PDA

View Full Version : From the desk of THE Citdog!!!!

appstate38
January 8th, 2008, 02:23 PM
SOCON RIVAL LAUDS ASU: Southern Conference-rival The Citadel presented ASU director of athletics Charlie Cobb with a letter congratulating Appalachian on its unprecedented third-straight national championship at halftime of Saturday’s men’s basketball contest between the Mountaineers and Bulldogs in Charleston, S.C.

The letter reads:

Dear Mr. Cobb:

On behalf of The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, please extend our most sincere congratulations to Coach Jerry Moore, the coaches, staff and athletes of the Mountaineer football program, and the entire Appalachian State University community on winning the 2007 Football Championship Subdivision national title.

We look forward to the annual competition on the football field with your outstanding university, and we take great pride in the fact that the Southern Conference continually ranks among the nation’s best. With an almost unprecedented three consecutive national championships, Appalachian State University plays a large part in supporting that claim.

With the exception of your contests with The Citadel Bulldogs, we send best wishes for continued football success in the future, and sincere thanks for keeping the Southern Conference in the national spotlight.

Sincerely,
John W. Rosa
Lieutenant General, USAF (Retired)
President

Les Robinson
Director of Athletics

For the full context http://www.goasu.com/article/11424/

Thanks Citdog for all the lovexsmiley_wix

asu7
January 8th, 2008, 02:39 PM
SOCON RIVAL LAUDS ASU: Southern Conference-rival The Citadel presented ASU director of athletics Charlie Cobb with a letter congratulating Appalachian on its unprecedented third-straight national championship at halftime of Saturday’s men’s basketball contest between the Mountaineers and Bulldogs in Charleston, S.C.

The letter reads:

Dear Mr. Cobb:

On behalf of The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, please extend our most sincere congratulations to Coach Jerry Moore, the coaches, staff and athletes of the Mountaineer football program, and the entire Appalachian State University community on winning the 2007 Football Championship Subdivision national title.

We look forward to the annual competition on the football field with your outstanding university, and we take great pride in the fact that the Southern Conference continually ranks among the nation’s best. With an almost unprecedented three consecutive national championships, Appalachian State University plays a large part in supporting that claim.

With the exception of your contests with The Citadel Bulldogs, we send best wishes for continued football success in the future, and sincere thanks for keeping the Southern Conference in the national spotlight.

Sincerely,
John W. Rosa
President

Les Robinson
Director of Athletics

Classy very classy ...

I have the utmost respect for THE CITADEL!xbowx

Look forward to playing you guys next year at THE ROCK!

Go...gate
January 8th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Now that is a class act.

Here's to The Citadel!

appst97
January 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Here Here!

OL FU
January 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Nice congratulations.

Just be glad your mascot isn't a horsexnodx
http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/Horse_with_blinders_small.jpg
So which way is the stud farmxconfusedx

KiddBrewer
January 8th, 2008, 04:00 PM
very nice gesture. xthumbsupx

Biff
January 8th, 2008, 04:01 PM
The only unfortunate thing was the size of the crowd that witnessed the presentation. It was quite small.

Also, our president was the starting QB during his time as a cadet. So he has respect for the athletic programs that some presidents don't.

james_lawfirm
January 8th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Here, here.

That is a classy letter. xbowx xbowx xbowx I must confess I have not met too many Lieutenant Generals. I am sure this one is a fine fellow.

My only visit to The Citadel was this past season for the ASU game. Thoroughly enjoyed the fine alumni I met & tailgated with.

phillyAPP
January 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Here, here.

That is a classy letter. xbowx xbowx xbowx I must confess I have not met too many Lieutenant Generals. I am sure this one is a fine fellow.

My only visit to The Citadel was this past season for the ASU game. Thoroughly enjoyed the fine alumni I met & tailgated with.

I TOTALLY AGREE , game atmosphere,tailgating, and the Cit fans.

THANK YOU CITADEL xbowx xbowx xbowx

What about the SOCON? This makes them look alittle small or did I miss them caring?

Appinator
January 8th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Very Classy.

Seawolf97
January 8th, 2008, 07:24 PM
A class act by The Citadel to recognize a class football programxthumbsupx

ERASU2113
January 8th, 2008, 08:20 PM

The letter reads:

Dear Mr. Cobb:

Sincerely,
John W. Rosa
President

Les Robinson
Director of Athletics

Wow very classy. I have the utmost respect for The Citadel and this letter is just backing to that claim.

By the way, thanks citdog :D xthumbsupx

HaveFunKc
January 8th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE , game atmosphere,tailgating, and the Cit fans.

THANK YOU CITADEL xbowx xbowx xbowx

Sir, Yes Sir! First Rate Bulldogs, Sir!

P.S. Attended the same game (been too long since I was last at Haygood)... I missed those cannons going off!! Shook the entire stands - awesome!!! xthumbsupx

seantaylor
January 9th, 2008, 03:40 AM
El Cid sends one of these letters out every year to apologize for their garbage teams in the Socon.

Biff
January 9th, 2008, 06:57 AM
El Cid sends one of these letters out every year to apologize for their garbage teams in the Socon.

Don't hate just because GSU has to go out and get thugs to even put a football team on the field.

Tribe4SF
January 9th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Well, this little SoCon lovefest didn't last long!xlolx

OL FU
January 9th, 2008, 07:17 AM

The only thing we hate more than the other SoCon members are former SoCon members:p xsmiley_wix

Tribe4SF
January 9th, 2008, 07:27 AM
The only thing we hate more than the other SoCon members are former SoCon members:p xsmiley_wix

AAUUUGGGGHHHHH!!! MY HEART!xbawlingx

citdog
January 9th, 2008, 07:41 AM
El Cid sends one of these letters out every year to apologize TO the garbage teams in the Socon.

DID YOU GET ONE?

lizrdgizrd
January 9th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Class act. xthumbsupx

dgreco
January 9th, 2008, 08:15 AM
really enjoyed that.

Biff
January 9th, 2008, 08:17 AM

He started it.

WUTNDITWAA
January 9th, 2008, 10:38 AM
The only thing we hate more than the other SoCon members are former SoCon members, who now spout CAA/A-10 superiority:p xsmiley_wix

Fixed it for you. :D

Mountaineer#96
January 9th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I met General Rosa in Charlotte last year when he came to speak to the local alum's and see some of the local soon to be knobs.

He is a total class act and a hell of a fighter pilot as well. This letter does not surprise me one bit. I am a huge fan of the General, he gives one heck of a hand shake and salute too.

CID1990
January 9th, 2008, 09:34 PM

Hello Kettle? This is Pot.

You're black!

Tubby Raymond
January 10th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Now you can let go of that Civil War loss

citdog
January 11th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Civil War

I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THAT TERM

lizrdgizrd
January 11th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THAT TERM
I believe Mr. Raymond was referring to the Late Unpleasantness with which you are intimately acquainted.

ASU
January 11th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I believe Mr. Raymond was referring to the Late Unpleasantness with which you are intimately acquainted.

Maybe so but around Charlotte we call it that, "Unjustifiable war of northern agression against a peaceful people that were exercising their God given rights of self determination."

But your term is shorter.

lizrdgizrd
January 11th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Maybe so but around Charlotte we call it that, "Unjustifiable war of northern agression against a peaceful people that were exercising their God given rights of self determination."

A gentleman prefers to avoid the n word if possible. xpeacex

citdog
January 11th, 2008, 10:15 AM

VERY NICE!

rep pts

Eyes of Old Main
January 13th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Classy move on the part of El Cid's leadership.

CID1990
January 14th, 2008, 03:06 PM
is the Citidel for those who could not get into West Point?

From your spelling, I would guess that YOU went to West Point.

Seawolf97
January 14th, 2008, 07:34 PM

OH BOYxnonox

AppMan
January 14th, 2008, 08:34 PM

The letter reads:

Dear Mr. Cobb:

Sincerely,
John W. Rosa
President

Les Robinson
Director of Athletics

See! Not everybody hates us! I can feel the love from Charleston all the way up here in Charlotte!!!!!

AppMan
January 14th, 2008, 08:37 PM
WUTNDITWAA

"They say things are getting worse, but I beg to differ. My daughter, who is in first grade, lives in a world where the New York Yankees have never won a World Series, the Dallas Cowboys have never won a Super Bowl and Georgia Southern has never won a National Championship."

Amen! Not only do I like your name, I love your tag line!

Biff
January 15th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Is VMI considered higher than THE Citidel?

Technically we are equivalent in terms of acedemics, but VMI hasn't played football lately.

citdog
January 15th, 2008, 07:58 AM

THE CITADEL is for those who are much to TOUGH for Hudson High

citdog
January 15th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Is VMI considered higher than the Citidel?

only by incredible douches who know nothing like you.

lizrdgizrd
January 15th, 2008, 09:12 AM
relax, i'm just messin with ya.xsmiley_wix
That was his version of messin also. xeyebrowx xnodx xlolx

Rekdiver
January 15th, 2008, 12:59 PM
He's still got cannon pointed at Ft. Sumter.....He's kinda edgy about anyone messin' with him. xsmiley_wix

08Dawg
January 15th, 2008, 03:20 PM

Where're my black cover and gloves???

BRACE, SMACK!!

The only way VMI could EVER be considered higher than The Citadel is if one considered it's position latitudinally in relation to Charleston. Let's see a West Point grad make THAT comparison!

Appaholic
January 15th, 2008, 08:42 PM

Long answer = Citdog's response
Short answer = YES.....

ERASU2113
January 15th, 2008, 08:49 PM
See! Not everybody hates us! I can feel the love from Charleston all the way up here in Charlotte!!!!!

You can feel it in there but I feel the love all the way here in Boone :D

Appaholic
January 15th, 2008, 09:04 PM

You be the judge.....xwhistlex ....(notice the female VMI cheerleader man-handling citadel bellhop to the ground and then looking for more....they back away like it's 1865......)

http://www.mentalfunk.com/movies/vmi-cheerleader-throwsdown.html

citdog
January 16th, 2008, 07:37 AM
You be the judge.....xwhistlex ....(notice the female VMI cheerleader man-handling citadel bellhop to the ground and then looking for more....they back away like it's 1865......)

http://www.mentalfunk.com/movies/vmi-cheerleader-throwsdown.html

APPAHOLIC=PIRCK