nov. 8. The Crusaders conclude the 2008 season with a pair of road games, at Lafayette on Nov. 15, and at Colgate on Nov. 22...

http://goholycross.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020508aaa.html

GannonFan
February 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Like many Patriot League schedules, a little too Ivy-heavy for me. Were 4 out of 5 OOC games against the Ivy really necessary?

Lehigh Football Nation
February 5th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Four Ivies (Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth on the road, and Brown at home) and the big one: UMass at home. That HC/UMass game would be a fun one to go to.. and probably a pretty hot ticket up in Worcester. xthumbsupx

GannonFan
February 5th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Four Ivies (Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth on the road, and Brown at home) and the big one: UMass at home. That HC/UMass game would be a fun one to go to.. and probably a pretty hot ticket up in Worcester. xthumbsupx

Plus they could catch UMass early enough - UMass has had trouble with Patriot teams early in the year, and are replacing a lot of key spots this year. Never know.

While I dismiss the schedule a bit because of the Ivy heavy, I did want to say at least they are playing some of the better Ivies - Harvard, Yale, and Brown went 1-2-3 last year in the Ivy.

nwFL Griz
February 5th, 2008, 01:53 PM
So if HC wins all those, can we call them Ivy League champs?

Lehigh Football Nation
February 5th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Plus they could catch UMass early enough - UMass has had trouble with Patriot teams early in the year, and are replacing a lot of key spots this year. Never know.

While I dismiss the schedule a bit because of the Ivy heavy, I did want to say at least they are playing some of the better Ivies - Harvard, Yale, and Brown went 1-2-3 last year in the Ivy.

Agreed on both counts - I think four Ivies is too many, and Harvard, Yale and Brown will definitely be in the mix for an Ivy title. Dartmouth is definitely an up-and-coming team too after a decent 2007.

Harvard is another interesting game - the Crimson will be gunning for revenge after losing the game at Fitton Field with under a minute to go. Those two Patriot League losses to Lehigh and HC really stuck in their craw. xthumbsupx

GannonFan
February 5th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Dartmouth is definitely an up-and-coming team too after a decent 2007.

Huh?? Dartmouth was 3-7 last year - is everybody an up and comer then?? xlolx xlolx xpeacex

Lehigh Football Nation
February 5th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Huh?? Dartmouth was 3-7 last year - is everybody an up and comer then?? xlolx xlolx xpeacex

To be fair, they were 3-5 in the Ivy League with wins over Penn, Columbia and Cornell, and they had a brutal OOC schedule with a loss to playoff-bound New Hampshire and losses to PL title contenders Colgate and Holy Cross. Considering I picked them dead last and internally projected to finish 0-10, to me they did a great job! xlolx

CSN Log
February 6th, 2008, 08:00 AM
'Saders open against UMass

Holy Cross’ 2008 football schedule announced yesterday includes five home games, beginning with the season opener against Colonial Athletic Association co-champion national quarterfinalist UMass on Sept. 6.
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=saders-open-against-umass&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more465)