PDA

View Full Version : UMass-Albany images are up

Umass74
September 18th, 2005, 09:17 AM
I have some UMass-Albany images up on my UMass Football Blog.

Here (http://umass74.blogspot.com/)

As I said earlier, UMass set a school record on defense and I-AA record on safeties. :)

We drew 10,000 in bad weather. Hope to do better next week against undefeated Rhode Island.

The fireworks display was canceled until next week because of weather problems.

Hoo-ah
September 18th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Should be a great game next week between URI's O and UM's D. If they off-set each other it should be interesting to see how the "improved" UM O does against URI's D.

If the weather is nice it should be packed at the game.

89Hen
September 18th, 2005, 09:50 AM
We drew 10,000 in bad weather.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6712/1164/400/richmond%20game%20016.jpg

Umass74
September 18th, 2005, 10:30 AM
It was showering during pre-game.

As I said, it looked bad enough to cancel the fireworks. It was enough to scare off students (who think they'll melt if they get wet)...

Sam Adams
September 18th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Bad weather? LOL. We played albany. Expecting significant interest in that game is ludicrous. Its more akin to a scrimmage. If this scrimmage helps the team improve and get ready for URI - great. Expecting a good crowd for a game with albany is pretty silly. I'd like to see UMass play a more interesting opponent that travels well - e.g. - Youngstown St., Southern, Grambling, Georgia Southern, Wofford, McNeese, Montana, Furman, Northern Iowa, Appy State.

igo4uni
September 18th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Thanks for posting the pics.

I always like to check out pics from games. I especially like cheerleader pics. :)

peace

igo4uni

Umass74
September 18th, 2005, 11:33 AM
I'd like to see UMass play a more interesting opponent that travels well - e.g. - Youngstown St., Southern, Grambling, Georgia Southern, Wofford, McNeese, Montana, Furman, Northern Iowa, Appy State.

Well, would you like to see us make the playoffs? We play three playoff teams from last year. Last year's national champion JMU. UNH gets my vote for #1 this year as well as the Hens away and Army.

That does not leave a lot of room for "interesting" games. Ask Northeastern.

If we had 12 games, so that we would make some money on a 6th home game then maybe. Otherwise, you would just be kissing off the playoffs for nothing.

Umass74
September 18th, 2005, 11:45 AM
igo4uni:

Thanks for the comment. It does take some time to post given Blogger's slow upload.

I too like to see images of other games.

I have to be careful on "honey" shots. The bride watches where I point the camera. I did sneak one in there at the end. :)

Delaware Ghostrider II
September 18th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Hey Sam....kinda like us playing West Chester. Good team to play to see where your problems are at. They deem this game between UD and West Chester....lol...look at the stats over history...not much of a rivalry, also considering UD has won the last 12 meetings. I say drop them from the schedule as UMASS should Albany. Funny thing I remember another score 40-o back in December of 2003!!!!!

saint0917
September 18th, 2005, 03:21 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Rain, Thunder and Lightning just before the game.

saint0917
September 18th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Nice Pics Umass74. And you got a pic of me in there, The picture named "Umass Offense" If you look at the 10 yard markers, I'm the second guy in the white vest just to the right of the marker on the left. The Ref. is right in front of my down marker. You need a magnifying glass to see me but I am there.

bkrownd
September 19th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Expecting a good crowd for a game with albany is pretty silly. I'd like to see UMass play a more interesting opponent that travels well - e.g. - Youngstown St., Southern, Grambling, Georgia Southern, Wofford, McNeese, Montana, Furman, Northern Iowa, Appy State.

Nah. The locals don't know Albany from App-State. Hell, at least people in Amherst have actually HEARD of Albany, unlike those other schools. I don't think any of those teams would bring significant numbers of fans into Amherst, either. UConn used to be one of the few teams who brought a lot of fans. Now Delaware is the only opponent who brings a lot, as far as I know.

Sam Adams
September 19th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Disagree. The opponent matters. Gate brought more fans than Albany has.

Umass74
September 19th, 2005, 06:31 AM
I see you Saint!

The pics are not bad for a Nikon coolpix 4500. The only problem is that at maximum zoom (UMass is not issuing press passes for bloggers as yet) the lens goes to 5.6 F, which is too slow for night games. I get slow shutter speeds. So I have lots of blur.

For some reason the bride has been rejecting my pleas for that 6.2 megapixel Cannon 20D baby I've got my eye on ;)

saint0917
September 19th, 2005, 07:03 AM
I see you Saint!

For some reason the bride has been rejecting my pleas for that 6.2 megapixel Cannon 20D baby I've got my eye on ;)

If you have time stop over and see before the game this Saturday, it should be a good one the Rams are looking tough. And tell your wife to break open that piggy bank so you can get that camera.

W. DeMontague
September 19th, 2005, 11:35 AM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6712/1164/1600/richmond%20game%200341.jpg

UMass indeed...

umassfan
September 19th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I just added pics from the UMass Colgate game here UMass Pics (http://www.umassfan.com/pics.html)

Hoo-ah
September 19th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I see you Saint!

The pics are not bad for a Nikon coolpix 4500. The only problem is that at maximum zoom (UMass is not issuing press passes for bloggers as yet) the lens goes to 5.6 F, which is too slow for night games. I get slow shutter speeds. So I have lots of blur.

74, you're having really good luck taking pictures of the UMass members of AGS without even trying, (me and the Saint).

You need to open a paypal account like umassfan, so we can donate to your camera fund. You should have a "the end" picture every week... :D :D

saint0917
September 19th, 2005, 06:10 PM
You should have a "the end" picture every week... :D :D

I agree, "the end" picture is a must for every game, as long as your wife doesn't catch you, or it will be "the end" of you 74. :D What picture are you in Hoo-ah?

Hoo-ah
September 19th, 2005, 06:22 PM
I agree, "the end" picture is a must for every game, as long as your wife doesn't catch you, or it will be "the end" of you 74. :D What picture are you in Hoo-ah?

I'm in the "press box" picture at the Richmond game. I left a comment explaining my location in the picture. I can't believe I didn't meet the famous UMass 74... :(

Umass74
September 19th, 2005, 07:22 PM
UmassFan: Those are pretty good images. Who took 'em? I know you are in Vegas, so it couldn't be you :confused:

Saint and Hoo-ah:

That image was serendipity.

1. Ends like that with “UMass” printed on them do not occur every game.
2. The bride was away at the concessions stand... :)

umassfan
September 19th, 2005, 07:39 PM
UmassFan: Those are pretty good images. Who took 'em? I know you are in Vegas, so it couldn't be you :confused:

Saint and Hoo-ah:

1. Ends like that with “UMass” printed on them do not occur every game.
2. The bride was away at the concessions stand... :)

AGldFinch6 from the UMass board was the photographer

89Hen
September 19th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Disagree. The opponent matters.
Some places. :p Oh damn, there's that condesending tone Coulson was crying about on the other thread.

89Hen
September 19th, 2005, 07:44 PM
The longer you postpone, the less time you'll have to enjoy it. Even though my Nikon D70 has dropped in price another $100 since I bought it, it was worth every penny. You HAVE to talk her into it. Tell her about all the great family pictures you'll get. ;) :D

saint0917
September 20th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Saint and Hoo-ah:

1. Ends like that with “UMass” printed on them do not occur every game

I doesn't have to have "Umass" printed on them, as long as she has a nice "end" :nod: :D You'll have to send your wife to the concession stand more often. ;)

saint0917
September 20th, 2005, 09:14 AM
I'm in the "press box" picture at the Richmond game. I left a comment explaining my location in the picture. I can't believe I didn't meet the famous UMass 74... :(

Could you or 74 send me the link to the pictures from the Richmond game, I can't find it.

saint0917
September 20th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Could you or 74 send me the link to the pictures from the Richmond game, I can't find it.

Never mind I found it. Nice Hat Hoo-ah

Umass74
September 20th, 2005, 07:17 PM
The longer you postpone, the less time you'll have to enjoy it. Even though my Nikon D70 has dropped in price another $100 since I bought it, it was worth every penny. You HAVE to talk her into it. Tell her about all the great family pictures you'll get.

89Hen:

Women------ what can you do? They don't understand our need for "guy" stuff like cameras, boats or ammo.

Hoo-ah
September 20th, 2005, 08:16 PM
89Hen:

Women------ what can you do? They don't understand our need for "guy" stuff like cameras, boats or ammo.

74: Congrats on being recognized in today's Hampshire Gazette by Matty V. :hurray: :bow: I bet your blog will get more traffic now.

Free registration:

http://www.dailyhampshiregazette.com/umsports/

Umass74
September 21st, 2005, 05:13 AM
Thanks Hoo-ah:

I spent a fair amount of time on the blog.

Site meter has been reporting that I get about 35 unique visits/day and about 100+ page views.

When I post game images on AGS, my traffic triples for a day or so.

So far, the only other site to link to me is colgate13's blog (http://colgate13.blogspot.com/) "the thirteen yard line".