January 15th, 2008, 04:17 PM
In one hour. xconfusedx

citdog
January 15th, 2008, 04:19 PM
In one hour. xconfusedx

WOFFORD

Ronbo
January 15th, 2008, 04:23 PM
A recent study by the City Planner stated that Missoula will add 20,000 new households in the next 20 years. We are at 70,000 now. At this rate we'll be the only FCS football school in 2028 with a full 42,000 seat stadium. LOLxlolx

DuckDuckGriz
January 15th, 2008, 04:23 PM
WOFFORD

APPOMATTOX

Ronbo, they should have just done the whole east side obviously it would not have been a probem.

citdog
January 15th, 2008, 04:25 PM
APPOMATTOX

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx REP PTS!

th0m
January 15th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I'm sure this has been asked quite frequently, but WHY only expand by 2k when you guys can clearly support a much larger expansion, and I'm sure it would cost less per seat for a larger expansion as well.

Ronbo
January 15th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Because they were going to help pay for the expansion with a student fee increase. A 4000 seat expansion was going to cost the students $17 a semester and the students voted it down. So the University scaled back the expansion.

ERASU2113
January 15th, 2008, 08:37 PM
In one hour. xconfusedx

Good Lord.

If ASU did that, the tickets may sell fast however.......
the additions most likely would not be done in time xwhistlex xpeacex
FYI: Construction in Boone is pathetic.

How hard is a ticket to get in Missoula?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Good Lord.

If ASU did that, the tickets may sell fast however.......
the additions most likely would not be done in time xwhistlex xpeacex
FYI: Construction in Boone is pathetic.

How hard is a ticket to get in Missoula?

If you're not a season ticket holder then you have to sweat it out a bit. A friend moved back from California last year and waited about 6-7 months to see if she could get season tickets (2). She had to join one of the booster club deals associated with where she wanted to be seated and so forth. All told, I think she paid around $800 for a set of season tickets.

Saint3333
January 15th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Ronbo, do you have the info of how much Griz fans have to pay to the scholarship fund to sit in each section of Griz Stadium?

SeattleGriz
January 15th, 2008, 09:16 PM
My brother pays around 1K for his season tickets. He got the best of me this year, as I paid him $600 and only got to see two games (S Utah and Wofford). But with seats like this, its worth the gamble.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q76/wastjer/P1010444WEB.jpg

And yes, that is taken from my seat. Only 4 rows of seats to the field. Long story on how he got them, but needless to say it was because of someone I knew. He has had them for almost 10 years now.

ERASU2113
January 15th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I don't know why but I keep forgeting you guys are right on top of the action. I'd love to see a game there. Whether it's against ASU or anyone.

SeattleGriz
January 15th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I don't know why but I keep forgeting you guys are right on top of the action. I'd love to see a game there. Whether it's against ASU or anyone.

Wofford was especially great, because that particular photo is in the second row. I could lean over the people in front of me and see what the coaches were drawing on the board.

grayghost06
January 15th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Because they were going to help pay for the expansion with a student fee increase. A 4000 seat expansion was going to cost the students $17 a semester and the students voted it down. So the University scaled back the expansion.
...Are you really serious?? I'm for any FCS school expanding their stadiums when there is obviously demand. Our students at JMU have got to pony up $132 a semester...Did your students really make a big deal out of a 17 dollar fee. Even when I was a struggling college student, I wouldn't have even noticed a 17 dollar fee....that's just plain silly. Montana football is a very important part of the university experience...I do agree that I thought a larger expansion would have been in order, but yours does look nice.

igo4uni
January 15th, 2008, 11:25 PM
impressive.

Eyes of Old Main
January 15th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Build it and they will come. QUICKLY!!!

Green26
January 16th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I believe all of these seats cost $1500 and $1,000 per year, and include access to the new stadium club and alcohol. Thus, they are not just regular seats. All or most of the seats required additional donations, but I don't know this for sure nor the amounts. I assume another Griz fan will step up and provide the details.

The below link is to the athletic department website for the new seating. Note the categories/links on the left side of the main page.

http://www.umt.edu/athletics/wgs_index.htm

terrierbob
January 16th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Beautiful stadium and setting. How much closer to the field are fans compared to most other stadiums?

Green26
January 16th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I believe the stands are about 8 yards (or slightly less) from the sideline. As you can see in the photos, the first row of seats is above the heads of the players, so are useable and good seats. The stands in the endzones are similar, in that the first row is high (a bit above the cross bar is my recollection) and the stands start a handful or so of yards behind the goalposts.

I assume the proximity of the fans to the field, as well as the design, are the causes of the loudness of the stadium. The stadium is built into the ground. The field and probably the bulk (or close thereto) of the original seating are below ground level. The last expansion put in more higher seating in the (famous) north endzone and the corners of that endzone.

montanafan
January 16th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I believe all of these seats cost $1500 and $1,000 per year, and include access to the new stadium club and alcohol. Thus, they are not just regular seats. All or most of the seats required additional donations, but I don't know this for sure nor the amounts. I assume another Griz fan will step up and provide the details.

The below link is to the athletic department website for the new seating. Note the categories/links on the left side of the main page.

http://www.umt.edu/athletics/wgs_index.htm

Depending on where your seat is located requires a GSA (Grizzly Scholarship Association) donation. These are as follows Gold $407 per seat plus per game seat price each (from 45 to 45 yard line). Silver $250 per seat plus per game seat price each (from 45 to 35 yard line). Copper $112.50 per seat plus per game seat price (from 35 to 25 yard line). North End Zone is in a land all of its own so I do not know that yet.

lillycafe
January 16th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Ronbo, do you have the info of how much Griz fans have to pay to the scholarship fund to sit in each section of Griz Stadium?

It appears, by their website, that Montana season ticket holders give to the MGSA and then pay for the rights to seats in certain sections. Their levels of membership are as follows:

Scholarship ($2500+)
Captains ($1500+)
Director's ($1000+)
Coaches ($500+)
Players ($100+)
Friends ($50+)

If you elect to be a Priority Seat Member as opposed to just a Club Member, if I interpret the information correctly, you have to give the following on top of the level of membership:

Gold $407/seat in sections E123 or W106
Silver $250/seat in sections E122 & 124 or W105 &107
copper $112.50/seat in sections E125 or W104 & 108

These additionals do not include the ticket(s) or parking, according to their website.

AZGrizFan
January 16th, 2008, 10:44 AM
My brother pays around 1K for his season tickets. He got the best of me this year, as I paid him $600 and only got to see two games (S Utah and Wofford). But with seats like this, its worth the gamble.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q76/wastjer/P1010444WEB.jpg

And yes, that is taken from my seat. Only 4 rows of seats to the field. Long story on how he got them, but needless to say it was because of someone I knew. He has had them for almost 10 years now.

Note to self: Stay on SeattleGriz's good side in the event I need tickets.... xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

I see 11 empty seats there? What gives, Griz Fans?

MplsBison
January 16th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Wow, that's a ton of dough.

You have to REALLY love watching the Griz in person, because you sure as heck know they aren't going to bring in any quality OOC teams.

AZGrizFan
January 16th, 2008, 12:11 PM

You have to REALLY love watching the Griz in person, because you sure as heck know they aren't going to bring in any quality OOC teams.

Wow. I wish I had an over/under set for when you'd show up again, spouting your drivel. This is a DISCUSSION thread. You wanna SMACK the Griz, go start your own damned thread. xnonono2x

LacesOut
January 16th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Dayyyuum.

Nice.

Impressive.

But I'm not really all that surprised. Amazingly loyal fan base out there.

grizband
January 16th, 2008, 01:00 PM

Not all season tickets require membership in the GSA - I simply pay the per game fee for my tickets.

lizrdgizrd
January 16th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Note to self: Stay on SeattleGriz's good side in the event I need tickets.... xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

I see 11 empty seats there? What gives, Griz Fans?
Someone's gotta buy the nachos and beer! xnodx

NE MT GRIZZ
January 16th, 2008, 01:30 PM

Poly, Davis, S. Utah, and Cent. Washington
VS.
Austin Peay, and Central Connecticut.

You guys really outdid yourself there.

AZGrizFan
January 16th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Poly, Davis, S. Utah, and Cent. Washington
VS.
Austin Peay, and Centra Connecticut.

You guys really outdid yourself there.

I was gonna say that, but it just seemed too easy. xlolx xlolx xlolx

(except Poly is away.....) xsmiley_wix

Grizalltheway
January 16th, 2008, 01:43 PM
...Are you really serious?? I'm for any FCS school expanding their stadiums when there is obviously demand. Our students at JMU have got to pony up $132 a semester...Did your students really make a big deal out of a 17 dollar fee. Even when I was a struggling college student, I wouldn't have even noticed a 17 dollar fee....that's just plain silly. Montana football is a very important part of the university experience...I do agree that I thought a larger expansion would have been in order, but yours does look nice.

Too many hippies who are against anything athletic related. xrulesx

citdog
January 16th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Too many hippies who are against anything athletic related. xrulesx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

alltheway is a hippie!

and hippies suck

Grizalltheway
January 16th, 2008, 02:36 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

alltheway is a hippie!

and hippies suck

moderate liberal, not a hippie. xcoffeex

DuckDuckGriz
January 16th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Whoever was saying that UM students should pony out the $17 is right.

Oregon's new basketball arena will increase student "incidental fees" by as much as 30%. this is probably a minimum of $50 to $75 for each student. I won't have to pay this becuase I'll be long gone by then but $17 is absolutely nothing to complain about. Damn hippie girls that think a PETA convention is better than sports xoopsx xoopsx :(

montanafan
January 16th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Whoever was saying that UM students should pony out the $17 is right.

Oregon's new basketball arena will increase student "incidental fees" by as much as 30%. this is probably a minimum of $50 to $75 for each student. I won't have to pay this becuase I'll be long gone by then but $17 is absolutely nothing to complain about. Damn hippie girls that think a PETA convention is better than sports xoopsx xoopsx :(

Unfortunately it is a little more complicated than just adding $17 to the students bill. Yes, the student union did vote it down but if the Board of Regents (the people who make the final call on all of the funding projects for the U of M) said let's do it then it would have been done. Yes, part of the blaim is the students but most of the blame is the Board of Regents. My wife works in the Office of Planning, Budgets and Analysis at the U of M and I got the skinny on this a long time ago and the offical limit on size was determined by the Board of Regents not the students. I was forced to keep quite on this for fear of my wife getting in trouble. Sorry guys I have to protect her job so I kept it quite.

uofmman1122
January 16th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I remember taking that vote. And I think I voted "no" to everything except the athletic fee.

If I remember correctly, it didn't say anything about the stadium expansion on the ballot, just "Do you support a $17 athletic fee increase?" Most people see this, and the huge athletic department that we have (also, it being a very liberal student body), and think that we don't need any more being spent. Call them hippies if you want. xlolx

I could be mistaken though, and it did mention the expansion, in which case there's no excuse...the students should have voted for it.

GRZZ
January 17th, 2008, 02:09 AM

To clarify, it was a $17/semester increase that would have brought the two semester (year) total to $166. Just to clarify. Still not huge, but higher than $17. If it sold out so fast, they shouldn't have felt the need to tie the number to the student increase. The increase also got the students more tickets to each game and they took a smaller increase in new tickets with the smaller increase in fees.

APPride
January 17th, 2008, 07:11 AM
To clarify, it was a $17/semester increase that would have brought the two semester (year) total to $166. Just to clarify. Still not huge, but higher than $17. If it sold out so fast, they shouldn't have felt the need to tie the number to the student increase. The increase also got the students more tickets to each game and they took a smaller increase in new tickets with the smaller increase in fees.

just to clarify, (since were talking seating capacity, etc.), Wofford did not play in "front of 82,000" at NC State, as your signature quote from Coach Ayers says...States stadium barely seats 60,000.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/boxscores/2007/09/15/36177_boxscore.html

attendance was a half hearted 56,000. I would expect your crowd to be much more vocal with so much more on the line...States crowd has been pretty beaten down the last few years. :(

that said, Griz stadium looks pretty cool!

GRZZ
January 17th, 2008, 04:12 PM
just to clarify, (since were talking seating capacity, etc.), Wofford did not play in "front of 82,000" at NC State, as your signature quote from Coach Ayers says...States stadium barely seats 60,000.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/boxscores/2007/09/15/36177_boxscore.html

attendance was a half hearted 56,000. I would expect your crowd to be much more vocal with so much more on the line...States crowd has been pretty beaten down the last few years. :(

that said, Griz stadium looks pretty cool!

Its his quote. I just put it up because it was neat. I am not going to change it, they are his words.