PDA

View Full Version : ASU WR Coach to WVU

Touchdown Yosef
January 28th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Just heard our WR coach Lonnie Galloway was hired away by West Virginia. Can't say I blame them or him, best of luck.

WUTNDITWAA
January 28th, 2008, 08:36 AM
That sucks, if true, but we got off lighter than I first thought when Rich Rod left WVU.

PaladinFan
January 28th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Furman has, in the past two seasons, lost its offensive line coach to Air Force and this season the Wide Receivers coach to Western Michigan. I suppose having SoCon coaches nation wide in FBS schools can't hurt the reputation.

Touchdown Yosef
January 28th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I don't want to see anyone leave but I guess it is better than losing Saterfield.

ASUPATCH
January 28th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Just heard our WR coach Lonnie Galloway was hired away by West Virginia. Can't say I blame them or him, best of luck.

Wow I didn't see that coming. I know Lonnie a bit as my Wife used to work for them. Thought the ties to App were to tight.

KiddBrewer
January 28th, 2008, 01:06 PM
i dont blame him, he'll fit in real nicely up there. i know the coaching staff is going to miss him tho, as will the players. actually, i will too, hes a real nice guy.

Appguy
January 28th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I wonder who will signal the offensive plays out to the players now?

bench
January 28th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I wonder who will signal the offensive plays out to the players now?

Isn't Trey going to be on the staff this year?

neersnbeers
January 28th, 2008, 04:09 PM
If its true, best of luck to Lonnie. And one great opportunity for a "young gun" to get some great sideline exposure with a great team...........????

appstate38
January 28th, 2008, 05:13 PM
That has been one of the great strengths of this team during this run. The ability to keep the staff together. Hope we don't have anymore get cherry picked.

catamount man
January 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Furman has, in the past two seasons, lost its offensive line coach to Air Force and this season the Wide Receivers coach to Western Michigan. I suppose having SoCon coaches nation wide in FBS schools can't hurt the reputation.

No doubt. Former Western Carolina asst. Matt Rhule was promoted to OC at Temple over the weekend. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

proasu89
January 28th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Best Wishes to Lonnie and all he's done for our programxthumbsupx

feb18blacksunday
January 28th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Sat near him tonite at BB game and saw no evidence of his leaving.

proasu89
January 28th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Sat near him tonite at BB game and saw no evidence of his leaving.

This is what I'm going on.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/WVUBURGHfan/132568

whoanellie
January 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I have always championed Lonnie to bigger and better things.
He will be a Head Coach someday. Quite a resume'
Quality coach, players love him.

Appstate29
January 28th, 2008, 09:57 PM

maybe if Jerry Moore ever retires (I hope he doesn't), Scott heads us up and Lonnie comes back to run our O.

lizrdgizrd
January 29th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Any word yet on whether this is a done deal?

Monarch History
January 29th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Hampton University lost Chris Beatty several weeks ago to WVU where he will become the Offensive Coordinator and Quarterback Coach for West Virginia.

It's always a nice thing when FCS coaches and assistants get hired by top FBS programs. It says something about the level of play by the FBS program they are leaving.xthumbsupx

ERASU2113
January 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Wow I didn't see that coming. I know Lonnie a bit as my Wife used to work for them. Thought the ties to App were to tight.

Ties may be tight within the coaching staff the only thing you've got to think is if they want to be a HC someday they've gotta make a move and try somewhere else.

I mean there's a lot of potential HC candidates to fill in when Jerry Moore retires.
Satterfield, Chris Moore, Shawn Elliott....

The list could go on. All the coaches have been loyal to the program. I mean...

Jerry Moore: 17 years
John Wiley: 17 years
Dale Jones: 12 years
Satterfield: 9 years
Elliott: 10 years
Moore: 13 years
Mark Speir: 5 years
Galloway: 3 years
Brad Glenn 3 years

Glenn and Galloway came in and both worked with WRs. If anything Glenn will will solely take over, if Lonnie is gone of course. He's done great work with the program since he's been there. Best of luck to him. Good position for him too. Exact some offense, just different and better talent at WVU

HighRyder08
January 29th, 2008, 03:33 PM
he is going to West Virginia accoring to rivals.com

Appaholic
January 29th, 2008, 09:35 PM

Quality player in his day as well.......damn good quarterback! Ruined my senior homecoming game......his school was tops in the conference that year, but we held them to a tie going into halftime.....or so we thought....he heaved a huge hail mary before the half that enabled them to take a lead and was also a foreshadowing of what was to come in the 2nd half.......44-15.....not pretty.......Good Luck Lonnie!xthumbsupx

jonmac
January 30th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Quality player in his day as well.......damn good quarterback! Ruined my senior homecoming game......his school was tops in the conference that year, but we held them to a tie going into halftime.....or so we thought....he heaved a huge hail mary before the half that enabled them to take a lead and was also a foreshadowing of what was to come in the 2nd half.......44-15.....not pretty.......Good Luck Lonnie!xthumbsupx

holic,
where'd you play HS ball? I played with Lonnie at RCSH. Trying to remember who we beat by that score back then. You have a pretty good memory.