PDA

View Full Version : ODU will play W&M in '09 and '10!

Tribe4SF
January 17th, 2008, 06:01 AM
The Daily Press reports that the Monarchs will travel to W&M the week after the programs first game against Chowan in '09, with the Tribe traveling to Norfolk in '10. An early start to what promises to become a great rivalry!xthumbsupx

andy7171
January 17th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I would assume they will start to play several CAA teams, right? When are they officially considered part of the football conference? 2010 or 2011?

I'm betting Towson gets booted to the North Division until a ultimate shake up of FCS conferences in the Northeast/East occurs.

henfan
January 17th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I would assume they will start to play several CAA teams, right? When are they officially considered part of the football conference? 2010 or 2011?

I'm betting Towson gets booted to the North Division until a ultimate shake up of FCS conferences in the Northeast/East occurs.

ODU officially begins CAA play in '11. Highly unlikely that TU would move to the North. (Why do you think they would do that?) The Tigers would stay with Delaware in a 7 team South Division, unless a team drops out of the CAA or is added between now and '11.

Tribe4SF
January 17th, 2008, 08:06 AM
If anyone were to move to the North, it would probably be Villanova.

FCS Preview
January 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM
If anyone were to move to the North, it would probably be Villanova.

I can't imagine them not being in the same division as Delaware.

Towson would be the most likely candidate to move up, but why would you want a 7-team North and 6-team South, versus a 6-team North and 7-team South? Just add ODU to the South and forget about it...

GannonFan
January 17th, 2008, 09:30 AM
No one's going to move to the North just for one team - like the other poster said, one division will have an odd number anyway you cut it so why does it matter which division is not even?

Good to see ODU playing W&M early - gives them a chance to measure up against the CAA and it's the most natural rivalry for them to start with, given the proximity.

andy7171
January 17th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I was saying Towson would move to the North to avoid breaking up Delaware and Villanova.

89Hen
January 17th, 2008, 09:55 AM
See, and I got berated for saying ODU would have CAA opponents right out of the gate. :D

Lehigh Football Nation
January 17th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Of course, Richmond and Villanova could be kicked out for ODU and Georgia State in 2011, forcing them into the arms of the Patriot League... xnodx

Tribe4SF
January 17th, 2008, 11:58 AM
See, and I got berated for saying ODU would have CAA opponents right out of the gate. :D

Quit whining! Everybody needs a good berating every once in a while!xsmiley_wix

DFW HOYA
January 17th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Of course, Richmond and Villanova could be kicked out for ODU and Georgia State in 2011, forcing them into the arms of the Patriot League... xnodx

Still unlikely, and it's very rare for a league member to be forcibly dropped from a conference. Marshall was dropped from the MAC in the late 1960's, and Temple's exit from Big East football was not of their choosing, but I can't think of many others.