PDA

View Full Version : Who'd you like to see...

AshevilleApp2
January 14th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Other than your team or those in your conference, what team would you like to see break through and win the National Championship for the first time? (Hopefully in a couple of yearsxthumbsupx )

I'd pick Northern Iowa. They've had a strong program for years, I think five trips to the semis and one to the NC. And the fans I met in 2005 showed knowledge and class.

Gil Dobie
January 14th, 2008, 08:14 AM
San Diego

ButlerGSU
January 14th, 2008, 08:18 AM
da Citadel xsmiley_wix

(Yes, I broke the rules)

AshevilleApp2
January 14th, 2008, 08:20 AM
da Citadel xsmiley_wix

(Yes, I broke the rules)

That's what rules are for!

AppHokie
January 14th, 2008, 08:27 AM
JMU...with at least one regular season early home loss

thirdgendin
January 14th, 2008, 08:47 AM
JMU...with at least one regular season early home loss

They already have a national title.

I'd like to see William & Mary win one.

MR. CHICKEN
January 14th, 2008, 09:12 AM
WEBER STATE

Thunderstruck84
January 14th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Cal Poly, their coach and their fans (almost all of them ;) ) have been classy since I've known them and they're a fun team to watch.

D1scout
January 14th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Western Illinois. They don't have the facilities most other top programs have but the coaching staff seems to get alot out of the talent they recruit. I also think Don Patterson is one of the most sincere and honest gentlemen I met in the recruiting process. He really appears to care about his players from what the players have told me.:)

mcveyrl
January 14th, 2008, 09:36 AM
They already have a national title.

I'd like to see William & Mary win one.

Hey, we'll take another...xsmiley_wix

If I were going to break the rules, I'd totally agree with you about W&M.

But, in keeping with the rules, I'd probably have to say Wofford (I don't think they have one, do they???)

nwFL Griz
January 14th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Oh, definitely Appalachian St.....oh my bad....:D

I'd actually like to see Hofstra win one, I've always thought they had a solid program.

lizrdgizrd
January 14th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Davidson. My grandfather went there. :D

ChickenMan
January 14th, 2008, 10:22 AM
The Citadel

FightinBlue
January 14th, 2008, 10:28 AM
make that 2. The Citadel !!

already123
January 14th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Besides NAU...I'd throw a vote out there for NDSU

Wildcat&Chant
January 14th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I would love to see UNH at CCU for selfish reasons. I attend most UNH home games and have a son going to CCU. That would make for a great reason to go south for a visit.

th0m
January 14th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Well I'd want to see JMU or a CAA team win the NC, but as far as OOC goes UNI, McNeese State and SIU are some of my choices.

terrierbob
January 14th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Colgate

ASU83
January 14th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Elon Phoenix, rising from the ashes!

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
January 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Cal Poly...or any other team from a conference without an auto bid

Husky Alum
January 14th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Harvard, Yale, Penn, Dartmouth, Cornell, Columbia, Brown, Penn, Princeton

That would mean the oceans would rise as he-ll would have finally frozen over!

Seriously - NDSU or W&M - I've come to appreciate both programs in my visits to their schools when NU has played them.

Tribe4SF
January 14th, 2008, 11:56 AM
The Hampton Pirates!

eaglesrthe1
January 14th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Sav. St.

B&G
January 14th, 2008, 12:00 PM
SC State... my girlfriend's school. Although maybe not since she's a habitual trash talker.

Tribe4SF
January 14th, 2008, 12:02 PM

Seriously - NDSU or W&M - I've come to appreciate both programs in my visits to their schools when NU has played them.

I feel the same way about Northeastern.

Wouldn't it be great to expose the country to home field advantage at Parsons in a national semi-final game?xthumbsupx

Husky Alum
January 14th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I feel the same way about Northeastern.

Wouldn't it be great to expose the country to home field advantage at Parsons in a national semi-final game?xthumbsupx

Yeah, that would be funny - we wouldn't be able to play Friday night because of the neighbors - we'd play a Saturday afternoon and it would be quite a treat.

Exposing the world to Parsons Field could do more to popularize all of the negative stereotypes about FCS Football, however.

I think if we ever got to that stage and we wanted to host a game, the NCAA might persuade us not to!

fjblair
January 14th, 2008, 12:12 PM
The Citadel xthumbsupx

DFW HOYA
January 14th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Columbia, perhaps, but Harvard or Yale could be legitimate playoff contenders should it choose to do so; and don't forget, reducing its loan thresholds makes these schools even more attractive for top recruits at that GPA/SAT level.

Yeah, that would be funny - we wouldn't be able to play Friday night because of the neighbors - we'd play a Saturday afternoon and it would be quite a treat.
Exposing the world to Parsons Field could do more to popularize all of the negative stereotypes about FCS Football, however. I think if we ever got to that stage and we wanted to host a game, the NCAA might persuade us not to!

So, when it's Georgetown vs. Northeastern in the semifinal, where would they play?

Husky Alum
January 14th, 2008, 12:34 PM
So, when it's Georgetown vs. Northeastern in the semifinal, where would they play?

Do what they do in High Schools up here (since we both play at what many refer to as "high school" fields) and split the difference -

Northeastern vs. Georgetown @ The Tub!

I'm sure Delaware will announce the attendance at 15K regardless!

mcveyrl
January 14th, 2008, 12:36 PM
The Hampton Pirates!

Another excellent choice!

buckp
January 14th, 2008, 12:53 PM
UNI....thought 2007 was going to be their year. Would love to party with some of the Panther fans in 'Nooga after a win! xbowx

GreatAppSt
January 14th, 2008, 01:08 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/avatars/McNeese_St.gifxbowx

TheBisonator
January 14th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I've always had a soft spot for the following three schools:

Eastern Illinois
Tennessee-Martin
Tennessee Tech

I'd like to see any of the three win it all, but if I had to choose one, I would say Tennessee-Martin.

DLS
January 14th, 2008, 03:24 PM
UNCC FORTY NINERS

can not wait for them to play appstate.

FargoBison
January 14th, 2008, 03:26 PM
In no order...Northeastern, UCD, Cal Poly, or SHSU

asu7
January 14th, 2008, 03:52 PM
UNI ... NDSU ... and YSU I love penguins lol

Would not mind EWU either ...

In conference would be WCU and THE CITADEL

Grizo406
January 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I'd like to see The Citadel get one.

I'd be more than happy to see GSU, or Delaware hang another one!

uni88
January 14th, 2008, 06:03 PM
If I can't pick UNI or a Gateway team I have to go with McNeese State.

After that I would probably take EWU - it seems like UNI plays them in the first round every so often and I'll give them the nod as long as the road doesn't start in Cedar Falls.

Seawolf97
January 14th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Youngstown State or our local rival Hofstra. That would be great for D-1 football on Long Island!

JohnStOnge
January 14th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Youngstown State or our local rival Hofstra. That would be great for D-1 football on Long Island!

DUDE! Youngstown State has won FOUR national championships.

I'd take UNI as they're up there with McNeese in terms of frustration quota.

FYI, McNeese is, to my knowledge, the only program to reach the national championship game at least twice without winning one.

Saint3333
January 14th, 2008, 09:35 PM
DUDE! Youngstown State has won FOUR national championships.

I'd take UNI as they're up there with McNeese in terms of frustration quota.

FYI, McNeese is, to my knowledge, the only program to reach the national championship game at least twice without winning one.

That is true. However I'd have to give the "Best program to never win it all" award to UNI, slightly over McNeese.

UNI: 16-13 record with 6 semifinal appearances and 1 runner up
vs.
McNeese: 11-12 record with 3 semifinal appearances and 2 runner ups

I'd vote these programs way ahead of all others.

Mountain Panther
January 14th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Portland State

stevdock
January 14th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I would vote for Cal Poly, they have played us tougher than anyone else for years. Also NAU since I got my Master's through them. And they actually won a playoff game while I was with them.

HaveFunKc
January 14th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Passin' the feel good around... The Dolphins of Jacksonville University! xthumbsupx

appmountaineer
January 14th, 2008, 11:20 PM
ND State, becuase they are finally eligible

slostang
January 14th, 2008, 11:40 PM
NDSU and SDSU. Both great programs with fantastic fans (and former members of the GWFC).

From the west I would like to see Eastern Washington, from the midwest - Western Ill., from the south - McNeese State and from the east - W&M.

da_Bison
January 14th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Cal Poly , UCD, SHSU

89Hen
January 15th, 2008, 08:31 AM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/gu/graphics/gu-06-m-footbl-02.jpg

furman94
January 15th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I know I'm breaking the rules, but FU's National Championship Trophy from 1988 is getting pretty dusty here in Greenville. The Paladin Nation would love for us to have another one!

AppChicago
January 15th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Eastern Washington.

Also SIU. I know they won one in '83, but they're a strong team and a lot of my friends went there.

ERASU2113
January 15th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Other than your team or those in your conference, what team would you like to see break through and win the National Championship for the first time? (Hopefully in a couple of yearsxthumbsupx )

I'd pick Northern Iowa. They've had a strong program for years, I think five trips to the semis and one to the NC. And the fans I met in 2005 showed knowledge and class.

UNI first
JMU second

Thundar
January 15th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Cal Poly all the way, been a great team and conference mate!!!

appstate38
January 15th, 2008, 06:07 PM
In no particular order.... Richmond Spiders, Northern Iowa and Eastern Washington. All tough teams that play hard....

Cobblestone
January 15th, 2008, 06:35 PM

Since I can't pick a CAA team I'll go with a Patriot League team. In which case I think Fordham would have the best chance. As long as Masella stays that is.

McTailGator
January 15th, 2008, 09:36 PM
:pumpuke:
San Diego

AppStWill
January 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM
FAMU....I'd love to see the post game performance by the band.

SeattleGriz
January 15th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Eastern Washington.

They seem to have the goods every four or five years, just not the experience.