PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State gets ball rolling on stadium expansion

CSN Log
January 29th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Jacksonville State gets ball rolling on stadium expansion

FBS still on hold
JACKSONVILLE - The Jacksonville State University board of trustees on Monday set in motion a plan to expand Paul Snow Stadium to 21,000 seats with a three-story skybox/pressbox combination atop four stories of student housing.
Read more (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=jacksonville-state-gets-ball-rolling-on-&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more356)

More (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=jacksonville-state-gets-ball-rolling-on-&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1)

Jiggs
January 29th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Two words - Troy envy.

jsualum97
January 29th, 2008, 01:08 PM
two words for Samford- NO BALLS!!!!

Cocky
January 29th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Two words - Troy envy.

Why not UAB envy? But it sure isn't Samford envy.

GeauxLions94
January 29th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Why not UAB envy? But it sure isn't Samford envy.

Who wants to envy UAB playing in the crumbling death trap known as Legion Field?

Cocky
January 31st, 2008, 07:12 AM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper670/stills/prs8x43q.jpg

http://www.gojaxstate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4550

Maroons
January 31st, 2008, 09:52 AM
Good for JSU. I know that some of the OVC schools are ready to show JSU the door, add Belmont and Lipscomb to the conference and get "back to basketball"... but I think that if the OVC is even remotely serious about football, JSU needs to be retained as long as possible.

Cocky
January 31st, 2008, 01:56 PM
Good for JSU. I know that some of the OVC schools are ready to show JSU the door, add Belmont and Lipscomb to the conference and get "back to basketball"... but I think that if the OVC is even remotely serious about football, JSU needs to be retained as long as possible.

I don't think we would be considering FBS if more OVC schools were like EKU and EIU. Basketball isn't that big of a deal in Alabama.

Fresno St. Alum
January 31st, 2008, 02:05 PM
Thats why I say that if Georgia So. goes FBS that Jacksonville St. would be a great replacement in the SoCon.

Cocky
January 31st, 2008, 06:30 PM
Thats why I say that if Georgia So. goes FBS that Jacksonville St. would be a great replacement in the SoCon.

Not a lot of advantages for JSU in the SOCON. Travel would be greater and to be at the top level in football the budget would be close to FBS. Plus Ga Southern would be one of the drawing cards for JSU to consider the SOCON.

Fresno St. Alum
January 31st, 2008, 06:53 PM
So FBS Indy would still be the route for JSU even if Ga Southern left opening up a spot for JSU in the SoCon.

Ballzy! I hope the Sun Belt lets you in, and you start challenging for Sun Belt championships.

Killtoppers90
January 31st, 2008, 07:04 PM
So FBS Indy would still be the route for JSU even if Ga Southern left opening up a spot for JSU in the SoCon.

Ballzy! I hope the Sun Belt lets you in, and you start changing for Sun Belt championships.
THAT line starts behind us thanks!

Fresno St. Alum
January 31st, 2008, 07:12 PM
you guys are already in the Sun Belt, you didn't move up without a home

Cocky
February 1st, 2008, 06:58 AM

Ballzy! I hope the Sun Belt lets you in, and you start challenging for Sun Belt championships.

If we don't move up will most likely stay in the OVC for the time being. Their isn't much of advantage in the SOCON if Georgia Southern move then possibly App State. If West Georgia, Kennesaw State, Valdosta, and North Alabama move up we will probably consider joining whichever conference accepts them.

AppMan
February 3rd, 2008, 06:09 AM

Thats an odd comment considering Jax State has been vocal in their interest in moving to FBS while GSU has made no mention of such a move.

AppMan
February 3rd, 2008, 06:11 AM
Jacksonville State gets ball rolling on stadium expansion

FBS still on hold
JACKSONVILLE - The Jacksonville State University board of trustees on Monday set in motion a plan to expand Paul Snow Stadium to 21,000 seats with a three-story skybox/pressbox combination atop four stories of student housing.
Read more (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=jacksonville-state-gets-ball-rolling-on-&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more356)

More (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=jacksonville-state-gets-ball-rolling-on-&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1)

Good for Jax State! Don't let the nay-sayers and gloom & doom crowd keep you guys from advancing the program.

AppMan
February 3rd, 2008, 06:24 AM
If the SunBelt would dump North Texas, add Jax State and GSU, then get Denver, UAL, UNO, and South Alabama (unless they add football) to find other basketball leagues, the league would make far more sense. All schools on the same page and a lot less travel.

Fresno St. Alum
February 3rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
AppMan, you are way behind Georgia Southern is doing an FBS study right now. there are threads with links to it on this board.

S.Alabama is starting football in 2009 and will be in playing Sun Belt fb by 2013.

The Belt won't just dump teams they would need find other conferences and then be accepted. Not likely UNT, C-USA or stay, Denver WCC or stay, UNO is the home office of the Belt and will stay.

Fresno St. Alum
February 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
here you go. The thread is 51 pages long.

Georgia Southern Announces Plans for FBS Feasibility Study

The external feasibility study will provide a comprehensive systematic assessment of the requirements for, and impact of, a potential move.

STATESBORO, Ga. - Georgia Southern University Athletics Director Sam Baker announced Thursday (Nov. 29) plans to commission an external feasibility study regarding potential movement of its football program from the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (formerly known as Division I-AA) to the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly known as Division I-A).

The study will provide a comprehensive systematic assessment of the requirements for, and impact of, a potential move. The commissioning of the study, which comes at the start of the NCAA four-year moratorium on moving from the FCS to the FBS, is currently in its planning stages. Further details will be released as they become available.