PDA

View Full Version : UVA QB Possible Transfer

JMU-MRD-DAD
January 19th, 2008, 10:50 AM
University of Virginia starting QB Jameel Sewell on academic suspension this semester and according to the Richmond Times Dispatch his future is up in the air. I wonder if he will follow Coach London to Richmond where he could be eligible to play in the fall. Sewell is a local product from Hermitage High School.

AZGrizFan
January 19th, 2008, 10:57 AM
So, even on academic suspension he could still play?

Eyes of Old Main
January 19th, 2008, 11:29 AM
That might work some places, but I'd doubt Richmond would let that type of situation slide.

Eight Legger
January 19th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I doubt you'll see him here. We have Eric Ward for two more years, and Sewell would not displace him at QB. Doesn't really make sense for us, and if he was having academic troubles at UVA, he would be having the same troubles at UR.

Wonder if Hampton is looking for a QB? That's another good local I-AA program if he wants to stay in state.

bluehenbillk
January 19th, 2008, 12:06 PM
With a guy on academic suspension not too many admission boards would let him in.

paward
January 19th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I doubt you'll see him here. We have Eric Ward for two more years, and Sewell would not displace him at QB. Doesn't really make sense for us, and if he was having academic troubles at UVA, he would be having the same troubles at UR.

Wonder if Hampton is looking for a QB? That's another good local I-AA program if he wants to stay in state.

Nothing against VA academically but he would not have the same troubles they will double. It would not be a good move on the book end side.

Seawolf97
January 20th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I dont think he would be a good pick up for Richmond or anyone. He might just be better off sitting out a year at Virginia and try again.

BigHouseClosedEnd
January 20th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I dont think he would be a good pick up for Richmond or anyone. He might just be better off sitting out a year at Virginia and try again.

I think he should sit out TWO years ... and then go to Delaware... xlolx

D1scout
January 20th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Too much partying? Relationship with girlfriend went sour? I don't get. The kid is a QB and these types of position players almost always have the intellect to do college level work. I wonder what types of grades he got in high school or did he just coast through his classes and get breaks for his football talent. Finally, what type of support and monitoring system did the university provide for him. I always tell recruits that this is one of the most important things to consider when going to college to play on a scholarship.

Attila the Hen
January 20th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think he should sit out TWO years ... and then go to Delaware...

Good one, Big House. But just like UVa dropouts Spinner and Harris, if you can't cut it in the classroom, you can't get through UD admissions. I seem to remember after Spinner got rejected at UD, he ended up somewhere, but I just don't remember where. xchinscratchx

appfan2008
January 20th, 2008, 01:39 PM

pretty harsh on hampton wouldnt you say?

BigHouseClosedEnd
January 20th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Good one, Big House. But just like UVa dropouts Spinner and Harris, if you can't cut it in the classroom, you can't get through UD admissions. I seem to remember after Spinner got rejected at UD, he ended up somewhere, but I just don't remember where. xchinscratchx

Spinner did not fail out of UVA. He left due to coaching turnover. Check your facts!

DTSpider
January 20th, 2008, 04:03 PM
UR made Spinner sit out a year to focus on academics before allowing him to become a member of the team. Not many schools would do the same.

DTSpider
January 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I'd say that Cook is the much more interesting player from UVA. He's an All-ACC corner and probably would have been an All-American if he would have returned to UVA. I think that someone will take a chance on him.

I'd have to think that a number of these guys will end of Liberty.

Longhorn
January 20th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I'd have to think that a number of these guys will end of Liberty.

I think you're right. I could see the whole lot of them there.

JMU2004
January 20th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I think you're right. I could see the whole lot of them there.

yep...Liberty has become a UVa reject haven.

Eight Legger
January 20th, 2008, 06:20 PM
pretty harsh on hampton wouldnt you say?

If calling Hampton a good football program in Virginia is harsh, then I apologize. My point was that UR and UVA are similar academically, though UR is harder to get into. Hampton is a good school but is not in the sme category as UR or UVA.

JMU2004
January 20th, 2008, 06:41 PM
If calling Hampton a good football program in Virginia is harsh, then I apologize. My point was that UR and UVA are similar academically, though UR is harder to get into. Hampton is a good school but is not in the sme category as UR or UVA.

UR is not harder to get into than UVa, nor has it ever been. They are close, but I am confident that UVa has a higher GPA and SAT than UR.

Eight Legger
January 20th, 2008, 10:06 PM
UR is not harder to get into than UVa, nor has it ever been. They are close, but I am confident that UVa has a higher GPA and SAT than UR.

UR is absolutely harder to get into for Virginia students. For starters, there are many more available spots at UVA. UVA may be a tad harder for out-of-staters since as a public school it allocates a certain percentage of spots to in-state students. But since in-state kids aren't held to the same academic standards that out-of-staters are, I would suspect that the overall GPA and SAT scores are higher at UR.

I started at UR in 1994 and that same year, about 50 kids from my HS got into UVA with SAT scores of 1000 or 1100.

JMU2004
January 20th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I'll let statistics talk.......

UR-GPA: 3.48 SAT: 1190-1350

UVa-GPA: 4.07 SAT: 1220-1430

And I'll throw in my alma mater, to show that UR is harder to get into than JMU.

JMU- GPA: 3.69 SAT: 1050-1250

Therfore, UVa has a higher GPA and SAT than UR and is harder to get into.....

WIU02
January 20th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I love how you vaginas move every post that's the truth to the smack board. The del and mon fans are close to professional? When will you have a team that gets paid by someone other than the mountain molestors? Good luck to the degenerates and stroke off plaid mountaintenwomen. How can you afford those tickets in montana?

Eight Legger
January 20th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Those numbers must be a few years old; the new SAT is a 2400 point test, so I'm sure the scores for all three schools are a lot higher now.

WIU02
January 20th, 2008, 11:11 PM
I got a 470 on the SAT and make $2.7 Million per year. I also live in a city where we have people doing more than buying robotussin on saturday night. Real people...real football. No room for losers.

WIU02
January 20th, 2008, 11:22 PM
JMU 2004,

It's without mental midgets like yourself that we wouldn't be able to laugh at such moronic comments. How can you even begin to compare such shools? Did you get those figures out of a book? online? I think my school averaged a 6.7 gpa and a 1700 on the SAT in the books. How do we ban the slower generation, such as yourself, from making comments as unworthy as these?

th0m
January 21st, 2008, 04:17 AM
Where did this troll come from?

JMU2004
January 21st, 2008, 07:33 AM
who was that guy? xeekx

JMU2004
January 21st, 2008, 07:36 AM
Those numbers must be a few years old; the new SAT is a 2400 point test, so I'm sure the scores for all three schools are a lot higher now.

no, those are 2006 numbers I believe....they came from the Princeton Review. I just omitted the writing score as most schools use it only for placement.

Tribe4SF
January 21st, 2008, 10:08 AM
I got a 470 on the SAT and make $2.7 Million per year. I also live in a city where we have people doing more than buying robotussin on saturday night. Real people...real football. No room for losers.

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

At least the first half of that statement is believeable!xnodx

Appaholic
January 21st, 2008, 11:14 AM
JMU 2004,

It's without mental midgets like yourself that we wouldn't be able to laugh at such moronic comments. How can you even begin to compare such shools? Did you get those figures out of a book? online? I think my school averaged a 6.7 gpa and a 1700 on the SAT in the books. How do we ban the slower generation, such as yourself, from making comments as unworthy as these?

What a dork.....xcoffeex xnonono2x

bostonspider
January 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Interesting point that I noticed recently that the percentage of students from a private secondary school versus public secandary schools changes the average GPA of incoming students. It appears that private schools tend to grade harder and do not often weight the GPA's, and therefore if a school has more students from private schools in the incoming class, they tend to lower the GPA.

jmu_duke07
January 21st, 2008, 12:09 PM
Interesting point that I noticed recently that the percentage of students from a private secondary school versus public secandary schools changes the average GPA of incoming students. It appears that private schools tend to grade harder and do not often weight the GPA's, and therefore if a school has more students from private schools in the incoming class, they tend to lower the GPA.

My school is better than your school because i go there! WHO THE HELL CARES!

Hoyadestroya85
January 22nd, 2008, 04:11 AM
With a guy on academic suspension not too many admission boards would let him in.
only delaware.. but you guys already got a transfer