PDA

View Full Version : Coastal releases 2008 schedule

CSUBUCDAD
February 1st, 2008, 12:07 PM
http://www.bigsouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=25301&SPID=1985&DB_OEM_ID=4800&ATCLID=1376543

2008 Coastal Carolina Football Schedule
Sat., Aug. 30 -- at Penn State
Sat., Sept. 6 -- COLGATE
Sat., Sept. 13 -- at Monmouth
Sat., Sept. 20 -- TOWSON
Sat., Sept. 27 -- at North Carolina A&T
Sat., Oct. 4 -- LIBERTY *
Sat., Oct. 11 -- at VMI *
Sat., Oct. 18 -- NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL
Sat., Oct. 25 -- STONY BROOK *
Sat., Nov. 8 -- at Gardner-Webb *
Sat., Nov. 15 -- at Presbyterian
Sat., Nov. 22 -- CHARLESTON SOUTHERN *

* - Big South Conference game

SuperEagle
February 1st, 2008, 12:09 PM
I was hoping Coastal would be added to the SOCON. Obviously that didn't happen. But I would love to see my Eagles play you guys on a yearly basis. We had 2 really good games the past 2 seasons and would love to keep it going.
Good luck with your schedule.

Tribe4SF
February 1st, 2008, 12:20 PM
Good schedule for the Chants. Just enough OOC strength to get consideration if the season goes well.

walliver
February 1st, 2008, 12:24 PM
It's interesting that not a single SoCon team is on the schedule. I guess Coastal has set its sights elsewhere.

ChantDad
February 1st, 2008, 01:32 PM
It's interesting that not a single SoCon team is on the schedule. I guess Coastal has set its sights elsewhere.

We could naively boast that no SOCON teams want to play us anymore xlolx xlolx xlolx

lizrdgizrd
February 1st, 2008, 02:03 PM
We could naively boast that no SOCON teams want to play us anymore xlolx xlolx xlolx
Only if you want to be laughed at! xsmiley_wix

Franks Tanks
February 1st, 2008, 02:16 PM
Looks like Coastal is going for the Lambert Cup with that early schedule. I am gonna try to get to the Penn State -Coastal game this year, it will only be the second ever FCS game for Penn State.

Fun Fact - Joe Paterno was already on the Penn State football staff for 4 years when Coastal Carolina University was created xeekx

patssle
February 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM
Too bad the game with SHSU fell through. That would of been a good matchup.

CCU97
February 1st, 2008, 03:32 PM

Nope...you guys(SoCon) didn't have open dates when we were available or wanted us to play 2-1 away/home series and we weren't willing to sign for a series that wasn't mutually benifical.

Go...gate
February 1st, 2008, 03:58 PM
As with Furman, it's good to see that CCSU is playing a "gimme" opponent (Penn State) to warm up for its next opponent. :D

Seawolf97
February 1st, 2008, 07:27 PM
Good schedule -see you on October 25thxthumbsupx

bodoyle
February 1st, 2008, 08:52 PM
Good schedule -see you on October 25thxthumbsupx

I am anxious to see how you guys do.

ngineer
February 1st, 2008, 09:08 PM
Looks like Coastal is going for the Lambert Cup with that early schedule. I am gonna try to get to the Penn State -Coastal game this year, it will only be the second ever FCS game for Penn State.
Fun Fact - Joe Paterno was already on the Penn State football staff for 4 years when Coastal Carolina University was created xeekx

If PSU is willing to play Coastal, seems to me they'd be willing to have either of our schools visit. Plus we have some historical connections, as well as coming from an area of PA that has a lot of PSU alums/followers. Would make for some great interest..

Franks Tanks
February 2nd, 2008, 07:51 AM
If PSU is willing to play Coastal, seems to me they'd be willing to have either of our schools visit. Plus we have some historical connections, as well as coming from an area of PA that has a lot of PSU alums/followers. Would make for some great interest..

Very True. When I first heard of this game I wasnt surprised that Penn State was playing an FCS, I was surprised that it was Coastal. Penn State has so many traditional rivals that are now FCS teams, here are a few they have played multiple times in the old days

Bucknell 40 times
Colgate 15
Cornell 13
Lafayette 16
Lehigh 23
Penn 47

They also have played both Army and Navy over 25x- that would also be a great game.

Any of the above would be a more interesting game, and really Coastal will be no more competitive vs. Penn State than the others mentioned here so why not play a traditional rival?

Penn State did play Joe's alma mater Brown in 1983 and only won 38-21, keep in mind that 83 was the year after Penn State 1st NC, so nice effort by the Brown Bears. How great would it be for a Patriot or Ivy to get a game vs Penn State

zilla
February 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Our AD, Warren Koegel, played for Paterno at Penn State (1968-1971).

That's probably the reason why this game is being played.

Franks Tanks
February 2nd, 2008, 08:39 AM

Congrats on the game, im just a bit jealous!

ngineer
February 2nd, 2008, 07:40 PM

Makes sense. Hope you make the trip. Happy Valley in football season is a great place to see.

GreatAppSt
February 3rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
board

GreatAppSt
February 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
cya log

GannonFan
February 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I like the schedule - decent mix without being too difficult nor too easy. Good balance.

dbackjon
February 4th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Pretty good schedule!

The Gadfly
February 5th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Penn St. students are having a "white-out" for the game vs CCU, so our tailgaters are going to the valley wearing black.

SoCon48
February 5th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Penn St. students are having a "white-out" for the game vs CCU, so our tailgaters are going to the valley wearing black.

All 3 of them?

Franks Tanks
February 5th, 2008, 01:00 PM

No offense but white outs are usually reserved for big games, doing it every week dilutes the effect.

bodoyle
February 5th, 2008, 01:07 PM
All 3 of them?

There is a pretty good number of people traveling to the game. I'm coming from whereever I'll be (either Chicago or SC).