PDA

View Full Version : UNH still needs one more team

santosballnewhampshire
January 13th, 2008, 11:40 AM
with the wildcats schedule pretty much set there is still one team missing from the out of conference part of the schedule.

so far....
Army
Dartmouth
?????

any ideas of who that could be?.... albany duked out last minute
word is the team does not want to travel very far but they would like it to be a decent fcs school

dbackjon
January 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM
They can travel to NAU...

UNHFan99
January 13th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I would think UNH would look for a home game.

UNHWildCats
January 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM
theres plenty of NEC teams they can look at for a game. Iona and Marist as well... Outside of that they may have a hard time getting someone to come to Durham.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 13th, 2008, 01:05 PM
what about the Patriot

UNHWildCats
January 13th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Bucknell has 3 or 4 openings depending on if they go 11 or 12 games.

Fordham is either full or 1 opening.

Georgetown 2 or 3

Holy cross is done or 1

Lafayette and Lehigh also done or 1

slostang
January 13th, 2008, 01:34 PM
UNH traveled out to California in 2005 to play UC Davis. How about a home and home with Cal Poly. I think that they need both a home and a away game next season. Out in New Hampshire in 2008 and back in California in 2009. What do you think?

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 13th, 2008, 01:36 PM
UNH traveled out to California in 2005 to play UC Davis. How about a home and home with Cal Poly. I think that they need both a home and a away game next season. Out in New Hampshire in 2008 and back in California in 2009. What do you think?

That I would love.

UNHWildCats
January 13th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I would love to see some home and homes with top teams, and that would work great having them in Durham in 08 then in cal in 09 cause we travel to Dartmouth in 08 and have them at home in 09 so it keeps a close balance with home and away games for the seasons.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 13th, 2008, 01:41 PM
UNH does have a number of kids on the roster from So. Cal.

Dodgerdog
January 13th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Where did you hear that Albany is out of the mix?

WildCat In The Hat
January 13th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I say we take on the MAC-but my guess is none of them would really want to play any of the top tier FCS teams. Too much to lose. But I'd love to see a game.

WrenFGun
January 13th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Boy, was this Albany's doing or a mutual thing? That's pretty annoying.

Dane96
January 13th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Hmmmm...as far as I heard that game with Albany is still on. Let me check.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 13th, 2008, 04:18 PM
what about the Patriot

Good luck with that! The Patriot hasn't exactly scheduled a lot of games with the CAA (or A-10 in the day). At best one OOC game per team. Before the Yankee Conference expanded (1986), UNH played Lehigh, Lafayette, Bucknell and Holy Cross often. Not at all since those days. I think that coincides with those schools starting their arrangement with the Ivies.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 13th, 2008, 04:26 PM

That I would love.

Me too! I'm overdue for a California trip!! And it would make sense with the CA kids on UNH as a homecoming game. Great exposure for future recruiting too!!

I would think it has to be a home game for UNH in 2008 since the other two OOC games are on the road.

Unfortunately, I think expenses will keep this type of game from occurring. Would either school have the gate receipts to cover the travel expenses? I think Davis covered expenses when UNH went West in 2005 in lieu of a return game. We were scrambling for a game after Army dropped us last minute.

stevdock
January 13th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I'm sure a home and home could be worked out with NDSU. Would love to have a top quality opponent from the East Coast on our schedule.

danefan
January 13th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Haven't heard anything on our end about droping the game.

Probably why schedules aren't released until contracts are signed though.

lizrdgizrd
January 14th, 2008, 10:18 AM
How about a home-and-home with App? :D

UNHWildCats
January 14th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I emailed Marty Scarano last year asking if he considered contacting Appalachian State about a game and his bried response was....

"NO"

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 14th, 2008, 10:31 AM

Sure wait to make that offer AFTER a certain QB graduates.
Perhaps we'll wait to respond until after another certain QB graduates.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 14th, 2008, 10:35 AM

How about no you crazy Dutch bastard.:D

lizrdgizrd
January 14th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I emailed Marty Scarano last year asking if he considered contacting Appalachian State about a game and his bried response was....

"NO"
What, we're not good enough for you guys? xconfusedx xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
January 14th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Sure wait to make that offer AFTER a certain QB graduates.
Perhaps we'll wait to respond until after another certain QB graduates.
Well, according to GannonFan we're supposed to have our schedules figured out for the next 5 years anyway. Might as well go ahead and schedule UNH-ASU for 2010 & 2011. xthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 14th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Well, according to GannonFan we're supposed to have our schedules figured out for the next 5 years anyway. Might as well go ahead and schedule UNH-ASU for 2010 & 2011. xthumbsupx

OK I'm in.

We can do it as part of the "CAA SoCon Challenge"

Leopard's Claw
January 14th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Lafayette is not playing Monmouth- we're set to open at Marist on 9/6, and are, at the moment, open on 9/20 & 10/18....maybe LC & UNH can meet up on 8/30- which would also be better for pre-season starting a week earlier.

TheBisonator
January 14th, 2008, 02:10 PM
WE NEED GAMES!!!

We need another home game!! You can come to Fargo this season, and we'll return the favor in 2010. (Our sched for 2009 is full)

We're not a Montana school, so you can trust us.:D

WrenFGun
January 14th, 2008, 02:14 PM
UNH really needs a home game, though, I believe. They go to Army, Dartmouth, Northeastern, Maine, Rhode Island and Villanova, already. Their only home games are William & Mary, UMass, Hofstra and Towson, I believe.

UNH SUPERFAN
January 14th, 2008, 02:35 PM
WE NEED GAMES!!!

We need another home game!! You can come to Fargo this season, and we'll return the favor in 2010. (Our sched for 2009 is full)

I'd love to see that happen, my wife has family in Fargo!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 14th, 2008, 02:44 PM
WE NEED GAMES!!!

We too need a home game as Albany would have been a home game. I believe what Wren posted is correct, four at home and six on the road if the Albany game is off the schedule.

I've never been to North Dakota so I'd love to make the trek too, in 2010!

GannonFan
January 14th, 2008, 03:10 PM

Well, you could do the "What About Bob" approach and try some baby steps. Maybe have 2009's schedule done before 2008's season begins? And then keep adding another year on like that. Dare to dream!!! :p

lizrdgizrd
January 15th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Well, you could do the "What About Bob" approach and try some baby steps. Maybe have 2009's schedule done before 2008's season begins? And then keep adding another year on like that. Dare to dream!!! :p
I'll be happy if we can get 2008's done by March. :p

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 15th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Hmmmm...as far as I heard that game with Albany is still on. Let me check.

Were you able to conferm this?

TheBisonator
January 15th, 2008, 03:22 PM
NDSU has 6 home games now, so if UNH would want to do a home-home, we could feasibly go to NH first, but I don't know what our AD would think.

Dane96
January 17th, 2008, 01:33 PM
From what I have been told as of today...the game with UNH is still on. Albany will play at UMASS, at UNH, at Hofstra, at Delaware, and Fordham (Home).

Ambitious to say the least.

Of course this could change, but from UA's end...it is still on.

Cobblestone
January 17th, 2008, 07:42 PM
UNH really needs a home game, though, I believe. They go to Army, Dartmouth, Northeastern, Maine, Rhode Island and Villanova, already. Their only home games are William & Mary, UMass, Hofstra and Towson, I believe.

In that case maybe you guys should try to get a D-II team on your schedule. I'd give Bryant a try. Since they're going into FCS in a few years they might very well be interested.

UNHWildCats
January 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I'd be shocked if UNH played a Div II school.

Im sure they can get an NEC or Marist or Iona to come to Durham and have the game count towards playoffs.

ERASU2113
January 17th, 2008, 08:04 PM
with the wildcats schedule pretty much set there is still one team missing from the out of conference part of the schedule.

so far....
Army
Dartmouth
?????

any ideas of who that could be?.... albany duked out last minute
word is the team does not want to travel very far but they would like it to be a decent fcs school

ASU? :D