9/27 Hofstra
10/4 BYE Week
10/11 at Liberty
10/18 Charleston Southern
10/25 at Coastal Carolina
11/1 Gardner-Webb
11/8 at Iona
11/15 VMI

11 games with 6 games at home and all FCS teams.

schmofstra
January 22nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
See you at the Schmofstra, ahem, I mean Hofstra game.:D

And I would guess Coastal Carolina is coming to Stony Brook next year? That may be CCUCheer's Long Island debut!xsmiley_wix

grizband
January 22nd, 2008, 08:57 PM
Official Stonybrook Schedule 2008

8/30 Colgate
9/6 Elon
9/13 at Maine
9/20 at Brown
9/27 Hofstra
10/4 BYE Week
10/11 at Liberty
11/1 Gardner-Webb
11/8 at Iona
11/15 VMI

With only 5 conference games, Stony Brook could have added a few lower FCS or DivII games, but they stepped up and put together a good schedule. Unfortunately, I could see them headed into their conference games with a 1-3 record (although, I honestly don't know who they return from last year). Prove me wrong, Stony Brook, prove me wrong!

Seawolf97
January 22nd, 2008, 09:09 PM
With only 5 conference games, Stony Brook could have added a few lower FCS or DivII games, but they stepped up and put together a good schedule. Unfortunately, I could see them headed into their conference games with a 1-3 record (although, I honestly don't know who they return from last year). Prove me wrong, Stony Brook, prove me wrong!

With the exception of needing a new QB - Josh Dudash graduates -just about everyone is back plus some pretty solid red shirts we havent seen yet. We will be at 50 scholarship players in 2008.

GannonFan
January 22nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
Excellent schedule - some pretty big games there. Good job! xthumbsupx

grizband
January 22nd, 2008, 09:19 PM
With the exception of needing a new QB - Josh Dudash graduates -just about everyone is back plus some pretty solid red shirts we havent seen yet. We will be at 50 scholarship players in 2008.
I still see them 1-3 after their first 4 games, although I remain optimistic about their progress. Please prove me otherwise.

Seawolf97
January 22nd, 2008, 09:24 PM
I still see them 1-3 after their first 4 games, although I remain optimistic about their progress. Please prove me otherwise.

Those first 5 games will be tough no arguement there. Those are some pretty good teams. I guess 1 game at time to BYE WEEK:)

TheValleyRaider
January 22nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Well, they made a wise choice scheduling Colgate in the first week like that. Otherwise, that's a pretty tough schedule for the early going. Even Maine, who hasn't had a good record the last couple of years, is a tough team for anyone to handle

BearsCountry
January 23rd, 2008, 12:06 AM
Presby not playing a full Big South schedule yet?

Seahawks Fan
January 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Very good schedule. Good luck.

andy7171
January 23rd, 2008, 07:40 AM
Official Stonybrook Schedule 2008

8/30 Colgate
9/6 Elon
9/13 at Maine
9/20 at Brown
9/27 Hofstra
10/4 BYE Week
10/11 at Liberty
11/1 Gardner-Webb
11/8 at Iona
11/15 VMI

Nice schedule! 2 CAA, an Ivy, a PL and a SoCon OOC line up! Stepping up big time! You guys are doing it the right way!

dgreco
January 23rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
good schedule and GL to the team. I wish Bryant and SB kept the game. It wasn't close but it had a chance to stay close and was a decent game.

IaaScribe
January 23rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Presby won't start playing a full conference schedule until 2009 at the earliest.

LBPop
January 23rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Nice mix. I had the opportunity twice to visit your beautiful stadium--I will miss that. (Sadly, LBKid sprained a knee on his first play there last season--I won't miss that). The place is great and the people could not be more hospitable. Good Luck.

citdog
January 23rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
VMI is a bunch of bleeding gashes. schedule stonyfreakingcreek and let the "Military Classic of the Confederacy" be put on hold while they figure out a way to keep The Citadel from scoring 70pts on them.

danefan
January 23rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
VMI is a bunch of bleeding gashes. schedule stonyfreakingcreek and let the "Military Classic of the Confederacy" be put on hold while they figure out a way to keep The Citadel from scoring 70pts on them.

Uh, VMI-Stonybrook is a league game. How did you expect them to not schedule Stonybrook?

citdog
January 23rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Uh, VMI-Stonybrook is a league game. How did you expect them to not schedule Stonybrook?

i am still thinking of a way to keep these long island guidos out of the Southern Confederacy in general and the Little South in particular.

Dane96
January 23rd, 2008, 05:16 PM
i am still thinking of a way to keep these long island guidos out of the Southern "LOSERS OF A WAR THAT HAPPENED 150+ years ago, but still believe is going on" Confederacy in general and the Little South in particular.

Fixed if for ya! :D xpeacex

If you just left it with Long Island Guidos I would have xthumbsupx

citdog
January 23rd, 2008, 05:29 PM
Fixed if for ya! :D xpeacex

If you just left it with Long Island Guidos I would have xthumbsupx

Marse Robert surrendered but THE CITDOG did not!xrulesx

stonywolf
January 23rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Obviously, you guys are sleeping on us.

We showed you last year that we were close to being a fully mature 1-AA squad.

For example, the last year before we got schollys we were 6-5 and won the NEC championship (a share of it).

Last year we were 6-5 against a MUCH more tougher schedule, and even got some quality wins, and showed how much we improved from then (55-0 defeat to hofstra) to now (31-28 loss, or whatever the score was).

So we're back this year, we only lost about 5 seniors, and we're almost fully matriculated with the big boy schedule. dont be suprised if we start 3-1 or even 4-0.

Seawolf97
January 23rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Nice mix. I had the opportunity twice to visit your beautiful stadium--I will miss that. (Sadly, LBKid sprained a knee on his first play there last season--I won't miss that). The place is great and the people could not be more hospitable. Good Luck.

Thanks! Hope the Hoyas and those big Dogs up in Albany both get a stadium someday. Im sure our paths will cross again with another home and away seriesxthumbsupx

whoanellie
January 24th, 2008, 07:27 AM

just want to make a point when you throw 70 points on a team it is considered a runitup move. you guys did it twice... not a classy move... can't say it's not uncharacteristic ..... Citadel does have class only third class. If BC can make it in the ACC. I suppose Stoney can make it in the BigSouth.

citdog
January 24th, 2008, 07:57 AM
just want to make a point when you throw 70 points on a team it is considered a runitup move. you guys did it twice... not a classy move... can't say it's not uncharacteristic ..... THE Citadel does have class only third class. If BC can make it in the ACC. I suppose Stoney can make it in the BigSouth.

YOUR'E JUST UPSET THAT OUR FRESHMAN QB HAS A BIGGER SCHMECKLE THAN YOUR FRESHMAN QB. IF ELON WANTED IN THE LITTLE SOUTH I'M SURE THEY WOULD HAVE TAKEN YOU, OR ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT PLAYING STONEYFREAKINGCREEK? WE SCORED 70 ON THE V@GINA MILITARY INSTITUTE AND IT COULD HAVE BEEN 150. THE SCOUT TEAM PLAYED MOST OF THE SECOND HALF. CAN'T WAIT TO BEAT ELON'S ASS IN CHARLESTON AGAIN SO THAT YOU AND YOUR "fans" CAN WHINE LIKE A BUNCH OF WOMEN.

downbythebeach
January 24th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Wait til you southerners see how cocky they are....you have no idea.....

A few years ago Dudash threw the game winner on us, went over to our sideline and did the 6 shooter the whole way down the sideline.xoopsx

Dane96
January 24th, 2008, 10:39 AM
No love lost here between Danes and SeaWolves..

Sly Fox
January 24th, 2008, 11:39 AM
We're looking forward to "welcoming" SB to the Big South in Lynchburg. The Wolves will learn very quickly how they stack up in the league after just one game.

Seawolf97
January 24th, 2008, 08:28 PM
We're looking forward to "welcoming" SB to the Big South in Lynchburg. The Wolves will learn very quickly how they stack up in the league after just one game.

I expect us to be fine down South and up North as wellxnodx

Syntax Error
January 24th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Presby won't start playing a full conference schedule until 2009 at the earliest.Why is that? The press release says they join the Big South in 2008.

"During its transition to Division I, Presbyterian will play a Conference schedule beginning with the 2008-09 seasons"
http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=77557

citdog
January 25th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I expect us to be fine down South and up North as wellxnodx

wait until you play Charleston Southern in Aug or Sept. you yankee scum will have no answer for the heat. See The Citadel vs Delaware in 2003. haven't seen so many guys in blue uniforms laying on the ground since the second battle of manassas!

bodoyle
January 25th, 2008, 07:51 AM
cit: you are not seriously counting on chucky south to do something in conference are you?

We sucked last year and beat then 41-2.

Since we started football we've smoked them 203-95. xeyebrowx

Stonybrook will mop up the poor excuse for a southern football team as well.

Go...gate
January 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM
wait until you play Charleston Southern in Aug or Sept. you yankee scum will have no answer for the heat. See The Citadel vs Delaware in 2003. haven't seen so many guys in blue uniforms laying on the ground since the second battle of manassas!

I still think we need to have a The Citadel - Colgate home and home. xthumbsupx