PDA

View Full Version : Best OOC Matchups in 2008

TexasTerror
January 5th, 2008, 04:11 PM
So, the schedules are starting to form (or they better have started, or your AD/HC are in big trouble!)...so, what are the big OOC games next year?

A few of my early faves...

Montana @ Cal Poly
Florida A&M @ Southern
Delaware @ Furman
Appalachian St @ James Madison
Richmond @ Elon

Any others that we need to keep our eyes out for? Here's hoping SHSU has an attractive OOC foe to add to the list -- we host NDSU in 2009! ;)

SuperJon
January 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM
One of the best late-season non-conference games will be Elon at Liberty on the last weekend of the season. Liberty didn't show up this year and Elon completely blasted them, but both teams seemed to be paralleled in terms of new coaches and reviving dead programs. It could likely determine which team makes the playoffs and which doesn't next year.

slostang
January 5th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Cal Poly @ McNeese State Sept. 13th.

Appguy
January 5th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Liberty needs some tougher opponents before id talk about playoffs. who all do they play besides Elon next year?

Go...gate
January 5th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Furman @ Colgate

Eyes of Old Main
January 5th, 2008, 05:50 PM
As usual, Wofford probably won't have any marquee OOC FCS matchups.

TexasTerror
January 5th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Liberty needs some tougher opponents before id talk about playoffs. who all do they play besides Elon next year?

vs North Greenville
at W Carolina
vs Youngstown St
vs North Carolina Central
vs Elon

grizband
January 5th, 2008, 06:40 PM
vs North Greenville
at W Carolina
vs Youngstown St
vs Elon
Not a terrible OOC schedule.

furman94
January 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
FU vs Delaware
FU at Colgate
FU vs The Turkeys of Tech!

AZJack
January 5th, 2008, 07:10 PM
McNeese coming up to SDSU should be a good one.

slostang
January 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM

Cal Poly @ SDSU should also be a good one.

SuperJon
January 5th, 2008, 07:24 PM

A win against Toledo or W&M last year and we would've been in.

vs North Greenville
at W Carolina
vs Youngstown St
vs Elon

One game's left to be scheduled. It's going to be the second week of the year. The game against Youngstown is actually at Youngstown, not home. The game we're looking to fill in Week 2 will likely be a home game. The deal with WCU was signed when Western was good, we just haven't been able to return it until this year.

Proud Griz Man
January 5th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Cal Poly @ McNeese State Sept. 13th.

But the weekend before 9/13/08 you will play who ?????

Should be a good game. xthumbsupx

footballer23
January 5th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I wish I could comment on our OOC schedule... but we really don't have one yet. As of right now our lone game is Central Connecticut State.

ngineer
January 5th, 2008, 11:32 PM
September 13 Lehigh travels to Villanova. Just an hour south down the Turnpike. From what I read, the Wildcats appear to be one of the favorites in the CAA this coming Fall, and possible Top Ten preseason pick, so it will be a big challenge for the Mountain Hawks. Away game later in October at Harvard will be no picnic either.

slostang
January 5th, 2008, 11:33 PM
But the weekend before 9/13/08 you will play who ?????

Should be a good game. xthumbsupx
I agree. I would have posted that game, but TT started the thread with it. I'll see you there.

I wish I could comment on our OOC schedule... but we really don't have one yet. As of right now our lone game is Central Connecticut State.

I have heard that Cal Poly will traveling to Fargo in 2008. If so, it should be another great game.

yosef1969
January 5th, 2008, 11:52 PM

One game's left to be scheduled. It's going to be the second week of the year. The game against Youngstown is actually at Youngstown, not home. The game we're looking to fill in Week 2 will likely be a home game. The deal with WCU was signed when Western was good, we just haven't been able to return it until this year.

??? The WCU game was scheduled in the early 1980's?;)

ursus arctos horribilis
January 6th, 2008, 12:02 AM
As far as OOC goes I am looking forward to our games with GWFC counters and I am hopeful but don't necessarily believe we could win both the GWFC and Big Sky titles next year in spite of the fact that we're gonna have a pretty young team.

Tribe4SF
January 6th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Norfolk State visits W&M on 9/20.

Jerbearasu
January 6th, 2008, 06:54 AM
vs North Greenville
at W Carolina
vs Youngstown St
vs Elon

That is a good OOC but I still think anything more than one loss and you will be on the outside of the playoff hunt come Turkey Day 08...

Jerbearasu
January 6th, 2008, 06:54 AM
??? The WCU game was scheduled in the early 1980's?;)

Nice!

Biff
January 6th, 2008, 09:14 AM
The Citadel vs. Princeton

2008 in Charleston
2009 up there

Appguy
January 6th, 2008, 01:51 PM

beating W&M wouldn't have gotten you in IMO. Toledo prob would have though.

Ivytalk
January 6th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Harvard has Lafayette, Lehigh and Holy Cross again, with the latter two at home. Challenging, but "same old, same old."xrolleyesx

DFW HOYA
January 6th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Georgetown will play Richmond, Yale, and Penn.

McTailGator
January 6th, 2008, 03:55 PM

I think McNeese will have three good OOC games:

UNC on 30-Aug
Cal-Poly on 13 Sept.
SDSU on 4-Oct.

Glad to have some compeditive teams this year on our schedule.

MplsBison
January 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Montana @ Cal Poly

Montana traveling to an FCS stadium outside of the Big Sky?

I'll believe it when I see it.

etiger
January 6th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Towson is playing Navy, Columbia and Costal Carolina. Nice OCC
schedule. A BCS team, Ivy and Big South.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 6th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Montana traveling to an FCS stadium outside of the Big Sky?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Good one there Bison. Glad to see you didn't go with the same old hack BS!

Seawolf97
January 6th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I think our OOC is pretty solid this year.
Home- Colgate, Elon and Hofstra
Away- Brown and Maine and one to be announced since we only play 5 Big South teams this season.. So far not bad - 2 CAA teams, 1 Ivy, 1 Southern Conference and Patriot League team.

andy7171
January 7th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Towson is playing Navy, Columbia and Costal Carolina. Nice OCC
schedule. A BCS team, Ivy and Big South.
I wasn't aware of the Columbia game. xthumbsupx
Don't forget Morgan State, they're due. :D

That gives Towson a full 12 game schedule. NICE!

Oh yeah, welcome aboard etiger!

JoshUCA
January 7th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I like our OOC matchups vs. UC Davis and @ Tulsa

citdog
January 7th, 2008, 11:49 AM
The Ivy League will FINALLY PLAY a team from the FCS's preeminent conference, THE SOUTHERN CONFERENCE, and will try and show that the Ivy League members really deserve to be considered with the best in the country. Princeton will visit the Southern Confederacy for an OOC matchup with The Citadel Bulldogs at General Johnson Hagood, CSA Stadium in Charleston, SC. Unless a Math Meet breaks out in the second quarter I like the Cadets by 4 td's.xnodx

Cobblestone
January 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Our biggest OOC game (FCS) is against Brown.

I've asked our A.D. to look into getting the Citadel on our schedule in 2009.

putter
January 7th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I would have to vote for App @ JMU. After that playoff game, this one will have a little more edge then just another OOC game.

DetroitFlyer
January 7th, 2008, 05:01 PM
The best one I have heard of is Jacksonville of the PFL playing at App State. How cool will it be when a low level PFL team knocks off App State in Boone?

DetroitFlyer
January 7th, 2008, 05:08 PM
The Jacksonville newspaper agrees that JU will play Appalachian St.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/010508/spf_231661564.shtml

$100K plus expenses

OK, I figured you would not believe me.... The JVille paper says JU will get 100K plus travel expenses for the game! Go JU and go PFL baby!!!!!

danefan
January 7th, 2008, 05:14 PM
The Jacksonville newspaper agrees that JU will play Appalachian St.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/010508/spf_231661564.shtml

$100K plus expenses

OK, I figured you would not believe me.... The JVille paper says JU will get 100K plus travel expenses for the game! Go JU and go PFL baby!!!!!

That's great for the PFL! Now we need Dayton (clearly the long-term top shelf of the PFL) to schedule some tough OOC teams.

Saint3333
January 7th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I would have to vote for App @ JMU. After that playoff game, this one will have a little more edge then just another OOC game.

It is also the clash of the last two 1-AA/FCS champions, just like in 2006.

Seawolf97
January 8th, 2008, 09:22 PM
The best one I have heard of is Jacksonville of the PFL playing at App State. How cool will it be when a low level PFL team knocks off App State in Boone?

Good for Jacksonville but knock off ! HMMM?xcoffeex

Seawolf97
January 8th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Just an observation but it looks like the Ivy teams are expanding their schedules a bit this year.

Columbia at Towson
Princeton at The Citadel
Stonybrook at Brown

Good to see it!

Blazerbird
January 9th, 2008, 11:25 PM
How about the Eagles of Eastern Washington at Colorado?

drpnut
January 10th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Wofford's OCC is not super but we do play South Carolina again, in what will be a game we can win. We scared them in 2006, and I believe we could bite them in 08.

dgreco
January 10th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Iona vs. Bryant ?

CID1990
January 10th, 2008, 09:54 AM
That's great for the PFL! Now we need Dayton (clearly the long-term top shelf of the PFL) to schedule some tough OOC teams.

While we are talking about snowballs in Hell, Davidson could also actually start playing football in THEIR OWN CONFERENCE.

citdog
January 10th, 2008, 09:59 AM
While we are talking about snowballs in Hell, Davidson could also actually start playing football in THEIR OWN CONFERENCE.

NOT LIKELY!

footballer23
January 10th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I have heard that Cal Poly will traveling to Fargo in 2008. If so, it should be another great game.

I've heard that, too... but nothing official yet. That would be one helluva game, though. It's a good rivalry that really seems to be taking off.