PDA

View Full Version : Penn Returns to Lehigh Schedule??

ngineer
January 22nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
In an article in today's Morning Call, it was mentioned that the local RB who is turning down a 'walk on' offer from North Carolina is going to Penn. Also noted that Penn's future schedules show that he'll be playing against both Lafayette and Lehigh. Penn has been a regular on the 'pards chart, however, the Quakers dropped their contract with us several years ago leaving some strained feelings. Any confirmation that the Red and Blue will be seeing Brown & White?

Lehigh Football Nation
January 22nd, 2008, 01:57 PM
I don't see Penn on the schedule for next year (Penn has their 10 games locked down), and nothing on Lehigh's schedules for 2009 or 2010. I'll ask around.

Marcus Garvey
January 22nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
I guess now that Lehigh looks "beatable," the Quakers are willing to play them again. xrolleyesx

Ivytalk
January 22nd, 2008, 03:31 PM
I'd watch that game...on the Lehigh side!xthumbsupx

Note to self: refrain from usual profane anti-Penn rant!

ngineer
January 22nd, 2008, 08:10 PM
I guess now that Lehigh looks "beatable," the Quakers are willing to play them again. xrolleyesx

Yes, that could be one thought. OTOH, Coen was Bagnoli's OC for 6 years and perhaps that has let to a rekindling of the series. It's a great series with both schools being so close to each other and Franklin Field being such an historic venue. Hopefully it comes to pass.

ngineer
January 22nd, 2008, 08:11 PM
I don't see Penn on the schedule for next year (Penn has their 10 games locked down), and nothing on Lehigh's schedules for 2009 or 2010. I'll ask around.

Where are Lehigh's future schedules available? They were not published in the back of the media guide this year as they usually are.

Pards Rule
January 23rd, 2008, 07:39 AM
We finally got the Penn monkey off our backs last Sept. - 8-7 win. Thanks Diego Rodriguez for that 29 yard field goal to win!