PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette OC to Richmond?

Eight Legger
January 30th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Can any Lafayette guys tell us about Mike Faragalli, who is apparently becoming our new offensive coordinator? I gather he likes to throw the ball, which is what I want to hear. . .

Lehigh Football Nation
January 30th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Lafayette was a borderline smashmouth team the past four years+. Faragalli has adapted to the talent he's had on hand in my opinion, and as a Lehigh fan I'm glad to see him go to Richmond xnodx

Franks Tanks
January 30th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Vert true LFN, if Farigalli has any system I guess it can be described as pro-style that is adapted to personel. We threw the ball a ton with Marko Glavic at QB, and have run a lot the last few years with some very good backs and mobile QB's. He will play to your talents, but dont expect great amounts of creativity-- just smart play calling

Eight Legger
January 30th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks. Sounds like what I wanted to hear, someone like Clawson who works with what he has and adapts.

carney2
January 30th, 2008, 12:38 PM
A discussion of Mike Faragalli's contributions and legacy is going on at the Lafayette board. Here is a comment (from me, actually) from that discussion:

My uninformed opinion is that Frank [head coach, Frank Tavani] sets the tone and truly believes in smash mouth, leather helmet football. [Bob] Heffner, as the Associate Head Coach [and offensive line coach], apparently outranks Mike and appears to be a true believer in his offensive line play [and the running game], and is therefore the yin for Frank's yang. That leaves Faragalli a little further on the outside than you normally expect the offensive coordinator to be. Would much change if he moved on?

If he's a pass oriented guy, it hasn't been obvious to me. From his standpoint ya gotta believe that getting out from under the "co-coordinator" scenario described above is a major plus.

Hats off to Mike, and best of luck to him. He has been at Lafayette during the entire Tavani tenure and has been a part of the rennaissance of football on College Hill - from the aftermath of the disastrous "leak" of the "study" that considered dropping to D-III or even dropping the sport altogether, to 3 League championships in the past 4 years, 4 consecutive thumpings of the hated ChickenSquawks (5 out of 6, actually) and the opening of the fantastic new Taj-maFootball. He has been a major contributor and we thank him from the bottom of our hearts.

Eight Legger
January 30th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks Carney,

Could you post a link to your board?

Best of luck with a replacement. . . sorry we had to take your guy, but he sounds like a good one. Anxious to see what he will do with our high-powered offense in the fall.

Franks Tanks
January 30th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks Carney,

Could you post a link to your board?

Best of luck with a replacement. . . sorry we had to take your guy, but he sounds like a good one. Anxious to see what he will do with our high-powered offense in the fall.

Get accustomed the the inside zone play. But in all seriousness he should run a balanced attack.

our little board is at

http://lafayettesports.myfreeforum.org/

Andy
January 30th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Coach F's bio from the Lafayette athletics website:

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/faragalli_mike00.html

Best of luck to him and his family.

Pards Rule
January 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hate to see Mike go, but I would have been much more upset if it was Bob Heffner. You Spiders are getting a good guy.

LehighFan11
January 30th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Richmond, you guys need Travani as your head coach?

ur2k
January 30th, 2008, 07:36 PM
has this been confirmed anywhere?

carney2
January 31st, 2008, 02:38 PM
has this been confirmed anywhere?

Confirmed? I dunno. The Lafayette board is treating it as a done deal.

Lehigh74
February 3rd, 2008, 08:57 AM
Losing good coaches is what happens when you play winning football. It's been going on at Lehigh for a long time. Might the defensive coordinator be next?

GreatAppSt
February 3rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
that

GreatAppSt
February 3rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
killing rats that is the CSN log

ur2k
February 5th, 2008, 04:23 PM
http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020508aac.html

It's official - staff almost complete. We just need to name an OL coach.