PDA

View Full Version : SFA Backs Out of Div II Game - Fears Another Loss to Sub-Div I

TexasTerror
January 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM
SFA has apparently backed out of their game against Abilene Christian according to this Lonestar Conference blog. SFA has lost two Div II schools the last few years -- Delta State and Tarleton State. Almost lost to a third, Henderson State.

SFA's OOC slate includes road games at TCU (9/6) and WIU (9/20) plus a home date against South Dakota St (9/27)
-----------------------------
ACU loses 2008 game against Stephen F. Austin

The LSC Scoop has learned that the game between ACU and Stephen F. Austin in the upcoming 2008 season has been cancelled by SFA.

According to sources, SFA will pay ACU the buyout amount agreed to in their contract.

Our source advised that SFA "didn't want anything to do with ACU" because of where both programs stand at the moment.

ACU is looking to fill that spot in their schedule, and possibly looking to add another game as well.

Stay tuned for updates.

http://thelscscoop.blogspot.com/2008/01/acu-loses-2008-game-against-stephen-f.html

dgreco
January 7th, 2008, 04:31 PM
they should be playing Bryant next year. :D

GeauxLions94
January 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM
SFA has apparently backed out of their game against Abilene Christian according to this Lonestar Conference blog. SFA has lost two Div II schools the last few years -- Delta State and Tarleton State. Almost lost to a third, Henderson State.

SFA's OOC slate includes road games at TCU (9/6) and WIU (9/20) plus a home date against South Dakota St (9/27)
-----------------------------
ACU loses 2008 game against Stephen F. Austin

The LSC Scoop has learned that the game between ACU and Stephen F. Austin in the upcoming 2008 season has been cancelled by SFA.

According to sources, SFA will pay ACU the buyout amount agreed to in their contract.

Our source advised that SFA "didn't want anything to do with ACU" because of where both programs stand at the moment.

ACU is looking to fill that spot in their schedule, and possibly looking to add another game as well.

Stay tuned for updates.

http://thelscscoop.blogspot.com/2008/01/acu-loses-2008-game-against-stephen-f.html

As of now, SFA's OOC schedule looks like this ...
9/6 - at TCU - LOSS
9/20 - at Western Illinois - LOSS
9/27 - South Dakota State - LOSS

Not looking good in the Piney Woods for the 'Jacks xrotatehx

slostang
January 7th, 2008, 04:58 PM
They need to add Cal Poly to their schedule. Cal Poly has games in 2008 against Loisianna Southland members McNeese State and Northwestern State, I would like to see them add one of the Texas teams.

BEAR
January 7th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Crap. Hey, maybe my team can schedule ACU again this year. Better than that NAIA team we have as a 12th game this year. :o

UCA vs. ACU...the mirror bowl. xlolx

UCAMonkey
January 11th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Crap. Hey, maybe my team can schedule ACU again this year. Better than that NAIA team we have as a 12th game this year. :o

UCA vs. ACU...the mirror bowl. xlolx

ACU has a great team and can beat a number of very good teams in the FCS. I don't blame SFA for dropping them after going 0-11 last year. If they are going to lose they mine as well lose to someone in our division or reschedule an easy D2.

Their OC is our former OC/QB Ken Collums. They usually average 30+ pts a game. xthumbsupx

GeauxLions94
January 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM
ACU has a great team and can beat a number of very good teams in the FCS. I don't blame SFA for dropping them after going 0-11 last year. If they are going to lose they mine as well lose to someone in our division or reschedule an easy D2.

Their OC is our former OC/QB Ken Collums. They usually average 30+ pts a game. xthumbsupx

Did someone mention Kentucky Wesleyan???