PDA

View Full Version : Hampton AD Responds To Critics of Taylor Departure

Lehigh Football Nation
January 18th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Not sure if this answers any questions, but Hampton AD Lonza Hardy worte this piece yesterday:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=column-on-hu-unwarranted&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more199

Dave Fairbank’s column titled “HU prez strikes again,” Jan. 1, was not only an unwarranted attack on President William R. Harvey, Hampton University and me, but it was an assault on first-rate journalism and the truth. As a journalism student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, I was taught to always attempt to get both sides of an issue before drawing a conclusion. Fairbank did not talk to any of the participants, including Harvey, Coach Joseph Taylor, Coach Jerry Holmes or me.

The original piece is archived here:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=hampton_university_president_strikes_aga_2&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Tribe4SF
January 18th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hardy takes the heat for Harvey. Some surprise.xrolleyesx The tipoff here is the more than two week delay for his response.

Menudo
January 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Or a two week delay before they printed the reply xthumbsupx

HIU 93
January 18th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Hardy takes the heat for Harvey. Some surprise.xrolleyesx The tipoff here is the more than two week delay for his response.

Why are you so concerned about Hampton's inner workings?

Tribe4SF
January 19th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Why are you so concerned about Hampton's inner workings?

Funny you never question me when I stand up for Hampton and its greatness as a university. I've lived on the Peninsula for a long time, and been a fan of HU (not just its athletic programs) just as long, having worked with many HU grads. I consider it part of our community, just as I do CNU, which I also take an interest in.

Bill Harvey is a high profile public figure, as are Gene Nichol and Paul Trible.

As to Menudos question about how long the paper may have sat on Hardy's response, I'll ask Ernie Gates the next time I see him.