PDA

View Full Version : Former Georgetown Football Coach Hired In Colorado

CSN Log
February 2nd, 2008, 11:00 PM
Former Georgetown Football Coach Hired In Colorado

Bob Benson, former Hoya head football coach, was hired by the D-II Colorado School of Mines.
GOLDEN, Colo. - The Colorado School of Mines Department of Athletics has added three new coaches to its staff, effective February 1st, 2008, as announced today by Director of Athletics Tom Spicer.
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=former-georgetown-football-coach-hired-i&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more433)

Franks Tanks
February 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Former Georgetown Football Coach Hired In Colorado

Bob Benson, former Hoya head football coach, was hired by the D-II Colorado School of Mines.
GOLDEN, Colo. - The Colorado School of Mines Department of Athletics has added three new coaches to its staff, effective February 1st, 2008, as announced today by Director of Athletics Tom Spicer.
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=former-georgetown-football-coach-hired-i&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more433)

Benson was once considered a hot up and coming coach. He was a finalist for the Lafayette job is 1999 that went to Frank of course.

VT Wildcat Fan53
February 3rd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Bob is a great coach and a great mind. Best of luck to him as he jump starts his career. He will be just fine. And, he is still quite young in the overall scheme of coaching careers.

ngineer
February 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hope he does well at the most possessive school in the country....Where everything is 'mine'...;)

DFW HOYA
February 3rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
Benson was once considered a hot up and coming coach. He was a finalist for the Lafayette job is 1999 that went to Frank of course.

He was also in consideration at Princeton around the same time.

Benson is only 42 and will return to Division I at some point. For all the heat he took after a 4-7 season in 2005, Georgetown's defense was ranked in the top 25 that year.