Sept. 6 at Fordham
Sept. 13 New Hampshire
Sept. 20 at Hofstra
Sept. 27 at Boston College
Oct. 4 Brown
Oct. 11 at Towson
Oct. 18 Villanova
Oct. 25 at William & Mary
Nov. 1 UMASS (anyone know why this game is in Kingston again?)
Nov. 15 Maine
Nov. 22 at Northeastern

WrenFGun
January 10th, 2008, 12:48 PM
That's quite the early game for UNH/URI. Pretty happy we won't have to deal with crappy weather, though, hopefully.

89Hen
January 10th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Looks good. Monmouth, Fordham, Brown and BC is about right for the Rams. The UMass thing (if accurate) must be because the whacky CAA scheduling. I seem to remember UD having back to back road or home games with some CAA members.

GannonFan
January 10th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Not sure why UMass is at URI again. But that game can't be easily flipped - you need 4 home and 4 away so if it's wrong then another conference game is wrong too. It would have to be one of the Towson or W&M games - it is odd because you played two South teams on the road last year so no reason to do so again.

Dawg2Rhody
January 10th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Schedule is directly from gorhody.com press release. So I am fairly certain it is accurate.

dgreco
January 10th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I thought for sure they would have scheduled Bryant this year?

me too, I am pretty surprised.

Ram Ball
January 12th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I was also expecting to see Bryant on the schedule. Maybe the opponents were locked in before Bryant went D-1?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Boston College game... and remember playing @ UMass 2 years in a row.

dgreco
January 12th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I was also expecting to see Bryant on the schedule. Maybe the opponents were locked in before Bryant went D-1?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Boston College game... and remember playing @ UMass 2 years in a row.

I assume both URI/Bryant would like to play games in the future. It saves on travel and its good to have local rivalries.

I do know the baseball teams are playing next year, and Softball played this year(tournament between Bryant/Brown/URI)

brownbear
January 12th, 2008, 10:24 PM
For Brown to play Bryant in football, either Holy Cross or Stony Brook needs to back out of their games, or it won't happen until 2011. Brown and Bryant did play a scrimmage this year. My guess is they'll play in other sports (Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Baseball, etc). Does Bryant play varsity hockey?

dgreco
January 13th, 2008, 05:57 AM
For Brown to play Bryant in football, either Holy Cross or Stony Brook needs to back out of their games, or it won't happen until 2011. Brown and Bryant did play a scrimmage this year. My guess is they'll play in other sports (Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Baseball, etc). Does Bryant play varsity hockey?
No hockey, but since the NEC doesn't sponsor men's swimming I could really see them dropping that and making their club hockey an NCAA team.

The men are not that good, but the club hockey team is good. Also, I do not think Brown would pick up Bryant in football for a while, or if ever, because of the 10 game schedule. I do think they will play in other sports. According to the AD Baseball has alread started their 2009 schedule, and it includes. FAU, FIU, BYU, Brown, URI, JMU, UConn and BC. I think this will follow suit in most sports. What surprises me the most this is the 4th time Bryant has scheduled BYU for a sport and is traveling to them. Seems a little odd to me. (Sorry to get off topic)

Cobblestone
January 13th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I sure would rather see Bryant on our schedule than Monmouth. It shouldn't make a difference if Bryant is D-II or FCS, we played them before and should have scheduled them again. I'm hoping by 2009 Bryant, URI and Brown all play eachother every season. Make the awarding of the Governor's Cup similar to the Commander-In-Chief's trophy instead of going to the winner of just one game.

dgreco
January 13th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I sure would rather see Bryant on our schedule than Monmouth. It shouldn't make a difference if Bryant is D-II or FCS, we played them before and should have scheduled them again. I'm hoping by 2009 Bryant, URI and Brown all play eachother every season. Make the awarding of the Governor's Cup similar to the Commander-In-Chief's trophy instead of going to the winner of just one game.

so create like an all sports award? for the three teams? I think it would be cool if you add PC too. It would be hard since PC doesn't sponsor a lot of sports anymore.

Anyway, have all 4 teams or all 3 play in every sport and then award points and hav the winner at the end of the academic year.

Brad82
January 14th, 2008, 08:21 AM
long-term,Bryant is better choice than Monmouth and I bet you see it happen. But,short-term (a couple of years) not a big deal. Rhody needs to stop winning.

Cobblestone
January 14th, 2008, 11:13 AM
so create like an all sports award? for the three teams? I think it would be cool if you add PC too. It would be hard since PC doesn't sponsor a lot of sports anymore.

Anyway, have all 4 teams or all 3 play in every sport and then award points and hav the winner at the end of the academic year.

Whaaaat? Do you know anything about the Commander-In-Chief Trophy and how it is awarded? Perhaps you should look it up. xreadx

dgreco
January 14th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Whaaaat? Do you know anything about the Commander-In-Chief Trophy and how it is awarded? Perhaps you should look it up. xreadx

I know the federal schools football thing, but I was thinking along different lines. I was thinking more along the lines of an all sports trophy at the end of the year. the governors cup could be just a football tradition, but I think an all sports all year thing would be more fun. It would also draw more fans throughout the seasons.

dgreco
January 14th, 2008, 01:30 PM
when does Bryants schedule come out?

I emailed bill smith, and he said until they have their entire schedule (12) games they will not let any info out. I asked to see who they were talking to or who they have so far and he basically told me to wait.