PDA

View Full Version : Game U Gotta See

flexbone
January 17th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I have decided to try to go to an non-GSU or UGA game each year. To kick it off next year I'm going to "The Game" @ Harvard. Hopefully, I will be able to continue this little plan for several years. On my wish list so far I have Army/Navy, a game @ Notre Dame and "The Big House" in Ann Arbor, a game @ Montana.My question is - What Game do you Gotta See?

PaladinFan
January 17th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I think there might be a good FCS game brewing this fall in Greenville when Furman entertains Deleware.

Other than that, I've always wanted to go to the Iron Bowl with Auburn and Alabama.

89Hen
January 17th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Let's try to limit this to a I-AA game. xthumbsupx

Appinator
January 17th, 2008, 09:57 AM
My number one wish is that App plays Tennessee some time soon. I grew up in a Vol household, and I would love to go into Neyland Stadium and lay down the law. There would be TONS of App people there, making the trip from less than 3 hours away.

bodoyle
January 17th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I went to a Notre Dame/Michigan game a few years ago. Always wanted to see that. Next on the list is Notre Dame/USC. Would love to see a game at Autzen Stadium in Oregon as well.

For FCS games, I want to see a Montana game out there. My brother went when his school was in the playoffs against them and said the place is awesome.

bodoyle
January 17th, 2008, 10:35 AM
My number one wish is that App plays Tennessee some time soon. I grew up in a Vol household, and I would love to go into Neyland Stadium and lay down the law. There would be TONS of App people there, making the trip from less than 3 hours away.

That would be the 1 time I would cheer for App. God I hate UT.

grizband
January 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I have decided to try to go to an non-GSU or UGA game each year. To kick it off next year I'm going to "The Game" @ Harvard. Hopefully, I will be able to continue this little plan for several years. On my wish list so far I have Army/Navy, a game @ Notre Dame and "The Big House" in Ann Arbor, a game @ Montana.My question is - What Game do you Gotta See?
You definitely need to attend Cat/Griz in Missoula; it will be here in Missoula in 2008, and next in 2010. I guarantee you would have a good time, and would not regret your decision!

813Jag
January 17th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Everybody needs to come to New Orleans for the Bayou Classic. If nothing else the parties are great. xlolx Anybody that makes the trip can look me up, Burbon Street is wide open. xlolx

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 17th, 2008, 10:56 AM
You definitely need to attend Cat/Griz in Missoula; it will be here in Missoula in 2008, and next in 2010. I guarantee you would have a good time, and would not regret your decision!

Everybody needs to come to New Orleans for the Bayou Classic. If nothing else the parties are great. xlolx Anybody that makes the trip can look me up, Burbon Street is wide open. xlolx

Both these would be on my list along with Harvard/Yale and GSU/App St

LacesOut
January 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Montana vs. Anybody.

Would love to see a game in that stadium and with that crowd.

813Jag
January 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
As an added bonus, if your team misses the playoffs, you can head down to New Orleans and party a crappy season away. xlolx

asu7
January 17th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I just cannot see myself going to any football games other than APP vs. whoever unless APP has a bye that weekend ...

I would love to see the IRON BOWL and a game WaGriz stadium (simply for the hospitality cause it sounds like you all are some of the nicest people around)

Would love to watch the Super Bowl in person and not on tv!

So if there is a bye ... I may get to see a game other than APP ...

But I cannot unless there is a bye ...

When our schedule is released maybe I will see what I can do!

Homegrown Hillbilly
January 17th, 2008, 10:59 AM
ASU vs. the Griz.

Aside from the fact that it would be a slammin' game, I am always looking for an excuse to go to Montana. And, I think Griz fans would really enjoy Boone if we played out here.

Ivytalk
January 17th, 2008, 11:07 AM
GSU-App for me. Gotta see what this SoCon schatt is all about!xnodx

Got tix??:D

slostang
January 17th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Montana vs. Anybody.

Would love to see a game in that stadium and with that crowd.

Been there three times to see Cal Poly play. Awesome stadium and great tailgating.

I would like to see the App. State/JMU game this year.

AppGrad06
January 17th, 2008, 12:27 PM

I'm with you I'm in grad school at UT and I would love to be down in the see student section wearing my App gear. Also scheduled I'm I am psyched about are App at Georgia in 09 and Florida in 2010

AppGrad06
January 17th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Also I would to finally see App face Montana, I though it was gonna happen in the playoffs the past 2 years but oh well.

AshevilleApp2
January 17th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Also I would to finally see App face Montana, I though it was gonna happen in the playoffs the past 2 years but oh well.

I'd like to see App/Montana in a home and home. But please, no more overtime losses. 2000 was a heartbreaker.xsmhx

BloomHusky'01
January 17th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Anyone who loves going to college football games has to make a trip to West Point.

asu7
January 17th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I see a Citdog message coming soon :)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 17th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Anyone who loves going to college football games has to make a trip to West Point.

That's what I've heard too and it's on my "to do" list for Sept. 6th, 2008!

I doubt I'd ever give up a Wildcat game to do any of these (maybe a few years from now ;) :p ), but I would like to see:

Lehigh-Lafayette
Harvard-Yale
Montana State @ Montana
Pick a rival@McNeese
One of the Classics

I think the only FBS game that I really would put in the Gotta See category is Army-Navy.

citdog
January 17th, 2008, 01:37 PM

WHERE?

NEVER HEARD OF IT

griz8791
January 17th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I see a Citdog message coming soon :)

Check.

Eaglesrus
January 17th, 2008, 08:41 PM
GSU-App for me. Gotta see what this SoCon schatt is all about!xnodx

Got tix??:D

If you can get here I think I can get you some.:)

ERASU2113
January 17th, 2008, 09:33 PM

USC/UCLA? USC/Notre Dame? Clemson/South Carolina? Maybe the Red River Shootout? I assume the game in the Big House would be Ohio State/Michigan?

Can't forget ASU/Furman :D...if you're not going to count a GSU game of course xthumbsupx xpeacex

ERASU2113
January 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM
If you can get here I think I can get you some.:)

I've always wanted to see a game in Statesboro. Especially after I started at ASU. I know I'm making the trip to see the ASU/GSU game next year. How I get tickets....who knows? :D

proasu89
January 17th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I've always wanted to see a game in Statesboro. Especially after I started at ASU. I know I'm making the trip to see the ASU/GSU game next year. How I get tickets....who knows? :D

Press Pass?

ERASU2113
January 17th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Press Pass?

I may move to work online in the fall. I graduate next December and want to get more work with online. I've been writing sports for The App since the spring of 2005...from intern all the way to desk editor....wouldn't mind trying something new for once.

I wanted to go in '06 for the OT game there, but I didn't have the travel money + paper didn't have the budget. We don't get alloted much.

Still it's up in the air about where I'll be working for the paper, if I'm still on the sports desk.....I'll be pushing HARD to go there.

If not, I wouldn't mind being a fan for once haha.

patssle
January 17th, 2008, 10:39 PM
NDSU vs anybody

Fargodome atmosphere inside and outside is incredible. I'd love to go to Fargo again.

I've been to a Texas A&M game which is ranked in the top 10 for gameday atmosphere...NDSU is just as good despite 1/4 the crowd size.

terrierbob
January 18th, 2008, 08:00 AM
So. Cal. / Note Dame (When ND's good)
Clemson/S.Car.
ND State/ASU
ASU/UGA
GSU/Boston College
Wofford/Navy

AshevilleApp2
January 18th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Michigan/Ohio State-Big House
Michigan/Notre Dame-South Bend

AppStsGr8
January 18th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I'd love to see a game at Montana though it would have to be on an App bye week. I just love those days at Kidd Brewer! I'm also hoping to make the JMU game this fall and hoping my Michigan roadtrip friends can join me. Other than that .... let's see .... there are no bad football games; it's just that some are better than others.

Eaglesrus
January 18th, 2008, 12:39 PM

Amongst our tailgating group there's almost always someone who can't make any given game, so if you remember when it's closer to game time feel free to check with me. We'd be happy to have you come to the tailgate as well.

Big Dawg
January 18th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Well all the FAMU games, but there are some that just stick out.

FAMU at Southern(1st time playing to Baton Rouge since 2000)
FAMU vs Tennessee St.(Atlanta Classic)
FAMU vs BCU(Florida Classic)

Eaglesrus
January 18th, 2008, 12:44 PM
So. Cal. / Note Dame (When ND's good)
Clemson/S.Car.
ND State/ASU
ASU/UGA
GSU/Boston College
Wofford/Navy

We're playing Boston College? how did I not know that?

neersnbeers
January 18th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Would love to make it out to Montana. Great excuse for getting to do some awesome "fly tossing".

GAD
January 18th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Southern vs. Jackson is great too! an really great in Jacktown

JMUDuke2002
January 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM
You have to see a game at Beaver Stadium. Having attended both PSU and UT-K, PSU has a better environment than Knoxville if that is possible. Go see them play Michigan or Ohio State. If not one of those, pick a night game with White Out.

LehighFan11
January 18th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Lehigh/Laf...nothing beats it ..most played
FBS games:
Mich/OSU
Miami/FSU
Really any SEC game

uofmman1122
January 20th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I'd love to see a game at Kidd Brewer, but unless someone "finds me" an all expenses paid trip out, I won't be able to make it anytime soon. xlolx

Oh, and everyone should come out and see Montana State @ Montana. You'll immediately drop your loyalty to your school and start cheering for one of them. xthumbsupx

Nah, seriously, it's the best atmosphere in college football. If you see the game with Cat fans, you'll hate the Griz (maybe more than you already do now xlolx), but if you come see it with Griz fans....well, with me at least xthumbsupx, you'll hate the Cats from that day forward. (A totally friendly sort of hate. xlolx)

Big Dawg
January 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot

Florida vs Florida State