PDA

View Full Version : Lamar football vote wraps up; results in today

CSN Log
January 31st, 2008, 06:20 AM
Lamar football vote wraps up; results in today

BEAUMONT - Zach Bass spent one year playing football at a Division III program, looked around at a few other places and decided to come home to Lamar University, where college football has been dead for 19 years.
Today, he’ll find out if Lamar can again give birth to football.
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=lamar-football-vote-wraps-up-results-in-&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more397)

TexasTerror
January 31st, 2008, 06:21 AM
I'm pretty sure this passed. I'll pass along the information (or I am sure someone will) when it is available. The big thing is the percentage. It'd be very telling if this thing was close with a turnout around 10%...

centexguy
January 31st, 2008, 11:26 AM
The results are in and it passed 79% to 21%. Football is back at Lamar!!

TexasTerror
January 31st, 2008, 11:34 AM
This is all we have right now...

The student referendum at Lamar University passed today with 78.5% of the students voting yes, student government association president Obi Arisukwu said in a text message to the Enterprise.

Arisukwu said 1294 students voted in the referendum.

http://beaumontenterprise.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19250574&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512588&rfi=6

There will be a full article later, which we'll get posted on the CSN Log...

Marcus Garvey
January 31st, 2008, 11:36 AM
The results are in and it passed 79% to 71%. Football is back at Lamar!!

Quick, someone call the DNC! Is Katherine Harris running this vote? How did "No" get 71% and still lose?? :D

TexasTerror
January 31st, 2008, 11:46 AM
Quick, someone call the DNC! Is Katherine Harris running this vote? How did "No" get 71% and still lose?? :D

We'll avoid talking smack about Lamar...they get really upset when it's brought to their attention that they are not considered in the same category by the people that matter, with Texas State - San Marcos and Sam Houston State...

centexguy
January 31st, 2008, 12:34 PM
We'll avoid talking smack about Lamar...they get really upset when it's brought to their attention that they are not considered in the same category by the people that matter, with Texas State - San Marcos and Sam Houston State...

Whatever...

Fresno St. Alum
January 31st, 2008, 12:47 PM
congrats to Lamar, when will they start playing? I hope they say in the SLC.

Fresno St. Alum
January 31st, 2008, 12:48 PM
Is UTSA playing football a done deal starting in 2010? I thought I read somewhere where it was a go.

centexguy
January 31st, 2008, 02:33 PM
I believe Lamar does plan to play football in the SLC. They've had some preliminary discussions with conference officials but that's about it. It's probably too early to say what year they'll be competing in the SLC, but they will be playing football in 2010.

I haven't heard much about UTSA football lately. I think they still have to go before their board of regents and get it approved. They stated publicly in the football feasibility study that they want to fast track to the FBS.