How about this for a football-only conference:

Fordham
Hofstra
Iona
Marist
Monmouth
Stony Brook
Wagner
Plus, Columbia as ex-officio member who wouldn't have to play more than a few games a year

andy7171
January 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I'd give them an autobid over the PFL!

schmofstra
January 30th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Oh my apologies! I left out Stony Brook! Sorry! Add Stony Brook to the above.

Monarch History
January 30th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Friends,

This is so crazy to even talk about -- but it's fun!xnodx

Fordham
Hofstra
Iona
Marist
Monmouth
Stony Brook
Wagner
Plus, Columbia as ex-officio member who wouldn't have to play more than a few games a year

Think of all the money you would save on travel.xlolx

Go...gate
January 30th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Why not?

grizband
January 30th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Would Hofstra really want to give up their ties to the CAA, and the autobid the league provides? Your conference would definitely cut down on travel expenses, and could increase interest in FCS football in New York.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 30th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Would Hofstra really want to give up their ties to the CAA, and the autobid the league provides? Your conference would definitely cut down on travel expenses, and could increase interest in FCS football in New York.

You mean the NYAC? (pronounced en-YACK)?

You could commute to games using the subway, LIRR and Metro-North. (And NJ Transit to Monmouth...) It would be the greenest conference in the league... until they're sent to Montana in the playoffs. :p

bandl
January 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Why not?

Because it would be extremely boring and no one outside the conference would give a crap about a single game until the conference auto-bid loses in the first round. xsmhx It would be much like the Big Sky Conference actually. xnodx

Franks Tanks
January 30th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Friends,

Fordham
Hofstra
Iona
Marist
Monmouth
Stony Brook
Wagner

No Albany, Colgate or Cornell. You can add Buffalo as well so they may have a chance at a league championship. I understand they dont reside in NYC but they would hate to be left out

Seawolf97
January 30th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Great conference but a little tilted toward Fordham, Stonybrook and Hofstra -which is ok. I guess all 3 teams could take turns winning the conferencexlolx

brownbear
January 31st, 2008, 12:13 AM
No Albany, Colgate or Cornell. You can add Buffalo as well so they may have a chance at a league championship. I understand they dont reside in NYC but they would hate to be left out

How about adding West Point to this. Cornell, Colgate and Buffalo would still have long drives to NYC and Long Island. West Point lies in the southern New York state region AND they suck at football, so they would be more competitive.

FCS Preview
January 31st, 2008, 06:02 AM
Friends,

Fordham
Hofstra
Iona
Marist
Monmouth
Stony Brook
Wagner

This would be a great conference -- if we were still in 1987. :D

Seawolf97
January 31st, 2008, 07:15 PM
This would be a great conference -- if we were still in 1987. :D

You mean it isnt?xlolx

furman94
January 31st, 2008, 07:50 PM
Uh, why would Hofstra quit the CAA for a newly formed NYAC? They'd probably win it almost every year, but they wouldn't have an autobid, would they?

hebmskebm
January 31st, 2008, 08:29 PM
The local paper on Long Island, Newsday, regularly prints articles bemoaning the loss of regional rivalries in small college football in the area. If they had their way, they would have stony brook and hofstra downgrade and play only local schools.

Seawolf97
February 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
The local paper on Long Island, Newsday, regularly prints articles bemoaning the loss of regional rivalries in small college football in the area. If they had their way, they would have stony brook and hofstra downgrade and play only local schools.

Actually your right .Yet Hofstra and Stonybrook have a pretty good rivalry going in all sports . We havent beaten them in football yet but in other sports we win some and they win some. Credit Hofstra also with a nationally ranked wrestling team- they have hosted the likes of Iowa and Nebraska for matches to name a few.

schmofstra
February 1st, 2008, 08:38 PM
And if we could convince St. Peter's to pony up and support football again, that could be yet another team in our Greater Gotham Grid conference.

GreatAppSt
February 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
keeping

GannonFan
February 4th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Travel would be fine, as long as there aren't too many games out on the Island - tough to get in and out of there.

Fordham
February 4th, 2008, 04:21 PM
While I don't see this conference getting any legs, I would like to see Hofstra and Stony Brook start appearing on our skid for many reasons ... travel, increased local interest, etc.

dbackjon
February 4th, 2008, 10:11 PM
While I don't see this conference getting any legs, I would like to see Hofstra and Stony Brook start appearing on our skid for many reasons ... travel, increased local interest, etc.

Those would be great OOC games for all parties

Seawolf97
February 5th, 2008, 07:14 PM

Couldn't agree more. A couple home and aways would be nice to see- they would be good games