PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Wofford

GSU Eagle
September 17th, 2005, 09:23 PM
This is getting too frequent but congratulations Wofford. You guys were the more disciplined and better team. Exactly what I was afraid of happened-- You guys kept the ball and ran the clock. You had lots of rushing yardage. We just are not a very good team right now. This may very well be a long year for us.

dungeonjoe
September 17th, 2005, 09:25 PM
listening to the stats, GSU still had a great game 350+ yards. Collier was the difference for us, adding a wrinkle in that he ran the ball whereas he didn't the last two weeks.

GaSouthern
September 17th, 2005, 09:27 PM
congrats, I trimble thinking about this seasons future outcome.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 17th, 2005, 09:40 PM
I'm so embarassed about how our fans are acting on the tsc message board :o :mad: They are a bunch of knee-jerk panicking cockroaches.

You guys have a killer offense that's for sure. Our turnovers are what killed us, just like last week with McNeese.

ChickenMan
September 17th, 2005, 10:11 PM
There is no joy in Mudville (Stateboro) tonight... :(

walliver
September 17th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't count the Eagles out yet. In 2001 they started 1-2 but didn't lose again until the national semifinals.

GSU's offense didn't look like the offense we've all come to hate. Traditionally, the Eagles have run a very simple offense, but executed flawlessly. Tonight, there were great individual performances, but the Eagles offense doesn't seem to have come together as a unit.

The Terrier offense finally seems to have come together, but some bizarre play-calling by Wade Lang and a number of broken plays in key situations is still somewhat worrisome.

DemiGS
September 17th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Get use to this folks. Beating GSU this year isn't something to pull the post down for. The mood amongst many fans is getting down right mutinous. It’s really a shame that the level of play at GSU has been taken to a low not seen since the mid-90’s. I do think we will get marginally better as the season goes on. Even a team without any coaching staff would develop better timing, and become more familiar with schemes, etc. But we have (re)entered a dark age for Georgia Southern football.
Now…a “what if” for the board. If Sewak were canned after this season, are there any prospects for HC? I assume we would have to go outside the program to get beyond the current culture of half-assed preparation/play. Also, is there any hope that Erk may rebuild relations with the program in the post Sewak era?

blukeys
September 17th, 2005, 11:46 PM
How much money would it take for you guys to get Paul Johnson back?

DemiGS
September 17th, 2005, 11:48 PM

More then we can pay I'm sure.

DotCat
September 18th, 2005, 08:00 AM
The SoCon is looking interesting so far this season. Congrats Wofford, see you in a few weeks.

blueballs
September 18th, 2005, 10:31 AM

Would you leave the US Naval Academy where you have reborn a formerly downtrodden program and a $750k/yr salary to go to 1-AA?

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
September 18th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Betcha Bill Callahan will be available at the end of this season.

(looks like there's at least a reasonable chance Bobby Hauck will be, too :( )

Saint3333
September 18th, 2005, 11:16 AM
I like playing GSU in October because it usually has more playoff and SoCon implications at that time, but catching GSU earlier in the season does pay off and Wofford has taken advantage of that recently.

I bet by Oct. 15th GSU will have grown into their offense...

blukeys
September 18th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Would you leave the US Naval Academy where you have reborn a formerly downtrodden program and a $750k/yr salary to go to 1-AA?

Forgot my emoticonson on the first post BB. :) I was being facetious. PJ seems perfectly content at Navy. After seeing Navy in person in 03,04 I came away impressed with PJ's halftime adjustments and ability to switch up schemes. GSU will have to find help elsewhere. ;) ;)

eaglesrthe1
September 18th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Looks like I was not premature in leaving GSU off of my poll last week. :(

WallyTerrier
September 20th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Truly, not wanting to be seen as a Johnnie-come-lately but I was shocked with the outcome. One of my buddies in Spartanburg told me before the game that Wofford was a much better team then others thought. Of course, its too early to really tell anything now. Potential is there for an 8-3 or 9-2 year. APP ST, FU and WCU will be tough games as always. AND there is always the proverbial upset loss.
OTOH, it may turn out to be a 6-5 or 5-6 year if we don't pass or pass defend better.