PDA

View Full Version : Starting UVA Soph DE to transfer- JMU or UD?

BDKJMU
January 25th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Rumor has it on the JMU caazone board that this guy is looking at JMU and UD. This would be a HUGE pickup for either JMU, UD, or wherever this guy ends up.

"Jeffrey Fitzgerald, Virginia's top returning defensive lineman, is leaving the football team for undisclosed reasons, the Charlottesville Daily Progress reported Friday.

Citing anonymous sources, the newspaper said Fitzgerald informed teammates Thursday of his departure.

A rising junior from Richmond's Hermitage High, Fitzgerald was the Cavaliers' fourth-leading tackler in 2007 with 73 stops. His 11.5 tackles for loss were second to Chris Long's 19."
http://www.dailyprogress.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=CDP%2FMGArticle%2FCDP_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173354355065&path=!sports
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2006&org=746&player=95

This guy if he stayed at UVA and remained healthly was a highly likely 08' or 09' All ACC pick and potential All American. Obviously he would start at any I-AA he transferred to. JMU has 3 returning starters on defensive line (pending eligibility status of 2nd team All CAA DE Hassan Abdul-Wahid, who was listed as a senior this season, is expected to be granted another year of eligibility by the NCAA. He transferred to JMU from Virginia Commonwealth, which doesn’t field a football team, and played three seasons for the Dukes. Under NCAA rules, if he completes his degree requirements by the end of this year, he is eligible to play his fourth season. If they landed Fitzgerald, wow.

Fitzgerald went to Hermitage HS in Richmond. JMU has 2 other players from Hermitage:
Griff Yancey (RB) - Redshirt Freshmen
Trae Kenney (FB) - Redshirt Sophomore
Maybe they can help reel him in.

JMU-MRD-DAD
January 25th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Rumor has it on the JMU caazone board that this guy is looking at JMU and UD. This would be a HUGE pickup for either JMU, UD, or wherever this guy ends up.

"Jeffrey Fitzgerald, Virginia's top returning defensive lineman, is leaving the football team for undisclosed reasons, the Charlottesville Daily Progress reported Friday.

Citing anonymous sources, the newspaper said Fitzgerald informed teammates Thursday of his departure.

A rising junior from Richmond's Hermitage High, Fitzgerald was the Cavaliers' fourth-leading tackler in 2007 with 73 stops. His 11.5 tackles for loss were second to Chris Long's 19."
http://www.dailyprogress.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=CDP%2FMGArticle%2FCDP_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173354355065&path=!sports
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2006&org=746&player=95

This guy if he stayed at UVA and remained healthly was a highly likely 08' or 09' All ACC pick and potential All American. Obviously he would start at any I-AA he transferred to. JMU has 3 returning starters on defensive line (pending eligibility status of 2nd team All CAA DE Hassan Abdul-Wahid, who was listed as a senior this season, is expected to be granted another year of eligibility by the NCAA. He transferred to JMU from Virginia Commonwealth, which doesn’t field a football team, and played three seasons for the Dukes. Under NCAA rules, if he completes his degree requirements by the end of this year, he is eligible to play his fourth season. If they landed Fitzgerald, wow.

Fitzgerald went to Hermitage HS in Richmond. JMU has 2 other players from Hermitage:
Griff Yancey (RB) - Redshirt Freshmen
Trae Kenney (FB) - Redshirt Sophomore
Maybe they can help reel him in.

Wow.......this would be huge.

Hopefully Mickey can reel him in.........close to home...sounds like a good fit!!!!!!!

Go Dukes

MR. CHICKEN
January 25th, 2008, 06:33 PM
TA THINK......TALLEY (NOTRE DAME).....FITZGERALD (VIRGINIA)....ON DUH OUTSIDES.........FREES UP MARCORELLE........FO' ALL 'MERICAN LINEBACKER...........AHHH LIKEY..........xhypedx...BRAWK!

BDKJMU
January 25th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hold on, damnit, may be a false rumor and might have gotten my hopes up for nothing. Stay tuned....
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-fitz25,0,7288009.story

BDKJMU
January 26th, 2008, 01:51 AM
BTW the rumor about Fitzgerald possibly interested in transferring to JMU or UD came from the UVA Rivals board.

And point of note, the UVA starting QB Sewell who is transferring because of academic suspension, a discussion which is currently on page 3 with 4 pages of comments, he is another product of Hermitage HS.

Right now the UVA transfer list looks like:
-Starting QB Jameel Sewell- rumor has it Liberty
-Starting CB Chris Cook, All ACC, who might be UVa's best returning defensive player, and a junior this year, so under the new rules not sure if he can transfer to a I-AA
-Reserve LB Darnell Carter
-Reserve WR Chris Dalton
-Starting DE Fitzgerald?

Looks like UVA has major problems.

SuperJon
January 26th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Right now the UVA transfer list looks like:
-Starting QB Jameel Sewell- rumor has it Liberty

I don't know where you're hearing that but it's not coming from us. There's only one rumored to be coming to us, and it's been talked about for the past two-three weeks.

ur2k
January 26th, 2008, 01:01 PM
http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/sports.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-01-26-0162.html

According to the article above sources say it may be due to academics

JMU-MRD-DAD
January 26th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I just find it odd that the high school coach is validating everything is fine rather than getting confirmation from Groh.

Sounds like UVA has a few issues.

DTSpider
January 28th, 2008, 11:39 AM
There are some major issues at UVA right now. I don't think I'd put any of these kids high on a wish list right now.

bluehenbillk
January 28th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Word is this kid got the boot form UVA for an honor code violation. Can't see either school touching that with a 10-foot pole....

BDKJMU
February 25th, 2008, 10:47 PM
He's gone. This just broke on the Richmond Times Dispatch Website at 10:49 P.M:
http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-02-25-0299.html

DTSpider
February 25th, 2008, 10:51 PM
It'll be interesting to see where he lands. It would have to be a school really willing to give 2nd chances with a lot of academic support.

ChickenMan
February 26th, 2008, 08:08 AM
It'll be interesting to see where he lands. It would have to be a school really willing to give 2nd chances with a lot of academic support.

if he has 'academic' issues.. that school won't be Delaware

henfan
February 26th, 2008, 08:10 AM
To the earlier point, both UD & JMU have histories of passing on UVa kids who've left for academic reasons. Not saying it will happen here because I'm sure each situation is different. I'm aware of three former UVa players who ended up at conference rival schools when the Dukes and Hens took passes.

Spider
February 26th, 2008, 08:32 AM
if he has 'academic' issues.. that school won't be Delaware

it sure won't be Richmond.....

LehighFan11
February 26th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Richmond, Delaware, and JMU are all great schools with respected academics. Having said that, if they see each other in the race for this kid, I'm sure they will do anything so he doesn't go to a conference foe.

jmuroller
February 26th, 2008, 08:46 AM
If he isn't eligible at UVA when he transfers, then he can't transfer anywhere else. He will be ineligible everywhere else also.

Eight Legger
February 26th, 2008, 09:47 AM

Sounds like JMU to me:D

Eight Legger
February 26th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Actually, rumor has it he may want to head to K-State, where former UVA assistant Ron Prince is running the show. Doubt we'll see him at an FCS school.

andy7171
February 26th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Actually, rumor has it he may want to head to K-State, where former UVA assistant Ron Prince is running the show. Doubt we'll see him at an FCS school.

Especially if he has to sit out no matter where he goes.

93henfan
February 26th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I heard Florida State is looking to fill 30 spots or so.

already123
February 26th, 2008, 10:08 AM
somebody figure out why he is transfering

813Jag
February 26th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I heard Florida State is looking to fill 30 spots or so.
Most of those spots are being filled by true freshmen.

gotribe
February 26th, 2008, 10:32 AM
As I recall, if he's accused of an honor violation but leaves school before his trial and/or conviction, the violation goes away since he's no longer a student. If so, then it becomes a question of what subjects he's considered in "good academic standing" that are transferable? Enrolling in summer sessions at an FCS school may not be enough to have him eligible to play in the fall.

Tribe4SF
February 26th, 2008, 11:16 AM
As I recall, if he's accused of an honor violation but leaves school before his trial and/or conviction, the violation goes away since he's no longer a student. If so, then it becomes a question of what subjects he's considered in "good academic standing" that are transferable? Enrolling in summer sessions at an FCS school may not be enough to have him eligible to play in the fall.

Depends when the alleged violation took place. If it related to exams previous semester, it could hurt him badly. They certainly wouldn't just drop that.

89Hen
February 26th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Especially if he has to sit out no matter where he goes.
I missed that part... why would he have to sit out at a I-AA next year?

Eight Legger
February 26th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Local radio in Richmond today was reporting he may have plagiarized a paper, then challenged it through the school's honor council but lost.

Tribe4SF
February 26th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I missed that part... why would he have to sit out at a I-AA next year?

If he's academically ineligible, he's ineligible no matter where he goes. Most schools, also, will not accept students who are under suspension at another school.

bluehenbillk
February 26th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Outside of schools like UMass or JMU I don't know who would touch a kid with a tainted academic background.

JMU2004
February 26th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Outside of schools like UMass or JMU I don't know who would touch a kid with a tainted academic background.

yep, lump us in with UMass Bill. We take SO many transfers with tainted academic backgrounds.

Give me a break.....xnonono2x

gotribe
February 26th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Yo Tribe4SF,

I'f 8 legger is right, Fitz left rather than appealing the honor council's decision. Back in the day, I know of a UVA guy that was convicted of a similar honor code violation who ended up at Baylor. In fact, after conviction, he was told to be off the UVA grounds within 24 hours.

Just hard to tell how far things went for Fritz. Could've been the case where an otherwise decent young man makes a bad choice and now must pay for it.

One thing for sure, any program that has it in their heart to "give a kid a second chance' is getting a hell of a football player.

bluehenbillk
February 26th, 2008, 01:13 PM
yep, lump us in with UMass Bill. We take SO many transfers with tainted academic backgrounds.

Give me a break.....xnonono2x

Comment had nothing to do with transfers, but to use your terminology it has everything to do with "tainted academic backgrounds".

See your starting receiver corps for a perfect example, you have a guy that needed a heckuva lot of attempts to spell S-A-T correctly.....

gotribe
February 26th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Well, I think UVA does a decent job overall with the academics of thier football players. Having said that, this past off season was pretty rough academically. Groh gets a ktchen pass from admissions on some guys, but no more than any ACC school (except Duke, can't you tell?).

It still doesn't taint the academic reputatiion and standards of the University. Ask any high school senior trying to get in.

JMU2004
February 26th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Comment had nothing to do with transfers, but to use your terminology it has everything to do with "tainted academic backgrounds".

See your starting receiver corps for a perfect example, you have a guy that needed a heckuva lot of attempts to spell S-A-T correctly.....

You have been complaining about Rockheed McCarter for well over 2 years now. I would have hoped that you could have found some new material over the years.

One final note on McCarter. His brother played at JMU while he was being recruited. We were a bit closer to the situation than most, and that includes whatever "sources" you have.

BDKJMU
February 26th, 2008, 02:18 PM
You have been complaining about Rockheed McCarter for well over 2 years now. I would have hoped that you could have found some new material over the years.

One final note on McCarter. His brother played at JMU while he was being recruited. We were a bit closer to the situation than most, and that includes whatever "sources" you have.

And his brother is now an officer with the JMU Police Department.

ericsaid
February 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Why would he transfer if he's starting at UVA?

spdram
February 26th, 2008, 03:43 PM
K-State seems to have the inside on this transfer right now. Shame to see a kid taint what was otherwise a great resume he was building.

lizrdgizrd
February 26th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Why would he transfer if he's starting at UVA?
Reading comprehension tells us that it's due to academic issues. xnonono2x

mcveyrl
February 26th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Reading comprehension tells us that it's due to academic issues. xnonono2x

That's your boy!!:D :D

jmuroller
February 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM

Get over it Bill. SEC and ACC schools take up to 5-6 kids each year that have not met SAT requirements. Even UVA takes some each year. To lump us with a school like UMass because you have ONE example is ridiculous. McCarter was a special situation anyways because the JMU coaches had known him since before he even was in High School. He is from inner city Philly and his mother and father have had no active part in life for years. For you to take a cheap shot at him like that on a public forum is shameful. He has caused no problems at JMU will graduate just like his brother with a degree in 4 years.

lizrdgizrd
February 26th, 2008, 04:05 PM
That's your boy!!:D :D
I'd like to take this opportunity to note that eric has not yet attended the fine institution of Appalachian State University. And if his writing here is a true reflection of his abilities he may not be attending said institution in the future. xpeacex

mcveyrl
February 26th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to note that eric has not yet attended the fine institution of Appalachian State University. And if his writing here is a true reflection of his abilities he may not be attending said institution in the future. xpeacex

As long as I can take this opportunity to point out that no one here really believes that alexale went to JMU...:D

Or UR Law for that matter!

lizrdgizrd
February 26th, 2008, 04:08 PM
As long as I can take this opportunity to point out that no one here really believes that alexale went to JMU...:D

Or UR Law for that matter!
But he had the helmet avatars and everything! xlolx

mcveyrl
February 26th, 2008, 04:14 PM
But he had the helmet avatars and everything! xlolx

That's right! Dang it...

Not to mention he was always able to line up his bannings with big real estate closings...he was very efficient!

lizrdgizrd
February 26th, 2008, 04:17 PM
That's right! Dang it...

Not to mention he was always able to line up his bannings with big real estate closings...he was very efficient!
Only a JMU and UR grad could do that! xnodx

LehighFan11
February 26th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Get over it Bill. SEC and ACC schools take up to 5-6 kids each year that have not met SAT requirements. Even UVA takes some each year. To lump us with a school like UMass because you have ONE example is ridiculous. McCarter was a special situation anyways because the JMU coaches had known him since before he even was in High School. He is from inner city Philly and his mother and father have had no active part in life for years. For you to take a cheap shot at him like that on a public forum is shameful. He has caused no problems at JMU will graduate just like his brother with a degree in 4 years.

It's more like half the team.

blur2005
February 27th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Knowing a little about the UVA honor system, the University doesn't disclose why a student transferred if it is due to an honor offense because of the nature of the Single Sanction. A friend of mine's girlfriend was convicted of an honor offense and transferred to William & Mary from UVA - there's no record of an honor offense publicly or on the transcript. Now, obviously, with a public figure as well known as Fitzgerald, things can leak, as it becomes known within the UVA community (read: football administration) as to why Fitzgerald has to leave the University and someone opens their yap.

This has been a horrendous offseason for my Cavaliers. We have lost our starting QB, best defensive back, and now best defensive player returning, period, in one offseason. Every single one of them left for academic reasons. If something happens to Mikael Simpson, I may not go to a football game next year. Alright, that's a lie, but christ, what else can happen?

Eight Legger
February 27th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Alright, that's a lie, but christ, what else can happen?

Hmmm...well, you can start off the year by getting pounded by USC, then losing to us. I'd put the odds of that at about 1:5 right now.

Tribe4SF
February 27th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Article in today's Daily Press with quotes from Mike London. Doesn't clarify exactly what happened, but implies he is not "in good academic standing".

http://www.dailypress.com/story/dp-spt_fitzgerald_0227feb27,0,3729920.story (http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt_fitzgerald_0227feb27,0,3729920.story)

Sorry. Bad link. Try this.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt_fitzgerald_0227feb27,0,3729920.story

blur2005
February 27th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Hmmm...well, you can start off the year by getting pounded by USC, then losing to us. I'd put the odds of that at about 1:5 right now.
I'd say the first is a given at this point, though the nice thing about games yet to be played is that you can always hope. The second is less likely but let's just say that, right now, I would not be willing to be too much on a Cavs victory.

Of course, if Richmond does beat UVA, it will have one good outcome: Al Groh will be back on the road to being fired.

ur2k
February 27th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Knowing a little about the UVA honor system, the University doesn't disclose why a student transferred if it is due to an honor offense because of the nature of the Single Sanction. A friend of mine's girlfriend was convicted of an honor offense and transferred to William & Mary from UVA - there's no record of an honor offense publicly or on the transcript. Now, obviously, with a public figure as well known as Fitzgerald, things can leak, as it becomes known within the UVA community (read: football administration) as to why Fitzgerald has to leave the University and someone opens their yap.

This has been a horrendous offseason for my Cavaliers. We have lost our starting QB, best defensive back, and now best defensive player returning, period, in one offseason. Every single one of them left for academic reasons. If something happens to Mikael Simpson, I may not go to a football game next year. Alright, that's a lie, but christ, what else can happen?

Don't forget losing your defensive coordinator to little ole Richmond. xthumbsupx

BDKJMU
February 27th, 2008, 01:27 PM

I would LOVE to see UR beat UVGay :)

Eight Legger
February 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM

I think we'll have a lot of fans that day. Honestly, I will be really disappointed if lose. I am looking at that game as one we really should win.

HIU 93
February 27th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Looks like UVA has major problems.

They do. His name is Al Groh.xlolx

blur2005
February 28th, 2008, 08:57 AM
UVGay :)

Wow, what a clever, witty insult.xrolleyesx

mcveyrl
February 28th, 2008, 09:01 AM

Please don't let this come between you guys...xbawlingx xbawlingx

What would Jefferson and Madison do?

GannonFan
February 28th, 2008, 09:19 AM

Blame it on Adams and Hamilton (but do it through the press so as not to dirty their hands)? xlolx xlolx :p

BDKJMU
February 28th, 2008, 11:21 AM

He must have never seen the UVA JMU t-shirts "Just Missed UVA. Typical attitude of a bunch of elitist snobs. :(

I remember going there a few weekends back when I was at JMU. Never seen more nose in the air snobs in my life. Totally different vibe than you see at JMU or any of the other state schools. F'ck them. :D

SkinsWizDukes
February 28th, 2008, 11:47 AM
He must have never seen the UVA JMU t-shirts "Just Missed UVA. Typical attitude of a bunch of elitist snobs. :(

I remember going there a few weekends back when I was at JMU. Never seen more nose in the air snobs in my life. Totally different vibe than you see at JMU or any of the other state schools. F'ck them. :D

We do have shirts that say:
JMU
"The University of Virginia" written in UVa colors.

I guess not as bad, though.

blur2005
February 28th, 2008, 01:18 PM

I'm completely aware of the Just Missed UVA joke. It's kind of funny but as I'm the son of a JMU professor who has lived in Harrisonburg his entire life outside of college (I'm in Spain right now), insulting JMU would be out-of-step for me. I started going to JMU football games when I was seven years old. I remember well the Mike Cauley days for goodness sake and I'm only 21.

Funny story about the whole elitist snobs thing: we may be pretty snobby about being at a pretty damn good school but elitist my foot. We have one of the most diverse student populations in the country that stretches across every class, race, sexual orientation, etc. Check out JMU's stats and you may discover that it is sorely lacking in anything approaching diversity.

mcveyrl
February 28th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I'm completely aware of the Just Missed UVA joke. It's kind of funny but as I'm the son of a JMU professor who has lived in Harrisonburg his entire life outside of college (I'm in Spain right now), insulting JMU would be out-of-step for me. I started going to JMU football games when I was seven years old. I remember well the Mike Cauley days for goodness sake and I'm only 21.

Funny story about the whole elitist snobs thing: we may be pretty snobby about being at a pretty damn good school but elitist my foot. We have one of the most diverse student populations in the country that stretches across every class, race, sexual orientation, etc. Check out JMU's stats and you may discover that it is sorely lacking in anything approaching diversity.

That's not a story or funny.

As far as the shirts thing, they're funny, except for the fact that I was a music business major at JMU and never even considered going to UVa (for one, UVa doesn't offer such a program), nor would any music major that knew what was up. I'd really like to know the number of people that go to JMU that got denied at UVA...it's probably not that big.

UVA's good for what it is and it's a great school. I will say that about 50% of the grads I know from there are pretty irritating ("the grounds", "first years", etc.) and for the most part arrogant with no reason to be other than the fact they went to UVa, but the other half are pretty cool.

BDKJMU
February 28th, 2008, 03:20 PM

How come your avatar is JMU and not UVA xconfusedx .

lizrdgizrd
February 28th, 2008, 04:17 PM
As far as the shirts thing, they're funny, except for the fact that I was a music business major at JMU and never even considered going to UVa (for one, UVa doesn't offer such a program), nor would any music major that knew what was up.

Another point of similarity between ASU and JMU.

blur2005
February 29th, 2008, 08:45 AM
That's not a story or funny.

As far as the shirts thing, they're funny, except for the fact that I was a music business major at JMU and never even considered going to UVa (for one, UVa doesn't offer such a program), nor would any music major that knew what was up. I'd really like to know the number of people that go to JMU that got denied at UVA...it's probably not that big.

UVA's good for what it is and it's a great school. I will say that about 50% of the grads I know from there are pretty irritating ("the grounds", "first years", etc.) and for the most part arrogant with no reason to be other than the fact they went to UVa, but the other half are pretty cool.
I haven't ever quite understood why the whole "grounds" or "first years" thing bothers people. It's just a tradition at UVA, one I use when I'm there or referring to something UVA-related.

JMU was an excellent choice for anything related to music. In high school, I spent many a day there for singing events I participated in.

How come your avatar is JMU and not UVA xconfusedx .
Well, this site is for FCS football and I'm a JMU fan. Therefore, I have a JMU avatar. I joined the site back in October of the national title year when I was a senior in high school. A very good year, indeed.xthumbsupx

89Hen
February 29th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I haven't ever quite understood why the whole "grounds" or "first years" thing bothers people. It's just a tradition at UVA, one I use when I'm there or referring to something UVA-related.
I can answer that since I am married to a UVA alum (all four kids in her family are)... it's because it's NOT only used when you are there. It's used every time somebody says "campus" or "freshman" to a UVA alum or student. It is annoying as hell. I now go out of my way to say to UVA alums, "I love your campus." and when they correct me (which they do every time), I further it by saying, "Your freshman dorms on campus are very nice too." xnodx xlolx xnodx

blur2005
February 29th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I can answer that since I am married to a UVA alum (all four kids in her family are)... it's because it's NOT only used when you are there. It's used every time somebody says "campus" or "freshman" to a UVA alum or student. It is annoying as hell. I now go out of my way to say to UVA alums, "I love your campus." and when they correct me (which they do every time), I further it by saying, "Your freshman dorms on campus are very nice too." xnodx xlolx xnodx
I said I use these terms when referring to UVA, so I don't have to be on Grounds to do it. If I was talking about a freshman at JMU, for example, I'd never say first year. But if I'm talking about one of my friends at school, I'd clearly say "so-and-so who is a first year." Still beyond me as to why it's really annoying to some people.

mcveyrl
February 29th, 2008, 09:27 AM

I said I use these terms when referring to UVA, so I don't have to be on Grounds to do it. If I was talking about a freshman at JMU, for example, I'd never say first year. But if I'm talking about one of my friends at school, I'd clearly say "so-and-so who is a first year." Still beyond me as to why it's really annoying to some people.

Thank you both for proving my point.

89Hen
February 29th, 2008, 09:37 AM

Thank you both for proving my point.
Exactly. Furthermore, I think that UVA's alums and students refusal to acknowledge that it's annoying to others makes it even more annoying. How can you possibly not see that IT IS annoying to other people? And by other people, I mean ANYONE who is not a UVA alum or student? These arguements with my wife make me want to root for the Hokies. xeekx xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
February 29th, 2008, 09:47 AM
It's annoying because it is pretentious. You're not a British boarding school or imaginary magic school, you're an American University. xnonono2x

Dukes2011
February 29th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Not to get all uppity with my first post or anything, but wasn't this topic supposed to be about where Fitzgerald was going to transfer? Can't we all just get along? :D

P.S. It's good to be here. I've been reading this site for a while and finally thought I should man up and join some discussions. Go Dukes!

blur2005
February 29th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Not to get all uppity with my first post or anything, but wasn't this topic supposed to be about where Fitzgerald was going to transfer? Can't we all just get along? :D

P.S. It's good to be here. I've been reading this site for a while and finally thought I should man up and join some discussions. Go Dukes!
Welcome Dukes2011! Glad to see you joining up.

On the topic of this thread, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Fitzgerald doesn't end up at JMU.

BDKJMU
February 29th, 2008, 01:26 PM
It's annoying because it is pretentious. You're not a British boarding school or imaginary magic school, you're an American University. xnonono2x

Ditto...xnodx

bjtheflamesfan
March 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
There are rumblings that this kid may end up in Lynchburg along with another kid from UVA. Nothing to confirm as of yet since these right now are just rumors and rumblings.

BDKJMU
March 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
UVA player arrested:
http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-03-03-0193.html

Monarch History
March 3rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
It just seems the problems keep mounting for Virginia.xsmhx

blur2005
March 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
UVA player arrested:
http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-03-03-0193.html
This is getting absurd. I wasn't really expecting much from him this coming season but still, he has been a complete screw-up during his time at UVA.