PDA

View Full Version : Southern's expansion project to begin.

813Jag
January 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Finally! Progress has been made, the project (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/13214692.html?showAll=y&c=y) offically begins in Feburary after much dealy.
http://media.2theadvocate.com/images/mumford+exp+010508.jpg

Go Poly
January 5th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Finally! Progress has been made, the project (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/13214692.html?showAll=y&c=y) offically begins in Feburary after much dealy.
http://media.2theadvocate.com/images/mumford+exp+010508.jpg

Is there a link to the renderings of the specific seat expansion?

citdog
January 5th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Southern Expansion? I REALLY like the sound of that!xlolx xnodx xrotatehx :D xrulesx xthumbsupx

813Jag
January 5th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Is there a link to the renderings of the specific seat expansion?
Here they are (http://www.subr.edu/stadiumproject/).

813Jag
January 5th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Southern Expansion? I REALLY like the sound of that!xlolx xnodx xrotatehx :D xrulesx xthumbsupx
I knew you would.

slostang
January 5th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Looks great. When do they expect to have it completed?

813Jag
January 5th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Looks great. When do they expect to have it completed?
Should be finished in June of '09.

MACHIAVELLI
January 5th, 2008, 04:15 PM
When was this project first proposed?

bluedog
January 5th, 2008, 06:07 PM
When was this project first proposed?

Two years ago. About six years sooner then when *ramblings started begging for their fresh paint and home depot utility house.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 5th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Here they are (http://www.subr.edu/stadiumproject/).

Those are old. These are closer to what they are going to build, but they have changed these also.

http://members.cox.net/trey636/BOND%20PROJECT.pdf

ursus arctos horribilis
January 6th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Man that is a sweet looking set up there. If there are links, I would like to see the progression.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 6th, 2008, 09:05 AM
:D

MACHIAVELLI
January 7th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Two years ago. About six years sooner then when *ramblings started begging for their fresh paint and home depot utility house.

It sad that a simple question can turn into a hostile response. Good luck on the field house construction.

mikebigg
January 13th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Glad to see it's in motion... SU has renewed matchups with TnState and FAMU. I expect both of those to be well attended and the extra seating will come in handy. Also during the JSU game. If PV continues to improve and TxSU comes on under Cole, then that will be more attractive home and home games that should be well attended in Mumford. Good job!

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 15th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Glad to see it's in motion... SU has renewed matchups with TnState and FAMU. I expect both of those to be well attended and the extra seating will come in handy. Also during the JSU game. If PV continues to improve and TxSU comes on under Cole, then that will be more attractive home and home games that should be well attended in Mumford. Good job!

With the 50,000 sqare foot complex, SU by far will have the best FCS facilities in Louisiana.

McTailGator
January 16th, 2008, 12:00 PM
With the 50,000 sqare foot complex, SU by far will have the best FCS facilities in Louisiana.

So, I beg to differ... But I am Bias...

McNeese's weight room will feature a 40 yard indoor track and will be the largest in the state.

http://www.mcneesefieldhouse.com/images/fieldhouse01.jpg

BgJag
January 16th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Can we all in Louisiana FCS get along?xsmiley_wix It's good to see the others schools are finally getting some must needed improvement, just wish we could get a fraction of what that school cross town from Southern get. Congrats to the Cowboys and my school but we all still have alot of work to do. xcoffeex xreadx

slostang
January 16th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Sounds to me that both schools have a lot to look forward to. Congrats to both SU and McNeese State. I am always happy to see improvements at FCS facilities. Enjoy.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM
So, I beg to differ... But I am Bias...

McNeese's weight room will feature a 40 yard indoor track and will be the largest in the state.

http://www.mcneesefieldhouse.com/images/fieldhouse01.jpg
Like I said,SU's 16 million dollar, 50,000 sq ft. facility will be the best FCS in the state. How is 47 bigger than 50 xlolx .

GAD
January 16th, 2008, 04:16 PM
When we eventually make it to Lake Charles will you give us a tour?xsmiley_wix

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 16th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Can we all in Louisiana FCS get along?xsmiley_wix It's good to see the others schools are finally getting some must needed improvement, just wish we could get a fraction of what that school cross town from Southern get. Congrats to the Cowboys and my school but we all still have alot of work to do. xcoffeex xreadx

I have no problem with "them" xlolx . He came in a SUperior thread being messy, so I had to set the record straight. How he thinks 47,000 is bigger than 50,000 beats me xlolx .

McTailGator
January 20th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Like I said,SU's 16 million dollar, 50,000 sq ft. facility will be the best FCS in the state. How is 47 bigger than 50 xlolx .

Re-read my post. Don't worry, it's not a contract, so you can't break it...

I said the WEIGHT room will be the biggest. Not the entire facility.

Our Track and Field team don't use our Field House as they have their own facility at the Track Stadium which is not connected to our Football field.

Also, we have already begun construction on our new Womens Field House, which is about 5000 square feet and is located across campus at the Softball and Soccer Complex.

Sound like you guy's will have several different programs using your facility.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 21st, 2008, 09:29 AM

Our Track and Field team don't use our Field House as they have their own facility at the Track Stadium which is not connected to our Football field.

Also, we have already begun construction on our new Womens Field House, which is about 5000 square feet and is located across campus at the Softball and Soccer Complex.

Sound like you guy's will have several different programs using your facility.The only program that will use the facility besides football, is our track program. Construction is about to began also on or baseball only feildhouse :D . We shall see when the projects are complete :D . Katrina broke the contract not SU.

Jag4Life
January 21st, 2008, 12:23 PM

Sound like you guy's will have several different programs using your facility.

Our football stadium will not only have an additional 2,500-3,000 seats but they plan on renovating the seating now and maybe bring the seating up and add about 1,500 seats on both sides if that's what they mean. I see how bitter you are right now though and it's all to the good. Congrats on the facilities you all have right now and what you will be getting soon.

Jag4Life
January 21st, 2008, 12:24 PM
The only program that will use the facility besides football, is our track program. Construction is about to began also on or baseball only feildhouse :D . We shall see when the projects are complete :D . Katrina broke the contract not SU.

Yep, only the track program using it because the track is with our football field. Everybody has their own facilities. The basketball team, baseball team and softball team but not the soccer team.

mikebigg
January 22nd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Will Southern Lab continue to use Mumford for their home games once the expansion has been completed? Still blows me away how more of those kids nowadays don't end up at SU. But it was always like that with Grambling Lab as well...maybe kids just want a change in scenery.

BgJag
January 22nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Will Southern Lab continue to use Mumford for their home games once the expansion has been completed? Still blows me away how more of those kids nowadays don't end up at SU. But it was always like that with Grambling Lab as well...maybe kids just want a change in scenery.

It's like 4 more years at home with your parents looking over your shoulder.

Jag4Life
January 23rd, 2008, 05:48 AM

Good question. It seems that you have more players who like to get away from home then to stay at home. Some players like to stay home so their parents can see them play.

mikebigg
January 23rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
It's like 4 more years at home with your parents looking over your shoulder.

I hadn't thought about that...but you might have a good point. But with the new expansion and all, I think yall will do well recruiting the area.

McTailGator
January 25th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Katrina broke the contract not SU.

Tell that to the SU Soccer team who was in Lake Charles that same day to play their scheduled game.

The Hurricane did not strike Lake Charles or Baton Rouge, and you"ve had 2 years to reschedule,

The Board of Regents will now do it for you.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 25th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Tell that to the SU Soccer team who was in Lake Charles that same day to play their scheduled game.

The Hurricane did not strike Lake Charles or Baton Rouge, and you"ve had 2 years to reschedule,

The Board of Regents will now do it for you.Soccer isn't football, and the soccer game was SUnday. You know damn well BR was affected. Half of our team was from NO, and it was weeks until some kids talked to their parents. xlolx xlolx xlolx @ the last sentence. Always looking for http://cwx.prenhall.com/bookbind/pubbooks/dye4/medialib/dye17.jpg xlolx

GAD
January 25th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Mane you know them folks don't care if people was sitting on roof tops for 3 & 4 days with no food or fresh water in 90 degree heat it was time to play football.

btw only two soccer player were from the hurricane affected area

McTailGator
January 25th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Soccer isn't football, and the soccer game was SUnday. You know damn well BR was affected. Half of our team was from NO, and it was weeks until some kids talked to their parents. xlolx xlolx xlolx @ the last sentence. Always looking for http://cwx.prenhall.com/bookbind/pubbooks/dye4/medialib/dye17.jpg xlolx

BS

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 25th, 2008, 08:47 PM
BS

The biggest catastrophe in US history and you think we should have played a damn football game. Get a life. You are truly sad. Why are you always in SU threads xconfusedx .

Jag4Life
January 26th, 2008, 02:00 AM
The biggest catastrophe in US history and you think we should have played a damn football game. Get a life. You are truly sad. Why are you always in SU threads xconfusedx .

My point exactly. Lake Charles was affected by Rita but put Lake Charles in New Orleans boat and he would see how it feel.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 24th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Construction starting
A fence went up Thursday to encompass the north end zone area in which The Lemoine Company will be working on the A.W. Mumford expansion. The target date for completion is July 11, 2009.

The $16.5 million dollar enclosure project will add offices, locker rooms, weight room, training facilities and meeting rooms as well as about 2,500 more seats to Mumford Stadium.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/southern/featured/15916212.html

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Panther88
February 24th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Nice. I see you guys playing ULL, eh? ;) lol Poor McNeese. :(

Southern will start the 2009 season playing the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in Cajun Field in Lafayette

The teams will play Sept. 5, 2009, with Southern getting a guarantee of $110,000 as well as 6,000 tickets to sell.

SU Athletic Director Greg LaFleur said, by being allowed to keep the proceeds from the tickets, that Southern could stand to make around $200,000 from the game

CHAAAA-CHING!!!!!!!!! xlolx xnodx

McNeese75
February 24th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Looks good guys!!! Good luck xthumbsupx

McNeese75
February 24th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Nice. I see you guys playing ULL, eh? ;) lol Poor McNeese. :(

CHAAAA-CHING!!!!!!!!! xlolx xnodx

xconfusedx With that guarantee and number of tickets I would assume that will be a step down for SU as far as revenue is concerned.