PDA

View Full Version : Furman's 2008 Schedule

PaladinFan
January 31st, 2008, 04:07 PM
First 12 game schedule in school history. I have no problem with Mars Hill as there's certainly some tough games on the docket. If FU makes the playoffs they will definitely have to earn it.

2008 FURMAN PALADINS FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Aug. 30 MARS HILL
Sept. 6 @ Virginia Tech
Sept. 13 @ Colgate
Sept. 20 DELAWARE
Sept. 27 CHATTANOOGA
Oct. 4 @ Elon
Oct. 11 WESTERN CAROLINA
Oct. 18 THE CITADEL
Oct. 25 @ Appalachian State
Nov. 1 @ Samford
Nov. 15 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
Nov. 22 @ Wofford

furman94
January 31st, 2008, 04:09 PM
You beat me to it. We have a great but tough schedule! Our Spring scrimmage is on March 15th for anyone in the Greenville Area who wants to catch a glimpse of the 2008 Paladins!

ERASU2113
January 31st, 2008, 04:10 PM
Beginning and end of the season could either be the path to the playoffs or a killer for you guys. Can't wait for 10/25 :D

furman94
January 31st, 2008, 04:13 PM
The Paladin Nation expects Playoffs! If not, there will be a certain coach on the hot seat (if he isn't already) !

PaladinFan
January 31st, 2008, 04:14 PM
Beginning and end of the season could either be the path to the playoffs or a killer for you guys. Can't wait for 10/25 :D

I expect a lot of points in that one.

grizband
January 31st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Good looking schedule for Furman. Open with a DII, travel to an FCS, then play two good FCS schools in Delaware and Colgate. Follow that with the SoCon schedule, and Furman should be able to make a run at the playoffs with 8 or 9 wins.

PaladinFan
January 31st, 2008, 04:16 PM
The Paladin Nation expects Playoffs! If not, there will be a certain coach on the hot seat (if he isn't already) !

He's not. Lamb hasn't had a losing season, a semifinal appearance, a quarterfinal, two first rounds in six years. Furman has the third highest graduation rate of any football school in the country.

PaladinFan
January 31st, 2008, 04:17 PM
Good looking schedule for Furman. Open with a DII, travel to an FCS, then play two good FCS schools in Delaware and Colgate. Follow that with the SoCon schedule, and Furman should be able to make a run at the playoffs with 8 or 9 wins.

If Furman has 8 wins with that schedule in the SoCon, they are a lock for the playoffs.

furman94
January 31st, 2008, 04:30 PM

Thanks for the confidence! I hope!

89Hen
January 31st, 2008, 04:39 PM
First 12 game schedule in school history. I have no problem with Mars Hill as there's certainly some tough games on the docket. If FU makes the playoffs they will definitely have to earn it.
Absolutely no problem with Mars Hill on top of VT, Colgate and the Hens. xnodx

It will be interesting to see how the 12 game slate pans out this year. I think there were some 7-4 at-larges in 2001-02 or whenever those 12 game schedules were.

phillyAPP
January 31st, 2008, 05:06 PM

2008 FURMAN PALADINS FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Aug. 30 MARS HILL
Sept. 6 @ Virginia Tech
Sept. 13 @ Colgate
Sept. 20 DELAWARE
Sept. 27 CHATTANOOGA
Oct. 4 @ Elon
Oct. 11 WESTERN CAROLINA
Oct. 18 THE CITADEL
Oct. 25 @ Appalachian State
Nov. 1 @ Samford
Nov. 15 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
Nov. 22 @ Wofford

What a END of the year. The last 4 of 5 are real tough. If you make the playoffs, you'll either tired or in stride.

UNHWildCats
January 31st, 2008, 05:12 PM
What a END of the year. The last 4 of 5 are real tough. If you make the playoffs, you'll either tired or in stride.
the Bye before thye final two games will definatly help them

Go...gate
January 31st, 2008, 05:16 PM
Glad to see that Furman is playing an easy team as a warm-up before they have to come to Hamilton. :D

fuEMO
January 31st, 2008, 06:14 PM
I like the aggressive early season OOC scheduling by Dr. Clark and BL. I think will give the 2008 Paladins confidence and a measuring stick against some very good competition.

furman94
January 31st, 2008, 07:52 PM
Mabey too good!

PaladinFan
January 31st, 2008, 08:30 PM
I like the aggressive early season OOC scheduling by Dr. Clark and BL. I think will give the 2008 Paladins confidence and a measuring stick against some very good competition.

This is what an FCS schedule should look like, IMO. There's no reason the SoCon and CAA shouldn't hook up all the time.

g-webb1994
January 31st, 2008, 08:45 PM
Brutal end, three of four on the road, and your home game is GSU. They pull 8-4 out of that one they should get an at-large bid.

OL FU
February 1st, 2008, 07:01 AM
I like the schedule and glad to see we got the 12th game.

Glad we are going to Hamilton in September and glad UD is coming to see us (the first year)

OL FU
February 1st, 2008, 07:04 AM
http://furmanpaladins.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/013108aaa.html

It is a long way off, but certainly hope I get to meet some of you UD CAA homers in September. xsmiley_wix

Tribe4SF
February 1st, 2008, 07:13 AM
http://furmanpaladins.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/013108aaa.html

It is a long way off, but certainly hope I get to meet some of you UD CAA homers in September. xsmiley_wix

Hen fans are great, and you can bet there will be plenty of them in town. Also, make sure you get to Va Tech. Terrific atmosphere, and an experience you shouldn't miss. Lane Stadium is one of the best.

OL FU
February 1st, 2008, 07:28 AM
Hen fans are great,

If the fans on AGS are representative of Hen fans in general then I will certainly be pleased and not at all surprised. xthumbsupx

Eyes of Old Main
February 1st, 2008, 08:25 AM
the Bye before the final game will definatly help them

Fixed it for you.

Eyes of Old Main
February 1st, 2008, 08:26 AM
Seriously, though. It's a very good and ambitious schedule for Furman.

I am always impressed with the schedules they put together and I wish Wofford would schedule a little more like that. I'd much rather see the Terriers face off against CAA and Patriot schools than our usual bunch of Big South foes.