PDA

View Full Version : WCU gets verbal from Ohio QB (link)

catamount man
January 23rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=76761&sport=1

Looks like those midwest contacts may be paying off for Coach Wagner and staff.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

citdog
January 23rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
two words Billy Mcqueeny

catamount man
January 23rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
two words Billy Mcqueeny

Is he Michael McQueeny's little brother? Michael is wasting his time holding Spurrier's clipboard. When he left WCU, I am really suprised he didn't go to Coastal or another FCS school. Why he went to South Carolina, I'll never know?

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Appaholic
January 23rd, 2008, 05:58 PM

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Congrats........we'll enjoy folding him like an accordian in the years to come.....xwhistlex

catamount man
January 23rd, 2008, 08:02 PM
Congrats........we'll enjoy folding him like an accordian in the years to come.....xwhistlex

xrolleyesx You gotta catch him first big boy! xcoffeex

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

APP91
January 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
xrolleyesx You gotta catch him first big boy! xcoffeex

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

At 4.58, No worries, we've got that covered all day.xsmiley_wix

Eyes of Old Main
January 24th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I thought Hearns was "The Man".

catamount man
January 25th, 2008, 06:46 AM
I thought Hearns was "The Man".

He still is but now we have TWO mobile QBs plus Zack Jaynes waiting in the wing as well. In other words, we should be fine at QB.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Eyes of Old Main
January 25th, 2008, 09:24 AM
He still is but now we have TWO mobile QBs plus Zack Jaynes waiting in the wing as well. In other words, we should be fine at QB.

Makes sense. Congrats!

ncbears
January 25th, 2008, 12:51 PM

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Not to be a prick but we've got an entire thread about recruits. Did you really have to start another one just for you??

catamount man
January 25th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Not to be a prick but we've got an entire thread about recruits. Did you really have to start another one just for you??

As a matter of fact..........YES!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

WCU LawCat
January 26th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Something tells me he is going to be a DB.

mountain_man
January 28th, 2008, 09:35 AM
What's the deal with Jaynes? I watched him in high school several times (from the sidelines and the stands) and he was amazing. I figured he would be the future for WCU. He has a strong, accurate arm, and is pretty good on his feet.

I thought it might take a year or two for Jaynes to work in, but WCU's looking for QB's can't be a good sign for his playing time.

WCU LawCat
January 28th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Jaynes is still very much in the picture.

The truth is that the plans of the new staff are a complete mystery right now. Jaynes was redshirted last year because Spitzer was a senior and they also worked in Hearns who impressed in the spring and pre season. Hearns can play several positions but would be the favorite to be the starter if the staff wants him to be a QB because he is flat out elusive. If Jaynes can play the game on an even level with Hearns then I'd like to see him be the QB and let Hearns split out wide. Then bring in some backups.

We are also in the running right now for a three star QB from out west...and from the looks of his SAT score he is not a prop

Catamount2009
January 28th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Triplett in action...
http://scoutingohio.com/Randy_Triplett_Yo_Christian2008.htm

catamount man
January 28th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Dennis Wagner is certainly not Kent Briggs when it comes to discipline. Several of the kids tried to push him by showing up late for a mandatory 2K run the other day and these kids are now regretting the day they were born.

Cannot elaborate, but they will be hating life by the time the Spring Game is over with. Thank you for the much needed discipline in Cullowhee Coach Wagner. xbowx xbowx xbowx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!