PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Week-3 Conference Poll

Pete's Weekly
September 20th, 2005, 08:56 PM
The Week-3 conference poll is out, with lots of changes. Congrats A-10 and GWFC. The Power Poll will be out tomorrow.

Don't forget to vote for this week's winners and losers in our weekly Preview.

Pete's I-AA Weekly and Power Poll (http://petespoll.com/)

blur2005
September 21st, 2005, 12:21 AM
Not a bad power poll. I'd say the conferences are where they should be.

th0m
September 21st, 2005, 04:53 AM
Although the PL should stop losing to Ivy and start beating some teams to get ranked above the MEAC.

colgate13
September 21st, 2005, 07:29 AM
Although the PL should stop losing to Ivy and start beating some teams to get ranked above the MEAC.

Yea, we'll try to get that straightened out for you.

89Hen
September 21st, 2005, 08:06 AM
NDSU 35 - NWSt 7
NDSU 41 - Weber 0
CalPoly 37 - SacSt 13
CalPoly 38 - MSU 10
UC-D 20 - Stanford 17

SUU must really be pulling the GWFC down. It's not that they're sixth, but they are a distant sixth. I don't agree with that.

Hansel
September 21st, 2005, 08:16 AM
NDSU 35 - NWSt 7
NDSU 41 - Weber 0
CalPoly 37 - SacSt 13
CalPoly 38 - MSU 10
UC-D 20 - Stanford 17

SUU must really be pulling the GWFC down. It's not that they're sixth, but they are a distant sixth. I don't agree with that.
at least we are ahead of the OVC this week :rolleyes:

th0m
September 21st, 2005, 08:25 AM
Yea, we'll try to get that straightened out for you.

Appreciated ;)

Pete's Weekly
September 21st, 2005, 09:46 PM
NDSU 35 - NWSt 7
NDSU 41 - Weber 0
CalPoly 37 - SacSt 13
CalPoly 38 - MSU 10
UC-D 20 - Stanford 17

Good point & good question. However, this is only week-3 and they have jumped 3 spots. That is really impressive! I don't think that has ever been done in the 3 years of the conference poll. Remember that we are only three weeks into the poll (this is a 13-week season, so there are 10 more to go), so many teams are higher, and lower, than they will be ... based on rank in the initial pre-season poll. The initial poll is heavily based on the previous year, and many of the GWFC team's schedules were loaded with DII's at that time. It's a new conference, give them some time to work their way in.

Tribe4SF
September 21st, 2005, 10:18 PM
Good point & good question. However, this is only week-3 and they have jumped 3 spots. That is really impressive! I don't think that has ever been done in the 3 years of the conference poll. Remember that we are only three weeks into the poll (this is a 13-week season, so there are 10 more to go), so many teams are higher, and lower, than they will be ... based on rank in the initial pre-season poll. The initial poll is heavily based on the previous year, and many of the GWFC team's schedules were loaded with DII's at that time. It's a new conference, give them some time to work their way in.

Uhhh... every reputable power ranking had them near the top of conferences last year.

And how is this a poll?

igo4uni
September 21st, 2005, 10:26 PM
:D :p ;) :) :D :p Gateway #2?..............No Way!!!

Should be #1 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ;) :)

peace

igo4uni

Pete's Weekly
September 22nd, 2005, 06:26 AM
Before I forget, the reason I came on was to let everyone know the week-3 Power Poll is out.

"Gateway #2?..............No Way!!!

Should be #1 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Sorry igo4uni ... it was as close as could be ... but the A-10 is already beginning conference play, which gives a slightly higher strength value. The GFC has a slight lead in the season-to-date numbers.

"Uhhh... every reputable power ranking had them near the top of conferences last year."

Oh well, maybe some of these are not as reputable as you might think. So how do you rank a conference, that did not even have a full compliment of I-AA schedules, against those that did? As far as whether or not it is a poll, Could that not be asked about any of them? Pete's has been around for years bringing the best coverage for I-AA. We inform fans ... not bias them. It is a bit difficult to take your comments as intended with that little green AGS donor button under your name. We (at Pete's) have been around for almost 15 years & have no need to defend ourselves. You should be happy that sites like Pete's are out there covering I-AA ... instead of trashing the site at every opportunity. Did your parents not ever teach you that you are not always right ... and the fact that even if you do not agree with something does not make it wrong? Pete's is an NCAA sanctioned site, that has been out there providing fans with a place to go for I-AA information that they cannot get anywhere else ... or at any other single source. Stats, schedules, NCAA databases, a quality accurate poll that based on performance ... not opinion, a look at upcoming games of interest and significance with a chance to pick your winners, and so much more. Things that fans can see and appreciate each week; even if you want to complain about something as trivial as a name.

lucchesicourt
September 22nd, 2005, 06:41 AM
Pete, Which teams did not have a complete 1AA schedule. I believe Cal Poly, UNC, and UCD for sure had complete 1AA schedules. So, that would leave NDSU, SDSU, and SUU. And of these 3, I do believe NDSU finished in the top 25 in the polls. So, only SDSU and SUU, are the two teams in the conference you must be referring to. So, how should this affect the conference polls in any sort of negative way by saying they did not have a complete 1AA schedule as teams at the bottom of other conferences must also affect their conference's power poll? Right?

Tribe4SF
September 22nd, 2005, 07:49 AM
Oh well, maybe some of these are not as reputable as you might think. So how do you rank a conference, that did not even have a full compliment of I-AA schedules, against those that did? As far as whether or not it is a poll, Could that not be asked about any of them? Pete's has been around for years bringing the best coverage for I-AA. We inform fans ... not bias them. It is a bit difficult to take your comments as intended with that little green AGS donor button under your name. We (at Pete's) have been around for almost 15 years & have no need to defend ourselves. You should be happy that sites like Pete's are out there covering I-AA ... instead of trashing the site at every opportunity. Did your parents not ever teach you that you are not always right ... and the fact that even if you do not agree with something does not make it wrong? Pete's is an NCAA sanctioned site, that has been out there providing fans with a place to go for I-AA information that they cannot get anywhere else ... or at any other single source. Stats, schedules, NCAA databases, a quality accurate poll that based on performance ... not opinion, a look at upcoming games of interest and significance with a chance to pick your winners, and so much more. Things that fans can see and appreciate each week; even if you want to complain about something as trivial as a name.

If you don't want questions, discussion or criticism, then you certainly ought to know better than to post here. What does the fact that I'm an AGS donor have to do with this thread? Do you think there's some conspiracy against you?

A poll is a canvassing of the opinions of a group of people to determine their net opinion. What you publish is not a poll, but a ranking of teams based on a system. I would think you'd want to accurately describe your work, as others do who devise such systems. The reputable ones are constructed by people with strong backgrounds in statistics and data analysis. Over the course of an entire season, they had plenty of data to rank the GWFC.

As to what my parents may or may not have taught me, I'd suggest you try that shoe on yourself. The people on here are true fans of I-AA football with a cumulative understanding of the division which is unsurpassed by anyone. If you can't take feedback that your "poll" is out of whack with other ranking systems, then question your own parents.

I applaud your effort to promote I-AA. It would appear, however, that your need to be right may be getting in the way of you doing an even better job.

OL FU
September 22nd, 2005, 08:03 AM
, It is a bit difficult to take your comments as intended with that little green AGS donor button under your name.

:eek: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Exile me to the Leper camp.

colgate13
September 22nd, 2005, 08:25 AM
:eek: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Exile me to the Leper camp.

Welcome! Where you been all this time? We've been waiting for you! :p

89Hen
September 22nd, 2005, 08:54 AM
Pete's is an NCAA sanctioned site, that has been out there providing fans with a place to go for I-AA information that they cannot get anywhere else ... or at any other single source. Stats, schedules, NCAA databases, a quality accurate poll that based on performance ... not opinion,
Don't agree with that statement at all.

colgate13
September 22nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Pete's is not "an NCAA sanctioned site" at all. The NCAA does not sanction websites.

They don't? :confused::confused::confused:

And here I was searching the NCAA website all morning so I could get them to sanction mine. :(

Oh, wait, I wasn't that dumb. I knew that the NCAA didn't do that. :rolleyes::p

89Hen
September 22nd, 2005, 10:24 AM
AGS Forum: 1,061 members, 3,558 threads, 60,364 posts

Pete's Forum: 27 registered users, 42 topics and 147 posts

AGS Poll: used by numerous I-AA athletic departments in press releases

Pete's "Poll": posted on AGS's site to try to drum up interest

Lehigh Football Nation
September 22nd, 2005, 11:19 AM
AGS Forum: 1,061 members, 3,558 threads, 60,364 posts

Pete's Forum: 27 registered users, 42 topics and 147 posts

AGS Poll: used by numerous I-AA athletic departments in press releases