PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State to Conference USA

DFW HOYA
May 10th, 2024, 09:19 AM
https://missouristatebears.com/news/2024/5/10/general-missouri-state-accepts-invitation-to-join-conference-usa.aspx

Milktruck74
May 10th, 2024, 09:29 AM
Remember back when getting an invite to an FBS conference was considered a step up? Given the complete mess that the state of college football in in today (portal, NIL, Super Conferences, P2, G8, FCS)...I'm not sure moving up is actually moving "up" anymore!

NY Crusader 2010
May 10th, 2024, 09:33 AM
**Shrug**

I think I called this move in another thread maybe 3 days ago? Good luck to MSU. Don't think you'll be missed too much around here though.

Literally a step down in competition in both football AND basketball. That's the funny part. I understand why you make the move though.

caribbeanhen
May 10th, 2024, 10:01 AM
Remember back when getting an invite to an FBS conference was considered a step up? Given the complete mess that the state of college football in in today (portal, NIL, Super Conferences, P2, G8, FCS)...I'm not sure moving up is actually moving "up" anymore!

bring that post on gohens…. Lol

I’m tired of getting beat up

JacksFan40
May 10th, 2024, 10:02 AM
Been reported for a while that they wanted in the FBS, guess they decided that waiting for a Sun Belt invite wasn’t worth it any longer.

C-USA really is a mess of a conference, having teams from New Mexico to Florida to Delaware is quite the decision.

Sitting Bull
May 10th, 2024, 10:21 AM
Another close by rival for Delaware

FUBeAR
May 10th, 2024, 10:22 AM
https://i.giphy.com/KRxcgvd5fLiWk.webp

Nor Eastern
May 10th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Good move for MoSt, they'll be with a bunch of other "also ran" athletic programs: MTSU, NMSU, KSU, FIU, SHSU...

Gotta feel bad for UTEP that they're stuck with this group of Motley Poos.

ElCid
May 10th, 2024, 10:33 AM
Another biennial scalp candidate?

WestCoastAggie
May 10th, 2024, 10:45 AM
Good move for MoSt, they'll be with a bunch of other "also ran" athletic programs: MTSU, NMSU, KSU, FIU, SHSU...

They need to see about joining the Mountain West.

caribbeanhen
May 10th, 2024, 11:00 AM
Been reported for a while that they wanted in the FBS, guess they decided that waiting for a Sun Belt invite wasn’t worth it any longer.

C-USA really is a mess of a conference, having teams from New Mexico to Florida to Delaware is quite the decision.

heard from a friend who

heard it from a friend who

Heard The JackRabbits had an opportunity to be in a conference with Delaware but obviously that idea didn’t work out

caribbeanhen
May 10th, 2024, 11:02 AM

1AA super conference

SteelSD
May 10th, 2024, 11:13 AM
I wonder how much of an increase in student fees they are going to need to pay for that $5 mil move up fee.

Milktruck74
May 10th, 2024, 11:18 AM
I wonder how much of an increase in student fees they are going to need to pay for that $5 mil move up fee.

I'm sure they will make that $5MM up pretty quickly with all the money they will get from their invite to the Myrtle Beach bowl every 7-12 years!!!

Sitting Bull
May 10th, 2024, 11:27 AM
I’m sure UDs #1 cheerleader into this cesspool, Blowindope, must be estatic. Another new rival within 1,500 miles!

caribbeanhen
May 10th, 2024, 12:22 PM
I’m sure UDs #1 cheerleader into this cesspool, Blowindope, must be estatic. Another new rival within 1,500 miles!

Did you mean Blew and old?

Sitting Bull
May 10th, 2024, 12:27 PM
Did you mean Blew and old?

Lol. One and same. So old AND delusional.

BigGreenTruck
May 10th, 2024, 01:32 PM
They need to see about joining the Mountain West.

Yeah the MWC doesn't want UTEP. They have passed on them multiple times going so far as to take San Jose St with really suspect academics over UTEP. Since 2003, the last 20 years UTEP is 88-169 (4.4 wins per year, 8.45 losses per year). Has 5 winning seasons and is 0-5 in bowl games. The only way UTEP or New Mexico State escape CUSA is if Washington State and Oregon State only take the best of the MWC and a few AAC conference schools to rebuild Zombie PAC whatever. If schools like Wyoming, New Mexico and San Jose State are left behind. Otherwise nothing is going to happen.

Ridge1982
May 10th, 2024, 04:55 PM
If I’m one of the Viveritos, I go to St. Charles and talk to Lindenwood. Their reclassification period will end before the 2025-26 season begins and they need a presence in the St. Louis area.

atthewbon
May 10th, 2024, 05:16 PM
Seems similar to Delaware’s move. Doesn’t seem to make a ton of sense right now but guarantees them a seat in the second tier if/when the P4/G5 split happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HootyHoo
May 10th, 2024, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the Big time MOST!!! Everybody on this thread can cast their stones at the new CUSA. However, Hooty recalls a time when the Sun Belt was ridiculed for taking a bunch of FCS programs, and look at where they are now.

Sitting Bull
May 10th, 2024, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the Big time MOST!!! Everybody on this thread can cast their stones at the new CUSA. However, Hooty recalls a time when the Sun Belt was ridiculed for taking a bunch of FCS programs, and look at where they are now.

Yes, It’s a G5 league that no one pays attention except the member schools. At least it’s regional which is a step up from CUSA.

Laker
May 10th, 2024, 06:13 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNOgvEFaIAAd0YE?format=png&name=medium

HootyHoo
May 10th, 2024, 06:15 PM
Actually, that’s not true. CUSA’s move to show October games on weeknights was a huge ratings success last season. KSU is going to be on national TV vs Liberty(fiesta bowl btw)on Wednesday and Jacksonville State on a Friday night showdown. Both those games will be the only Football on TV. That’s huge exposure for the program and the conference.

- - - Updated - - -

That conference map makes more sense than the Big 10 or the ACC.

FUBeAR
May 10th, 2024, 10:50 PM
Actually, that’s not true. CUSA’s move to show October games on weeknights was a huge ratings success last season. KSU is going to be on national TV vs Liberty(fiesta bowl btw)on Wednesday and Jacksonville State on a Friday night showdown. Both those games will be the only Football on TV. That’s huge exposure for the program and the conference.
https://i.giphy.com/d5mI2F3MxCTJu.webp

HootyHoo
May 11th, 2024, 09:05 AM
Hooty just wants to say to this AGS board. It has been so much fun to see arrogant SOCON fan bases out of their mind with jealousy at KSU getting an invite. The Bison fans too. Y’all can all enjoy crapping on bowl games from the sidelines. FCS is completely irrelevant on the CFB landscape. You are in purgatory. Not in big time Division 1, but not in a fun division like D2. When KSU goes to the CFB playoff, Remember Hooty.

ysubigred
May 11th, 2024, 09:19 AM
Good on Mo State. After watching the FCS up close and personal last year (playoffs), wowsa.. FCS has gone down the ****ter..

College football is in need of a shake-up.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Daytripper
May 11th, 2024, 09:33 AM
Short-term, of course move-up programs like SHSU will be perceived as reaching. But the decisions of FCS programs to move up is a long-term decision. They see the future of college athletics. That future includes a spit of the power conferences cartel with the G5. When this inevitable divorce occurs, the P-Cartel will literally be a semi-pro league that is university branded. In this future reorganization, the G5 will have its own media deal and playoff. It will still have all of its fans and gain more when it becomes apparent that it is where the idea still exists of the "student-athlete."

Just FYI, I really enjoyed being in FCS and participating in this forum. I still follow FCS and will do so in the future.

KPSUL
May 11th, 2024, 09:59 AM
Hooty just wants to say to this AGS board. It has been so much fun to see arrogant SOCON fan bases out of their mind with jealousy at KSU getting an invite. The Bison fans too. Y’all can all enjoy crapping on bowl games from the sidelines. FCS is completely irrelevant on the CFB landscape. You are in purgatory. Not in big time Division 1, but not in a fun division like D2. When KSU goes to the CFB playoff, Remember Hooty.

Wait until you get a load of arrogant SEC fan bases commenting on C-USA and KSU playing FBS football! You'll be longing for the good old day on AGS.

MR. CHICKEN
May 11th, 2024, 10:17 AM
Wait until you get a load of arrogant SEC fan bases commenting on C-USA and KSU playing FBS football! You'll be longing for the good old day on AGS.

....WHAT IF.......IN COMIN' MONTHS........NEW HAMPSHIRE.........WAS TA ANNOUNCE UH MOVE UP........WOOD DIS VITRIOL.....TURN TA MAPLE SYRUP?......xsighx......AWK?

MR. CHICKEN
May 11th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Good on Mo State. After watching the FCS up close and personal last year (playoffs), wowsa.. FCS has gone down the ****ter..

....HOW SO???......DIDN'T 'NOVA/FURMAN CARRY DUH TORCH FO'.....SOGONE/CAA.....&....SHOWIN' THEY BELONGED WHIFF DUH POWER SQWADS?.......BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
May 11th, 2024, 11:12 AM

at least they will be commenting on it, they don’t even know what FCS is

caribbeanhen
May 11th, 2024, 11:17 AM
Short-term, of course move-up programs like SHSU will be perceived as reaching. But the decisions of FCS programs to move up is a long-term decision. They see the future of college athletics. That future includes a spit of the power conferences cartel with the G5. When this inevitable divorce occurs, the P-Cartel will literally be a semi-pro league that is university branded. In this future reorganization, the G5 will have its own media deal and playoff. It will still have all of its fans and gain more when it becomes apparent that it is where the idea still exists of the "student-athlete."

Just FYI, I really enjoyed being in FCS and participating in this forum. I still follow FCS and will do so in the future.

That’s because G5 is the new 1AA super Conference so in my view were really just surviving instead of dying

Daytripper
May 11th, 2024, 11:57 AM
That’s because G5 is the new 1AA super Conference so in my view were really just surviving instead of dying

I think the key to G5 success is clearly defining who they are (student-athlete centered) by reorganizing the conferences based on region, creating a legitimate playoff format, negotiating a media deal as a entirety and not just by conference, distributing that money relatively equally among conferences/programs. Some forward-thinking people can make it very successful.

taper
May 11th, 2024, 12:20 PM

Be careful what you wish for. The House case seems to be getting close to a $3B settlement plus ~$100M annually going forward. I haven't seen a timeline for the Johnson case but that's a slam dunk that'll make at least some athletes employees. Worst case it wipes out D3 entirely.

KPSUL
May 11th, 2024, 12:30 PM

Good point, the average SEC fan calls us Div 2.

KPSUL
May 11th, 2024, 12:39 PM
....WHAT IF.......IN COMIN' MONTHS........NEW HAMPSHIRE.........WAS TA ANNOUNCE UH MOVE UP........WOOD DIS VITRIOL.....TURN TA MAPLE SYRUP?......xsighx......AWK?

xlolxxlolxxlmaoxxlmaox UNH moving to FBS? Apparently you've never been to NH. Ain't going to happen in my grand children's lifetime.

Sitting Bull
May 11th, 2024, 12:46 PM

It’s laughable that G5 fans think that they are considered any different than FCS by the average college football fan. They see the big guys, Pwhatever, and everyone else.

G5 is a division of safety schools that have now been stiff-armed from what they aspired, a seat with the big boys who aren’t interested in them. Then you have FCS with Ivys, private universities and smaller state flagships. There is a thin line between them but both talent wise, both are miles below the big schools.

HootyHoo
May 11th, 2024, 01:29 PM
If the SEC fans are talking crap about KSU. The Owls are doing something right. The G5 is definitely superior in talent to the FCS. KSU has gotten transfers from Virginia Tech, Iowa State, South Carolina, etc. The G5 gives programs access to talent that’s not available at the FCS level. The Portal and the Playoff have made the G5 a viable option.

POD Knows
May 11th, 2024, 01:46 PM
If the SEC fans are talking crap about KSU. The Owls are doing something right. The G5 is definitely superior in talent to the FCS. KSU has gotten transfers from Virginia Tech, Iowa State, South Carolina, etc. The G5 gives programs access to talent that’s not available at the FCS level. The Portal and the Playoff have made the G5 a viable option.
And KSU would still finish in 5th place in the MVFC.

taper
May 11th, 2024, 01:53 PM
That's generous. Sagarin has KSU at 201, which would be 11th in the MVFC, ahead of only perennially useless ISUb and departing WIU. SDSU is above every single G5 team.

POD Knows
May 11th, 2024, 02:22 PM
That's generous. Sagarin has KSU at 201, which would be 11th in the MVFC, ahead of only perennially useless ISUb and departing WIU. SDSU is above every single G5 team.
I feel magnanimous today. The only reason teams like KSU have moved up is location based. That is it and that is all.

HootyHoo
May 11th, 2024, 03:58 PM
KSU has a lot going for it. Location is one. However, Kennesaw State had the highest enrollment of any school in FCS at the time of their move to CUSA. FBS is a natural move for the University.

POD Knows
May 11th, 2024, 04:09 PM
KSU has a lot going for it. Location is one. However, Kennesaw State had the highest enrollment of any school in FCS at the time of their move to CUSA. FBS is a natural move for the University.Wow, 36K students and you still suck that bad in sports. xlolx Your football team last year was a freaking disgrace. What, zero D1 wins but yea, you are G5. What a badge of honor. Best of luck to you. 0-5 against the FCS last year. KSU is D1 in name only in Football.

ElCid
May 11th, 2024, 04:26 PM
KSU has a lot going for it. Location is one. However, Kennesaw State had the highest enrollment of any school in FCS at the time of their move to CUSA. FBS is a natural move for the University.

Ok. How many live on campus? Like 5K? On two campuses? Mostly a commuter school which adds very little to a sports experience since most could give a crap. What did you average for game attendance? Like 7K a game?
Might might 10K average in CUSA. Congrats.

ysubigred
May 11th, 2024, 04:56 PM
....HOW SO???......DIDN'T 'NOVA/FURMAN CARRY DUH TORCH FO'.....SOGONE/CAA.....&....SHOWIN' THEY BELONGED WHIFF DUH POWER SQWADS?.......BRAWK!
No fans lack of interest.. Nothing to do with the CAA Nova was really good.

FUBeAR
May 11th, 2024, 04:59 PM
Ok. How many live on campus? Like 5K? On two campuses? Mostly a commuter school which adds very little to a sports experience since most could give a crap. What did you average for game attendance? Like 7K a game?
Might might 10K average in CUSA. Congrats.
Total posers - BUT … FUBeAR had a good time at the FU @ KSU game this past year. Felt like a game at FCS PFL Davidson, maybe, or D2 Reinhardt … but with A LOT of liquor. Nice people serving it too. The few peeps there that know and even fewer that care that they have a Football Team will enjoy themselves posing as a posing FBS Team in a posing FBS Conference …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH42dBmErgs

caribbeanhen
May 11th, 2024, 10:31 PM
It’s laughable that G5 fans think that they are considered any different than FCS by the average college football fan. They see the big guys, Pwhatever, and everyone else.

G5 is a division of safety schools that have now been stiff-armed from what they aspired, a seat with the big boys who aren’t interested in them. Then you have FCS with Ivys, private universities and smaller state flagships. There is a thin line between them but both talent wise, both are miles below the big schools.

ESPN disagrees

bonarae
May 11th, 2024, 10:59 PM
When all this settles, will D-III join the Ivies and form their own association? D-II and NAIA both go into survival mode.... even good football programs in smaller divisions aren't touched by school closures. See Notre Dame College (OH) in D-II.

bonarae
May 11th, 2024, 11:05 PM
Also, G5 and the upper tier FCS (including HBCUs) can bond together again. This leaves the likes of the PFL and non-scholarship teams in scholarship conferences, who may either join the new association of non-scholarship teams or force to go into club-level sports and drop their varsity statuses altogether.

Go...gate
May 12th, 2024, 01:14 AM
When all this settles, will D-III join the Ivies and form their own association? D-II and NAIA both go into survival mode.... even good football programs in smaller divisions aren't touched by school closures. See Notre Dame College (OH) in D-II.

I believe this is a realistic possibility.

SteelSD
May 12th, 2024, 02:12 AM

Congrats, a whole post of total BS! In the last 5 years we have gotten transfers from Ohio State, Iowa State, Nebraska, OU, and Oklahoma State. So in your comment you must be speaking about your program and not actual good FCS teams. And as for the superior talent all I can say is that when we played Colorado St. no one would say that team was superior in talent to us.

Sitting Bull
May 12th, 2024, 06:53 AM
ESPN disagrees

ESPN is just trying to fill dead space on Tuesday and Wednesday nights and has a couple of conferences that are desperate for money. If that’s the big carrot left to be G5, it’s sad.

MR. CHICKEN
May 12th, 2024, 07:02 AM
ESPN is just trying to fill dead space on Tuesday and Wednesday nights and has a couple of conferences that are desperate for money. If that’s the big carrot left to be G5, it’s sad.

....FILLS UH FOOTBALL JUNKIES NEED........THAT SOMEHOW.....THE CONNERS.....STALE "POOR US" JOKES........CAIN'T CURE.......DOODLE-DOO!

Sitting Bull
May 12th, 2024, 07:16 AM
I believe this is a realistic possibility.

I can’t see the Ivies ever giving up D1 status. It could have ramifications on all their other sports which they wouldn’t surrender.

Whatever classification it becomes, having the Ivies is a big plus, even if they don’t compete in the playoffs. They are a national brand.

MR. CHICKEN
May 12th, 2024, 07:19 AM
I can’t see the Ivies ever giving up D1 status. It could have ramifications on all their other sports which they wouldn’t surrender.

Whatever classification it becomes, having the Ivies is a big plus, even if they don’t compete in the playoffs. They are a national brand.

....WONDER HOW MANY......TUNE IN LATE FALL FRIDAYS.....TA WATCH....CORNELL/BROWN........AS DAT...HAPPY HOUR GLOW........TURNS TA END UH WEEK TIRED..........YAWN!..........AWK!

NY Crusader 2010
May 12th, 2024, 07:21 AM
Also, G5 and the upper tier FCS (including HBCUs) can bond together again. This leaves the likes of the PFL and non-scholarship teams in scholarship conferences, who may either join the new association of non-scholarship teams or force to go into club-level sports and drop their varsity statuses altogether.

I think you'll ultimately see 3 divisions in football:

1) The semi-pro division of the Top 50-70 schools => this group may decouple from the traditional conference structure. This will ultimately be a good thing because conference make-up will become asymptotic to Men's Basketball as opposed to Football, meaning the geographic craziness when it comes to all-sports conferences will go away. Maybe something resembling the Pac 12 (minus the AZ schools and + Gonzaga) will come alive again -- it's possible.

2) G5 plus whatever schools get left behind from today's power conferences. I could see the likes of Pitt, Georgia Tech, Duke, Wake Forest, BC, Northwestern and Vanderbilt ending up on this side of the fence and forming a sort of "Magnolia League" along with the likes of Tulane and Rice. This division will have its own playoff format and the "dream" of being the G5 Cinderella playing in the CFP or a New Year's Bowl game will be gone. Consider this division the old I-AA on steroids. I see the majority of the MVFC and Big Sky jumping to this level, either as whole conferences, or the Dakota, Montana schools + Idaho and Northern Iowa potentially create their own league and move up. The bigger WAC/ASUN teams will try to latch on in an expanding CUSA.

3) FCS but a watered down version. Every school that institutionally is a fit for the G5 landscape will likely do whatever they can to "get to the chopper". This level will be anchored by the SoCon, CAA, Patriot and Southland + whatever current Big Sky and Valley schools don't make the jump. OVC and NEC on life support. The HBCU's and Ivies will continue to remain here in the same fashion they do now, same as the Pioneer.

Sitting Bull
May 12th, 2024, 07:42 AM
....WONDER HOW MANY......TUNE IN LATE FALL FRIDAYS.....TA WATCH....CORNELL/BROWN........AS DAT...HAPPY HOUR GLOW........TURNS TA END UH WEEK TIRED..........YAWN!..........AWK!

Probably more than any of the G5 games on Tuesday. At least people have heard of Cornell and Brown - probably not same as Kennesaw vs Middle Tennessee. Not to mention Harvard/Yale. But then, it’s not as if the Ivies are as desperate for the money as the low end G5 leagues.

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2024, 08:06 AM

Is Tuesday night dead space on ESPN better than Flo’s Saturday afternoon special? No FCS fans have even watched the CAA for several years minus CAA diehards

NY Crusader 2010
May 12th, 2024, 08:13 AM
Random thought since this is a Missouri State thread:

Is MSU the first school in history to end up in a weaker football conference AND a weaker basketball conference by jumping to FBS?

Not knocking the move, I get it, it's all about getting to the "chopper" and into what will become that 2nd division of college football. Just wondering if this has ever happened before. Of course, plenty of schools have cannibalized their hoops programs to prioritize football conference membership => UConn when they joined the AAC, Old Dominion, UMass to name a few.

Sitting Bull
May 12th, 2024, 08:22 AM
Is Tuesday night dead space on ESPN better than Flo’s Saturday afternoon special? No FCS fans have even watched the CAA for several years minus CAA diehards

I’ve never been bothered by FLO - they at least don’t force schools to play on ridiculous weeknights - nor lose any sleep on whether we are “getting expusure” to a few thousand couch potatoes on a Tuesday night.

Sitting Bull
May 12th, 2024, 08:23 AM
Random thought since this is a Missouri State thread:

Is MSU the first school in history to end up in a weaker football conference AND a weaker basketball conference by jumping to FBS?

Not knocking the move, I get it, it's all about getting to the "chopper" and into what will become that 2nd division of college football. Just wondering if this has ever happened before. Of course, plenty of schools have cannibalized their hoops programs to prioritize football conference membership => UConn when they joined the AAC, Old Dominion, UMass to name a few.

Delaware?

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2024, 08:40 AM
posted 10 years ago by Henfan….. he made hundreds of posts forecasting and politicking for Delaware to get out of the CAA

“UD has reported net profits on FB since at least 1997 and many suspect it's been the case since 1972 when they expanded the stadium. However, locals seem to be tiring of FCS FB, the program itself has not generated much juice in recent years and attendance continues to decline. Don't know how much longer FB will be a profitable venture in Newark, DE.”

POD Knows
May 12th, 2024, 09:25 AM
ESPN disagrees
Elaborate, are you talking about the weekday games that virtually nobody watches and are basically there to fill dead sports air time? What are the ratings that ESPN gets for these games

Cocky
May 12th, 2024, 09:30 AM
The Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (midweek) G5 games are more viewed than the Saturday games.

Personally prefer the midweek games except Fridays. We had good crowds and a good atmosphere

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2024, 09:35 AM
Elaborate, are you talking about the weekday games that virtually nobody watches and are basically there to fill dead sports air time? What are the ratings that ESPN gets for these games

this was posted by JD of UD ..

A couple of mid-week home games in October

= EQUALS

$1.8 million directly to UD from the newly negotiated CFP fund.

Roughly $800k from the CUSA media deal.

Roughly 600k eyeballs watching if that October game is carried on a ESPN broadcast channel, and I believe all are.

No FloSports.

Need I continue?

Put me in the “I am all in” column and putting my money where my mouth is, UD has received a donation from me for the FBS entrance fee.

MR. CHICKEN
May 12th, 2024, 09:35 AM

.......WE'LL BE ON ESPN......SEEN ACROSS DUH COUNTRY.....IT'S NOT JES'.....THOSE C-USA CITIES......THINK BIG LADS......WE'RE NOT.......GONNA BE....SQUIRRELED AWAY ON FLO.......AWK!

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...e-usa/3706726/ (https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/delaware-conference-usa/3706726/)

“With ESPN and ESPN plus and the opportunities that joining conference USA provides to us, I mean its 40 times the number of viewers now for football and for basketball," Rawak said.

Christi Rawak...is our AD!....ooops! Chrissi........brawk!

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2024, 09:41 AM
.......WE'LL BE ON ESPN......SEEN ACROSS DUH COUNTRY.....IT'S NOT JES'.....THOSE C-USA CITIES......THINK BIG LADS......WE'RE NOT.......GONNA BE....SQUIRRELED AWAY ON FLO.......AWK!

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...e-usa/3706726/ (https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/delaware-conference-usa/3706726/)

“With ESPN and ESPN plus and the opportunities that joining conference USA provides to us, I mean its 40 times the number of viewers now for football and for basketball," Rawak said.

Christi Rawak...is our AD!

“With ESPN and ESPN plus and the opportunities that joining conference US provides to us, I mean its 40 times the number of viewers now for football and for basketball," Rawak said.”

Sitting Bull
May 12th, 2024, 10:07 AM
this was posted by JD of UD ..

A couple of mid-week home games in October

= EQUALS

$1.8 million directly to UD from the newly negotiated CFP fund.

Roughly $800k from the CUSA media deal.

Roughly 600k eyeballs watching if that October game is carried on a ESPN broadcast channel, and I believe all are.

No FloSports.

Need I continue?

Put me in the “I am all in” column and putting my money where my mouth is, UD has received a donation from me for the FBS entrance fee.

Not picking on you or MrChicken - but $2.6M above. You spent $5M just to make the jump plus another $2M in exit fees. You have yet to factor the impact on actual home ticket sales (which based on ODU and UMass, would predict continue declining at UD) or the added expenses in travel for all your sports teams. The farthest CAA member is about the closest CUSA member.

I’m not buying the “all this new exposure for potential students” - so just on practical economics, how do you look at these numbers and come away with this rationale as some windfall? Your expenses have more than doubled the revenues.

POD Knows
May 12th, 2024, 10:10 AM

Christi Rawak...is our AD!

“With ESPN and ESPN plus and the opportunities that joining conference US provides to us, I mean its 40 times the number of viewers now for football and for basketball," Rawak said.”Yea, I sort of get the Flo deal and why this is better for UD. I think the contract that NDSU has with WDAY is a couple million for broadcasts and I don't know what other financial things are out there from the conferences. Do you think that extra kicker for UD is gonna cover travel costs for all sports?? Maybe, maybe not, who the hell knows.

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2024, 10:42 AM
Not picking on you or MrChicken - but $2.6M above. You spent $5M just to make the jump plus another $2M in exit fees. You have yet to factor the impact on actual home ticket sales (which based on ODU and UMass, would predict continue declining at UD) or the added expenses in travel for all your sports teams. The farthest CAA member is about the closest CUSA member.

I’m not buying the “all this new exposure for potential students” - so just on practical economics, how do you look at these numbers and come away with this rationale as some windfall? Your expenses have more than doubled the revenues.

Hey, no need to insult MR Chicken… I don’t even sound like him xlolx

HootyHoo
May 12th, 2024, 11:09 AM
Missouri State could be a bit of a sleeping giant. Now that the school has a more Southern footprint. They will benefit from a much richer recruiting territory,Texas in particular. We saw Nebraska and Colorado both fall without their connection to the Lone Star state. MOST has a lot of potential.

MR. CHICKEN
May 12th, 2024, 11:11 AM

William Lafferty, vice chair of the board, asked about the financial impact of moving the Athletics program to Conference USA in fall 2025. Assanis said the costs — which will start in the FY2026 budget — are being covered through philanthropic donations. In the long run, the move will financially benefit UD by providing a more prominent platform to promote academic programs, research and admissions opportunities, especially in geographic areas with growing populations.

.....FROM UH PRESTIGIOUS UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT.........&.....UH...FCS 2023 ATHLETIC DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR......JES' SAYIN'........BUT MAYBEAH....YER SMARTER.....xconfusedx.....AWQK!

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2024, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=caribbeanhen;3187915]Yea, I sort of get the Flo deal and why this is better for UD. I think the contract that NDSU has with WDAY is a couple million for broadcasts and I don't know what other financial things are out there from the conferences. Do you think that extra kicker for UD is gonna cover travel costs for all sports?? Maybe, maybe not, who the hell knows.

how would you feel about the Bison jumping into CUSA?

Let’s say G5 eventually instituted a 16 team playoff

if I had any say, I would allow the 4 best FCS teams into the G5 playoffs and hopefully they would pull some upsets

There’s actually people out there think the top FCS teams are not as good as the bottom half of CUSA

HootyHoo
May 12th, 2024, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=POD Knows;3187920]

how would you feel about the Bison jumping into CUSA?

Let’s say G5 eventually instituted a 16 team playoff

if I had any say, I would allow the 4 best FCS teams into the G5 playoffs and hopefully they would pull some upsets

There’s actually people out there think the top FCS teams are not as good as the bottom half of CUSA

Of course CUSA is superior to the Bison and the Jackrabbits. Delaware has automatically become better by being accepted until the College Football aristocracy. There is no need to associate yourself with such riff raff when you are in such esteemed company as Hooty.

JacksFan40
May 12th, 2024, 11:56 AM
heard from a friend who

Heard The JackRabbits had an opportunity to be in a conference with Delaware but obviously that idea didn’t work out
Heard it from the Missouri State President himself actually. Almost one year ago exactly.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2023/05/09/missouri-state-football-fbs-fcs-valey-sun-belt-conference-usa-realignment-college-sports-clif-smart/70189082007/

Even further back than that actually.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2022/10/12/missouri-state-linked-to-sun-belt-conference-report-mvc-mvfc-sbc/69556069007/

It was also being reported on recently.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2024/02/26/missouri-state-conference-usa-mvc-valley-realignment-the-athletic-cusa/72749100007/

Sitting Bull
May 12th, 2024, 12:05 PM
William Lafferty, vice chair of the board, asked about the financial impact of moving the Athletics program to Conference USA in fall 2025. Assanis said the costs — which will start in the FY2026 budget — are being covered through philanthropic donations. In the long run, the move will financially benefit UD by providing a more prominent platform to promote academic programs, research and admissions opportunities, especially in geographic areas with growing populations.

.....FROM UH PRESTIGIOUS UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT.........&.....UH...FCS 2023 ATHLETIC DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR......JES' SAYIN'........BUT MAYBEAH....YER SMARTER.....xconfusedx.....AWQK!

It was a question but I’ve learned with UD fans, don’t push against the narrative or the name calling comes out.

And I’ve read that hogwash from the Prez about promoting blah blah blah, not exactly measurable. That way everyone can cover their ass later.

caribbeanhen
May 12th, 2024, 12:28 PM
Heard it from the Missouri State President himself actually. Almost one year ago exactly.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2023/05/09/missouri-state-football-fbs-fcs-valey-sun-belt-conference-usa-realignment-college-sports-clif-smart/70189082007/

Even further back than that actually.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2022/10/12/missouri-state-linked-to-sun-belt-conference-report-mvc-mvfc-sbc/69556069007/

It was also being reported on recently.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2024/02/26/missouri-state-conference-usa-mvc-valley-realignment-the-athletic-cusa/72749100007/

Those articles don’t mention anything that I was hinting at

MR. CHICKEN
May 12th, 2024, 12:32 PM
It was a question but I’ve learned with UD fans, don’t push against the narrative or the name calling comes out.

And I’ve read that hogwash from the Prez about promoting blah blah blah, not exactly measurable. That way everyone can cover their ass later.

....SO THEN.....YER SMARTER!......xsighx.......BRAWK!

Sitting Bull
May 12th, 2024, 12:41 PM
....SO THEN.....YER SMARTER!......xsighx.......BRAWK!

Actually anyone with a map and a calculator would come across smarter.

nodak651
May 12th, 2024, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=caribbeanhen;3187915]Yea, I sort of get the Flo deal and why this is better for UD. I think the contract that NDSU has with WDAY is a couple million for broadcasts and I don't know what other financial things are out there from the conferences. Do you think that extra kicker for UD is gonna cover travel costs for all sports?? Maybe, maybe not, who the hell knows.
That's the thing with schools like NDSU. NDSU would lose statewide coverage with an FBS move, and that local exposure is probably more important than anything CUSA could provide. NDSU also gets a few games on ESPN or ABC every year anyway, through the FCS playoffs. And, rural schools in the Dakotas and Montana have fans that travel hours for games. Some schools that are closer to the majority of their fans are perhaps less impacted by weekday games that a school like NDSU would be, where Saturday game day culture, and ticket rev, is so important.

I don't blame the CAA for making a deal with Flo because ESPN low balls FCS and Low Major conferences for TV/streaming rights. F them.

MR. CHICKEN
May 12th, 2024, 05:03 PM
That's the thing with schools like NDSU. NDSU would lose statewide coverage with an FBS move, and that local exposure is probably more important than anything CUSA could provide. NDSU also gets a few games on ESPN or ABC every year anyway, through the FCS playoffs. And, rural schools in the Dakotas and Montana have fans that travel hours for games. Some schools that are closer to the majority of their fans are perhaps less impacted by weekday games that a school like NDSU would be, where Saturday game day culture, and ticket rev, is so important.

I don't blame the CAA for making a deal with Flo because ESPN low balls FCS and Low Major conferences for TV/streaming rights. F them.

.....HAS BEEN REPORTED HERE SEVERAL TIMES.....BY TRESSOLINI & AD RAWAK.......DELAWARE WILL RECEIVE FROM CUSA APPX 3X THE AMOUNT FROM FLO.......BRAWK!

POD Knows
May 12th, 2024, 06:35 PM
Missouri State could be a bit of a sleeping giant. Now that the school has a more Southern footprint. They will benefit from a much richer recruiting territory,Texas in particular. We saw Nebraska and Colorado both fall without their connection to the Lone Star state. MOST has a lot of potential.Mo State will kick your asses in football, BOOKIT

mmiller_34
May 12th, 2024, 09:22 PM

I strongly disagree.

NDSU’s coverage would not decrease across the Dakotas. I fact, if NDSU were to enter the CUSA, almost all Bizon fans would immediately pivot and proclaim their move to be the most important and best thing to have ever happened to NDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HootyHoo
May 12th, 2024, 09:33 PM
Mo State will kick your asses in football, BOOKIT

Well, unfortunately for the mighty Missouri Valley. Kennesaw State already traveled out to Springfield a few years ago and smacked the Bears around. KSU redshirted their entire team last season. The Owls will be ready to compete in CUSA.

Ridge1982
May 12th, 2024, 10:10 PM
Especially from those who should be lucky they’re in the SEC *cough Mizzou*cough

Keeper
May 12th, 2024, 11:37 PM
Who's on the clock now? EKU? Chatty?

bonarae
May 13th, 2024, 01:53 AM
Who's on the clock now? EKU? Chatty?

After MO State, I do not know who's next to jump... xdontknowx

Seems like the FCS is finally stabilizing after 2025. xconfusedx

Sitting Bull
May 13th, 2024, 06:16 AM
With the new exit fee, current economy and the likelihood of the power conferences now stiff arming away the G5 group, some of the incentives to move are dissipating. If your strategy was - take Chattanooga - to position yourself with the big guys like Tennessee and Memphis - now it’s moving to a level with Troy State and Middle Tennessee. It’s debatable if it’s worth the jump given the other stress points of increased expenses, possibly dropping sports and playing weeknight football.

MR. CHICKEN
May 13th, 2024, 06:40 AM
Mo State will kick your asses in football, BOOKIT

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolx...........33313.........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
May 13th, 2024, 07:36 AM
After MO State, I do not know who's next to jump... xdontknowx

Seems like the FCS is finally stabilizing after 2025. xconfusedx

Once the FCS Titantic was resting on the Atlantic seafloor it became stable

5 million is chump change to the rich who have already taken refuge in life boat CUSA

Sitting Bull
May 13th, 2024, 07:50 AM
Once the FCS Titantic was resting on the Atlantic seafloor it became stable

5 million is chump change to the rich who have already taken refuge in life boat CUSA

Lifeboat? In your case more like Ship of Fools.

You’re either trying to be funny or maybe justify a move at this point which is now looking even worse given your “jump” is just a small one. You’re not rubbing elbows with the big guys as some may have expected (Maryland, Rutgers, etc) or the academic likes of FCS. It’s now - well, just look at your new league. It’s safety schools in the South and Midwest, your new world.

FCS continues to move along just fine without Delaware - believe it or not. You’re not even a top 25 program. Not to say you won’t be missed, I hate to see you gone.

caribbeanhen
May 13th, 2024, 08:52 AM

You’re either trying to be funny or maybe justify a move at this point which is now looking even worse given your “jump” is just a small one. You’re not rubbing elbows with the big guys as some may have expected (Maryland, Rutgers, etc) or the academic likes of FCS. It’s now - well, just look at your new league. It’s safety schools in the South and Midwest, your new world.

FCS continues to move along just fine without Delaware - believe it or not. You’re not even a top 25 program. Not to say you won’t be missed, I hate to see you gone.

Granted lots of the unwashed masses from below decks made it off the sinking ship and onto CAirbnb

examples would be Kennydoll State, Ruston Louisiana Tech, the Jacksonville not in Florida State, West Appalachia Kentucky, Muffinsboro State, Huntsville prison but dont call it a state prison, Little Havana International and Mizherah State

Lifeboats can be uncomfortable but it’s better than the alternative and nobody plans on being adrift forever

Delaware can see the Carpathia on the horizon

OhioHen
May 13th, 2024, 09:23 AM
heard from a friend who

All SDSU needs to do is start up Men's Soccer!

aceinthehole
May 13th, 2024, 09:26 AM
A few things can be true at the same time. And IMO, timing is everything.

UD move to FBS is the ultimately the right decision. As an academically strong, small State flagship university in the Mid-Atlantic, they needed to make the step-up, as to not be left behind in the long run.

That being said, it is either the arrogance or incompetence of their leadership that thinks C-USA is a good idea. The league is geographically spread out without any real peers. They don't sponsor the many of the sports UD does and so the Hens are scrambling to find associate homes for Olympic sports. They have been shut out of the A-10, CAA, PL, etc and are vagabonds.

Looking at the strategic move and timing of James Madsion, and it is clear that UD got played like fools. ODU, App State, Georgia Southern, even Costal Carolina and old friend Marshall are in a much better place across the board. UD leadership has really squandered whatever academic and profile advantage they had.

Just hard for anyone in Newark to legitimately spin a league with UTEP, NMSU, Sam Houston and Liberty as "peers" or "rivals" - the Hen faithful are going to be walking the desert for years until and unless they can find their way into a more geographically sensible league with schools that have the similar academic and athletic profiles.

OhioHen
May 13th, 2024, 09:29 AM
You think they'd do that well?

OhioHen
May 13th, 2024, 09:34 AM
Delaware?
I think Delaware currently has a better chance to win both men's and women's basketball titles in CUSA than the CAA. I didn't say good chance, just better.
Missouri State might be sending both teams to the dance on a regular basis as soon as they're eligible to do so.

OhioHen
May 13th, 2024, 09:37 AM
posted 10 years ago by Henfan….. he made hundreds of posts forecasting and politicking for Delaware to get out of the CAA

“UD has reported net profits on FB since at least 1997 and many suspect it's been the case since 1972 when they expanded the stadium. However, locals seem to be tiring of FCS FB, the program itself has not generated much juice in recent years and attendance continues to decline. Don't know how much longer FB will be a profitable venture in Newark, DE.”The decline started when all the WWII vets and their wives who were long-time season ticket holders started passing away in large numbers in the early '00s.

ElCid
May 13th, 2024, 10:45 AM
The decline started when all the WWII vets and their wives who were long-time season ticket holders started passing away in large numbers in the early '00s.

Much truth in this. That is so familiar. That's about when our decline started in earnest. Our games used to be events not to be missed. Now it seems more like an after thought to most and only die-hard fans can be relied on.

POD Knows
May 13th, 2024, 10:47 AM
You think they'd do that well?
Actually no, their team last year was one of the worst in all of D1. They will probably get better as they have no where to go but up.

caribbeanhen
May 13th, 2024, 11:36 AM

UD move to FBS is the ultimately the right decision. As an academically strong, small State flagship university in the Mid-Atlantic, they needed to make the step-up, as to not be left behind in the long run.

That being said, it is either the arrogance or incompetence of their leadership that thinks C-USA is a good idea. The league is geographically spread out without any real peers. They don't sponsor the many of the sports UD does and so the Hens are scrambling to find associate homes for Olympic sports. They have been shut out of the A-10, CAA, PL, etc and are vagabonds.

Looking at the strategic move and timing of James Madsion, and it is clear that UD got played like fools. ODU, App State, Georgia Southern, even Costal Carolina and old friend Marshall are in a much better place across the board. UD leadership has really squandered whatever academic and profile advantage they had.

Just hard for anyone in Newark to legitimately spin a league with UTEP, NMSU, Sam Houston and Liberty as "peers" or "rivals" - the Hen faithful are going to be walking the desert for years until and unless they can find their way into a more geographically sensible league with schools that have the similar academic and athletic profiles.

people in the know say that is exactly the plan

aceinthehole
May 13th, 2024, 11:47 AM
people in the know say that is exactly the plan

Of course, that is the only plan that makes sense. That's also why so many non-UD fans have a big smile about this move. You made the right choice late and are now stuck in this uncomfortable limbo for possibly a long time. When you find a better conference, this move will look at lot better, but for now this looks simply like the desperation to leave the CAA.

UD likely missed an opportunity to be in a more fitting league, if they made the move earlier with JMU. Or even the MAC with UMass. Or go to C-USA years ago before it got this ugly. You all laughed at ODU, Georgia State, and even Charlotte. And you are way behind them all today and have a lot of headwinds to be able to catch up.

If UD fans are happy, so be it. This doesn't change anything for me, but it does show that the powers to be in Newark aren't as smart as they should have been. This is going to be a move that is more expensive and bumpy that if they did this a decade ago.

caribbeanhen
May 13th, 2024, 12:35 PM
The decline started when all the WWII vets and their wives who were long-time season ticket holders started passing away in large numbers in the early '00s.

well, that makes sense but the place was packed until Harker started his college boy shenanigans around 2007 or so

Also, the old timers are not being replaced by the younger generation, which brings up the question who will replace them?

it will be very interesting to see what this move up does for the attendance at Delaware

Ridge1982
May 13th, 2024, 02:53 PM
Missouri State could be a bit of a sleeping giant. Now that the school has a more Southern footprint. They will benefit from a much richer recruiting territory,Texas in particular. We saw Nebraska and Colorado both fall without their connection to the Lone Star state. MOST has a lot of potential.
LOL

And yet they got their asses handed to them by the Dakotas who don’t have the population nor the recruiting base the state of Missouri has.

Outsider1
May 13th, 2024, 04:17 PM
LOL

And yet they got their asses handed to them by the Dakotas who don’t have the population nor the recruiting base the state of Missouri has.

Because of their rich histories and high profiles, the Dakotas have a much larger recruiting base than their state or region. Not that Missouri State is going to all of a sudden turn great, but agree that a higher profile, larger footprint and better funding will lead to improved performance. The Dakotas toughened them up for sure...

Cocky
May 14th, 2024, 06:43 AM

James Madison has a lot in common with Tx St, troy st and ULM?

Cocky
May 14th, 2024, 06:49 AM
Congrats, a whole post of total BS! In the last 5 years we have gotten transfers from Ohio State, Iowa State, Nebraska, OU, and Oklahoma State. So in your comment you must be speaking about your program and not actual good FCS teams. And as for the superior talent all I can say is that when we played Colorado St. no one would say that team was superior in talent to us.

Our team last year was better than any we had in FCS, the SBC team ULL we played in the bowl was not as good as several FCS teams we played. The botton isnt as low in FBS but there are FCS teams as good or better than some FBS teams.

The problem FCS has it the high level teams are finding themselves in a small group. With the moves of Delaware and JMU FCS is or has lost the east coast, Mid Atlantic and the South is gone. FCS has became the league of the plains and northern mountains.

NY Crusader 2010
May 14th, 2024, 08:21 PM
James Madison has a lot in common with Tx St, troy st and ULM?

No but they have a lot in common with Marshall, Old Dominion, App State, Coastal Carolina and Georgia Southern. Not really a similar comparison for Delaware in CUSA, sorry.

HootyHoo
May 14th, 2024, 08:39 PM
No but they have a lot in common with Marshall, Old Dominion, App State, Coastal Carolina and Georgia Southern. Not really a similar comparison for Delaware in CUSA, sorry.

Why do the schools have to be similar? CUSA has always had a widespread geographic footprint and many schools passing through on to bigger and better things. The similarity can be ambition and self awareness. CUSA is a stepping stone to the AAC, just like the Sun Belt. No matter how you dress it up.

Both conferences are waiting on the ACC court case ruling. If the ACC has a mass exodus. It’s every school for itself.

NY Crusader 2010
May 14th, 2024, 08:50 PM
Why do the schools have to be similar? CUSA has always had a widespread geographic footprint and many schools passing through on to bigger and better things. The similarity can be ambition and self awareness. CUSA is a stepping stone to the AAC, just like the Sun Belt. No matter how you dress it up.

Both conferences are waiting on the ACC court case ruling. If the ACC has a mass exodus. It’s every school for itself.
I have nothing against C-USA and am more bullish on its future than I was 6 months ago for sure. Just pointing out that comparing the Sun Belt to CUSA now is not really valid. The Sun Belt was a laughingstock in the past but is now a beast of a league. Same upward mobility could happen with this version of CUSA, if they get the right core of schools to mesh and stay together.

HootyHoo
May 14th, 2024, 09:39 PM
I have nothing against C-USA and am more bullish on its future than I was 6 months ago for sure. Just pointing out that comparing the Sun Belt to CUSA now is not really valid. The Sun Belt was a laughingstock in the past but is now a beast of a league. Same upward mobility could happen with this version of CUSA, if they get the right core of schools to mesh and stay together.

Give me a break, can’t be compared? I’m pretty sure CUSA won the head to head Bowl record this season vs the Sun Belt. Liberty is the school that got the G5 New Year’s 6 bowl bid. The Sun Belt is full of schools that love tooting their own horn and thinking they’re great. But when they get on the field, they can’t back it up. Much like the SOCON.

JacksFan40
May 14th, 2024, 11:40 PM
Give me a break, can’t be compared? I’m pretty sure CUSA won the head to head Bowl record this season vs the Sun Belt. Liberty is the school that got the G5 New Year’s 6 bowl bid. The Sun Belt is full of schools that love tooting their own horn and thinking they’re great. But when they get on the field, they can’t back it up. Much like the SOCON.
Liberty only got that NY6 bid because of how bad the G5 is now that UCF, Cincinnati, and Houston are in the Big 12. Look what happened to them against an Oregon team who was missing a few top guys.

The MVFC is legitimately better than most of the SBC, C-USA, and the MAC, and competitive with the MWC and AAC.

Daytripper
May 14th, 2024, 11:52 PM
Liberty only got that NY6 bid because of how bad the G5 is now that UCF, Cincinnati, and Houston are in the Big 12. Look what happened to them against an Oregon team who was missing a few top guys.

The MVFC is legitimately better than most of the SBC, C-USA, and the MAC, and competitive with the MWC and AAC.

LOL. Nope.

The Boogie Down
May 15th, 2024, 01:20 AM
Not sure if Missouri State has been following this board recently. Word is CAA 2.0 is way better than C-USA. Is it too late to reconsider? Can Mo State at least add Bryant to the OOC schedule?

KnightoftheRedFlash
May 15th, 2024, 06:10 AM
LOL. Nope.

Folks always overrate their own.

OhioHen
May 15th, 2024, 06:46 AM
Liberty only got that NY6 bid because the ridiculous transition rules to move from Division I to Division I prohibited JMU from getting it.

FIFY

caribbeanhen
May 15th, 2024, 07:06 AM
Folks always overrate their own.

well, not always in, especially the ones that watch their team on FloSports and then look at AGS top 25 poll

Cocky
May 15th, 2024, 07:23 AM

Delaware doesnt have much in common with those schools, either. Or they have just as much in commone with WKU, Middle, Kennesaw and JSU. None are flagship schools and none have the academic reputation of Delaware. All are FCS call ups. Will give you ODU and JMU were in the same conference.

Delaware would not have had anything in common with UAB, UTSA or UNT in the AAC and it would be the same in any conference in FBS. Unfortanately for any school in any FBS league minus the MAC, and they keep adding teams who are outside of their core, there will be teams a long ways away.

OhioHen
May 15th, 2024, 09:12 AM
Delaware doesnt have much in common with those schools, either... None are flagship schools and none have the academic reputation of Delaware
The only G5 conference with schools of similar academic standing to Delaware is the MAC and that doesn't extend much past Miami University overall.

MR. CHICKEN
May 23rd, 2024, 11:16 PM

....DELAWARE @ MARYLAND....9/9/28.....:D....BRAWK!

aceinthehole
May 24th, 2024, 05:45 AM
Nice game, but this isn't really a big deal. Maryland signed on for 2 games against Towson.

Delaware is never getting a HOME game with the Terps or Rutgers.

caribbeanhen
May 24th, 2024, 06:44 AM
Nice game, but this isn't really a big deal. Maryland signed on for 2 games against Towson.

yep, and they will never go FBS

KPSUL
May 24th, 2024, 08:07 AM
Delaware doesnt have much in common with those schools, either. Or they have just as much in commone with WKU, Middle, Kennesaw and JSU. None are flagship schools and none have the academic reputation of Delaware. All are FCS call ups. Will give you ODU and JMU were in the same conference.

Did you mean commode ?

KPSUL
May 24th, 2024, 08:12 AM

....DELAWARE @ MARYLAND....9/9/28.....:D....BRAWK!

Delaware didn't have to leave the CAA to play the likes of Maryland on he road.

MR. CHICKEN
May 24th, 2024, 08:27 AM
Delaware didn't have to leave the CAA to play the likes of Maryland on he road.

....GOOD TA KNOW...EINSTEIN!.....xsighx......AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
May 24th, 2024, 12:38 PM

YER RIGHT....WE ALREADY LOST 14-7...TO 'EM...IN 2008...SO NO BIGGIE!.....BRAWK!

FUNNY.....AH WAS JES'....ANNOUNCIN' DUH GAME....LIKE...UH....YOU KNOW.....EVERAH-ONE ELSE....IN SEVERAL SKED THREADS....WONDER WHAA.....YOUSE CHOSE THIS GAME......TA DUMP ON....xconfusedx...AWK!

KPSUL
May 24th, 2024, 02:57 PM
....GOOD TA KNOW...EINSTEIN!.....xsighx......AWK!

Wow Mediocrates, what an imaginative response!

MR. CHICKEN
May 25th, 2024, 06:43 AM
Wow Mediocrates, what an imaginative response!

......TO AN INANE STATEMENT.......MEANT TA CHIDE....HENS FANS.......YER LEAVIN'......TOOTSIE POP STICKY......ALL OVER DELAWARE'S MOVE UP THREADS....GUESS YOUSE AN' SPITTIN' BULLS DESKS......WERE NEXT TA EACH OTHER...IN 2nd GRADE.........DOODLE-DDOO!

KPSUL
May 25th, 2024, 07:15 AM

......TO AN INANE STATEMENT.......MEANT TA CHIDE....HENS FANS.......YER LEAVIN'......TOOTSIE POP STICKY......ALL OVER DELAWARE'S MOVE UP THREADS....GUESS YOUSE AN' SPITTIN' BULLS DESKS......WERE NEXT TA EACH OTHER...IN 2nd GRADE.........DOODLE-DDOO!

33327 I'm the biggest Blue Hens fan outside the barnyard this season, I want you to win all your CAA games. 33327