PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Riccio bashing....

Delaware Ghostrider II
September 18th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Well here I am again with another Riccio bashing. Now Now before my fellow Hens fans jump on me...Yes he did have a decent game...but cmon....we were playing West Chester. We were up by sooo much ..why try for a pass play....that resulted in an INT??? Maybe it was just a bad coaching call. Riccio had, what I call, one GOOD pass. That was the 51 yarder to Cauthen. That did get me outta my seat. But 12-24....cmon not very good stats IMO. Yah yah yah I know 176 yards. I am sorry I just dont see him being one of the higher ranked QB's in AA. Then when they brought Carty in....ok let's just run the ball now guys.....he was practically beggin to let him throw some. the secondary for WC was gving him the passes if Keeler would let him throw. In all of my infinite wisom, we should stop searching high and low for the next "superstar QB" and give Carty the shot. I mean he was a back-up for Andy Hall, and he was a back up last year for Riccio.....and now still remains the back-up....give the guy a chance to play! Keeler had the perfect chance to see what the kid could do in a "real" game setting. I mena geeze we were up 28-7 at the half. Perfect time to try him out...but nooo let's leave ole Riccio in and let him throw some more and let him get picked off. I know you probaly are tired of me ranting about how much I dislike Riccio right. Well I'm done for this week. See ya again next Sunday for more Riccio routing.

GO HENS!!!!!!!

HenHouse1
September 19th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Everybody likes the backup quarterback till he starts playing like the backup quarterback. Carty is a nice quarterback, but Riccio is definetly better. You can't fault him for the call of a passing play, he doesn't make the playcalls. He looked fine. Delaware was mainly running short slants, so he really had no opportunity to look downfield. As the game went on, Delaware deployed a more conservative gameplan, so west chester put more players in the box, knowing the run was coming. In the first half, their DBs did a good job of staying with the WRs. We're 2-0. We're in the top 10 nationally. Give Riccio some credit

bluehenbillk
September 19th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Ghostrider you lose credibility when you call for Carty, you don't want to really see that if you want the Hens to be successful. As for where to look if you want to complain about something look at the other side of the ball. We need to shore up our D or we're in trouble.

ChickenMan
September 19th, 2005, 09:30 AM
I doubt if most fans here care to have this topic posted on the AGS board... you would be better served at the UD board... GoHens.net

Delaware Ghostrider II
September 19th, 2005, 10:44 AM
I agree we need alot of work on the D-side.

Baltimore Hen
September 19th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Well here I am again with another Riccio bashing. Now Now before my fellow Hens fans jump on me...Yes he did have a decent game...but cmon....we were playing West Chester. We were up by sooo much ..why try for a pass play....that resulted in an INT??? Maybe it was just a bad coaching call. Riccio had, what I call, one GOOD pass. That was the 51 yarder to Cauthen. That did get me outta my seat. But 12-24....cmon not very good stats IMO. Yah yah yah I know 176 yards. I am sorry I just dont see him being one of the higher ranked QB's in AA. Then when they brought Carty in....ok let's just run the ball now guys.....he was practically beggin to let him throw some. the secondary for WC was gving him the passes if Keeler would let him throw. In all of my infinite wisom, we should stop searching high and low for the next "superstar QB" and give Carty the shot. I mean he was a back-up for Andy Hall, and he was a back up last year for Riccio.....and now still remains the back-up....give the guy a chance to play! Keeler had the perfect chance to see what the kid could do in a "real" game setting. I mena geeze we were up 28-7 at the half. Perfect time to try him out...but nooo let's leave ole Riccio in and let him throw some more and let him get picked off. I know you probaly are tired of me ranting about how much I dislike Riccio right. Well I'm done for this week. See ya again next Sunday for more Riccio routing.

GO HENS!!!!!!!

I would bet that you are also a Raven fan who was calling for Anthony Wright to start. Well all the Boller haters saw what happened yesterday. The backup QB is always the most loved player on the team. Carty did not throw b/c the game was well in hand and they were taking time off the clock. Read a football 101 book.

colgate13
September 19th, 2005, 12:15 PM
FWIW, Carty is no slouch. As I Colgate fan, I'd kill to have him leading our offense this year! :eek:

MadisonFootball
September 23rd, 2005, 11:04 AM
He was our offensive player of the game against Delaware last year!!!

I would make it more of a lighthearted statement but I cant, our offense sucked against UD last year, and UD's defense was fired up, and his int's "saved us."

I think this years game is going to be another barn burner with UD, many weeks to go, but all is shaping up nicely for a bout of epic proportions.

GannonFan
September 23rd, 2005, 11:12 AM
He was our offensive player of the game against Delaware last year!!!

I would make it more of a lighthearted statement but I cant, our offense sucked against UD last year, and UD's defense was fired up, and his int's "saved us."

I think this years game is going to be another barn burner with UD, many weeks to go, but all is shaping up nicely for a bout of epic proportions.

Funny, I didn't think Riccio was on the punt coverage team when JMU scored the decisive punt return that was the difference in the game, and I didn't see him out there on the field goal unit when JMU blocked a chippy FG for the Hens. And with the 3 INT's, only 1 was turned into points - the other two were at mid-field and JMU had to punt on the ensuing possession. Heck, JMU had a pick (turned into 3 points) and 2 fumbles so turnovers were even for the day. Revisionist history about that game is apparently in full force.

putter
September 23rd, 2005, 12:40 PM
This argument sounds very familiar to what is going on in Grizzville.

GannonFan
September 23rd, 2005, 01:01 PM
Sometimes too much success leaves people jaded. Riccio is playing well this year at QB, but certainly not at the level of prior occupants of the position (Hall, Nagy, Vergantino, Gannon, Brunner - UD has a slew of great QB's to challenge any other school) so people are quick to criticize. Riccio looks to be a real solid leader on the field (he is one of 2 captains for the team) and he's really cut down on the turnovers. His stats aren't gaudy but UD is more of a running team than a passing one so that's to be expected. Heck, Riccio does a lot of damage himself on the ground but with half the games so far being against a DII team UD beat fairly easily, there was no need to expose him to any harm so the offense went with a fraction of the playbook (and still scored more than 40). Some people will never like Riccio and the instant he throws a pick, even if he only throws one more all year, people will be calling for his head. But hey, I'll take a 2-0 start with a win over a top 15 IAA team with Riccio at the helm anyday - everything goes well, it will be 3-0 after Saturday.

MadisonFootball
September 24th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Nor was he on the blocked punt in the beginning of the game setting up the first score for JMU, It was a fantastic game to be at.

But here is my reasoning, Rascati threw for 103 yards against Delaware, Riccio threw 3 INTS for cumululative 111 yards in returns, Rushing game was divided among three backs for 63 yards. Therefore our offensive player of the game was Riccio with 111 yards passing, now special teams player of the Game,
Rodney McCarter, Akeem Jordan, and Cortez Thompson.

Our Turnovers netted UD a total of 6 yards, 0 on fumble returns and 6 on INT.

History tells me that this year is going to be a battle worth seeing.

ChickenMan
September 24th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Nor was he on the blocked punt in the beginning of the game setting up the first score for JMU, It was a fantastic game to be at.

But here is my reasoning, Rascati threw for 103 yards against Delaware, Riccio threw 3 INTS for cumululative 111 yards in returns, Rushing game was divided among three backs for 63 yards. Therefore our offensive player of the game was Riccio with 111 yards passing, now special teams player of the Game,
Rodney McCarter, Akeem Jordan, and Cortez Thompson.

Our Turnovers netted UD a total of 6 yards, 0 on fumble returns and 6 on INT.

History tells me that this year is going to be a battle worth seeing.

There were a lot of reasons that UD lost that very winnable game at JMU last year... but QB play wouldn't be my #1... maybe #2 or #3 though... ;)

89Hen
September 24th, 2005, 09:15 AM
There were a lot of reasons that UD lost that very winnable game at JMU last year... but QB play wouldn't be my #1... maybe #2 or #3 though... ;)
1. Not running Omar with first and goal at the F'ing 3.

D 1-G J03 TEAM pass incomplete.
D 2-G J03 Sonny Riccio pass incomplete to Brian Ingram.
D 3-G J03 Sonny Riccio pass incomplete to G.J. Crescione.
D 4-G J03 Timeout James Madison, clock 00:41.
D 4-G J03 Sonny Riccio pass incomplete to David Boler.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: