PDA

View Full Version : Interesting NAU news

jwa2000
January 17th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Very long time reader (NAU alum) who has learned so much from all of you. Found the following few articles and was surprised to see that nobody else had picked up on it. Looks like NAU is finally stepping up to the plate to get all of their athletic facilities up to par, including plans on building a new multi-use basketball arena.

http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2008/01/17/news/20080117_front%20page_10.txt

In addition, it looks like the 'Jacks got a solid FBS transfer, a QB from Ole Miss, Michael Herrick. He was the all-time leading passer in California prep history and was ranked as the 56th best QB in the nation coming out of high school. He is currently a sophmore.

http://nau.newtier.com/index.php?module=pnNews&tid=18&sid=2011

Hopefully all of this will add some much needed excitement in Flagstaff surrounding NAU athletics. The new facilities should at least be a win-win for the school and the BSC.

AZGrizFan
January 17th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Very long time reader (NAU alum) who has learned so much from all of you. Found the following few articles and was surprised to see that nobody else had picked up on it. Looks like NAU is finally stepping up to the plate to get all of their athletic facilities up to par, including plans on building a new multi-use basketball arena.

http://nau.newtier.com/index.php?module=pnNews&tid=4&sid=2010

In addition, it looks like the 'Jacks got a solid FBS transfer, a QB from Ole Miss, Michael Herrick. He was the all-time leading passer in California prep history and was ranked as the 56th best QB in the nation coming out of high school. He is currently a sophmore.

http://nau.newtier.com/index.php?module=pnNews&tid=18&sid=2011

Hopefully all of this will add some much needed excitement in Flagstaff surrounding NAU athletics. The new facilities should at least be a win-win for the school and the BSC.

Welcome! We need more BSC active posters, and specifically NAU! There's a few of you die hards, but the more the merrier. Congrats on the drop-down pickup....hopefully he'll fit in and be productive!

Rob Iola
January 18th, 2008, 09:44 AM
"Interesting NAU news"? Ah hell, I can't do this, this is just too easy...

WVAPPmountaineer
January 18th, 2008, 01:11 PM
n addition, it looks like the 'Jacks got a solid FBS transfer, a QB from Ole Miss, Michael Herrick. He was the all-time leading passer in California prep history and was ranked as the 56th best QB in the nation coming out of high school. He is currently a sophmore.

I was impressed with your QB Lance Kriesien when you guys played in Boone and I was thinking he was either a freshman or sophomore ---

jwa2000
January 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Kriesien will be a senior this year. If Herrick works out, I guess he will have one year to learn the system and two years to be the starter. If he really impresses, the coaches could rotate Kriesien around the skill positions to get him touches like they did when Jason Murrieta was starting. Either way, I like the depth. Just hoping Herrick works out better than the Parade All-American, Fresno St. transfer Sean Norton did last year.

already123
January 19th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Hopefully he will be better than Norton, that was a waste. Kriesien was impressive, but still has work to do. I expect the QB position to be solid once again for the Lumberjacks.

already123
January 20th, 2008, 07:29 PM
GO JACKS!

OSRacer
January 20th, 2008, 09:52 PM
What do you NAU fans think of former OC Keeth Matheny? Saw where he just came to Murray State to take over the offense. I hope he can work some magic as we have been a terribel slump over the past 3 seasons...

WIU02
January 20th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Rob this is too easy. Another hick who can't speak about professionals. He gone!

already123
January 23rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
yea, I heard about the move thru the grapevine...should be interesting to see what the Lumberjacks do on offense this year. They have a new flavor every year. How do the Murray State fans feel about this move ? are there any out there?