PDA

View Full Version : WCU shows new staff the money(link)

catamount man
January 20th, 2008, 03:54 PM
More money, more wins for WCU?
by Keith Jarrett
published January 20, 2008 12:15 am

ASHEVILLE — Western Carolina’s increased financial commitment to its football program could run into millions of dollars over the next five seasons — money the university is apparently willing to spend to help produce a winning team.

read more: http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880119046

Eyes of Old Main
January 20th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Glad to see that the changes have reinvigorated the Catamount boosters and that the school's administration is finally acting like it cares as much as the fans. Best of luck.

ERASU2113
January 20th, 2008, 06:22 PM
The stadium looks great with the renovations that were put there....was there in '05, and was blown away by the facilites. Atleast the glass building on one end of the field.

Hopefully you guys can turn the team around and become respectable :D xreadx

sportsnut17
January 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Really glad to see them step up to the plate and pay some money, I think you will see WCU in the SoCon hunt in the near future

catamount man
January 20th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Really glad to see them step up to the plate and pay some money, I think you will see WCU in the SoCon hunt in the near future

Certainly hope so!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

asu7
January 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
key word is hunt :)

Good luck guys ... I hope we both can be gunning for a SOCON championship in the final game of the season one day ...

DinoDex200
January 21st, 2008, 03:24 PM
key word is hunt :)

Good luck guys ... I hope we both can be gunning for a SOCON championship in the final game of the season one day ...

Yeah...too bad the idiots who draw up the SoCon schedule have us playing Chattanooga on the last game of the season!

PaladinFan
January 21st, 2008, 10:53 PM
I think WCU can make an "Elon-like" jump soon enough. It's going to get where the SoCon champ has two conference losses just about every year.

neersnbeers
January 22nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Oh man, can't wait till yall get rolling again. It will be nice to have two highly respected programs in W. North Carolina! Best of luck!

The Cats
January 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah...too bad the idiots who draw up the SoCon schedule have us playing Chattanooga on the last game of the season!

That was 2007, this year, it's back to playing for the Old Mountain Jug the last game of the season.

2008 Catamount Football Schedule

Date Opponent / Event Location / Time /

Thu., Aug. 28 vs. Shorter Cullowhee, N.C. TBA
Sat., Sep. 6 at Florida State Tallahassee, Fla. TBA
Sat., Sep. 13 vs. Liberty Cullowhee, N.C. TBA
Sat., Sep. 20 at Presbyterian Clinton, S.C. TBA
Sat., Sep. 27 at The Citadel * Charleston, S.C. TBA
Sat., Oct. 4 vs. Samford (Homecoming) * Cullowhee, N.C. TBA
Sat., Oct. 11 at Furman * Greenville, S.C. TBA
Sat., Oct. 18 at Wofford * Spartanburg, S.C. TBA
Sat., Oct. 25 vs. Georgia Southern * Cullowhee, N.C. TBA
Sat., Nov. 1 vs. Chattanooga * Cullowhee, N.C. TBA