PDA

View Full Version : Richmond's 2008 Schedule

bostonspider
January 4th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Richmond released their 2008 Schedule. First time in school history there are 12 regular season games

Date /Opponent /'07 Record

Aug. 30 at Elon 7-4
Sept. 6 at Virginia 9-4
Sept. 13 Towson 3-8
Sept. 20 Maine 4-7
Sept. 27 at Villanova 7-4
Oct. 4 at VMI 2-9
Oct. 11 James Madison 8-4
Oct. 18 at Massachusetts 10-3
Oct. 25 Georgetown (HC) 1-10
Nov. 8 at Hofstra 7-4
Nov. 15 Delaware 11-4
Nov. 22 at William & Mary 4-7

jimbo65
January 4th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Coach Clawson has a tough schedule there with the exception of Gtown who is bad and lost their better offensive players to graduation. I know nothing about Elon. Do you have a reasonable chance v. VA?

Being a Fordham alum, I wish all the best to Coach & the Spiders. It took Fordham a few years after he left but we are back to the playoffs. As a poster on this board wrote a few years ago, when he left he took our bid with him.

Hopefully one day we can have a home & home.

andy7171
January 4th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Wow that's early for us to be playing. Normally you guys are Towsons 8th or 9th game.

Go...gate
January 4th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Nice job by Georgetown facing off against them. Nice to see the PL teams unafraid to take challenging OOC matchups.

Eight Legger
January 4th, 2008, 03:09 PM
We have a very realistic chance against UVA, in my opinion. They lose their best player, Chris Long, and their QB situation may be a little up in the air early next year. Plus the week before we play them, they play USC, so hopefully they'll get beat up a bit then. We should have beaten them the last time we played them a few years ago. . . lost 17-16 and missed a FG, extra point and a sure TD. This is the year we get them back.

As for the Hoyas, I imagine they feel they have nothing to lose by playing a good team since they are coming off a bad season.

LBPop
January 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
As for the Hoyas, I imagine they feel they have nothing to lose by playing a good team since they are coming off a bad season.

Good strategy making the Georgetown game Homecoming. That will probably happen a few times to the Hoyas next season. :D xrolleyesx :( xbawlingx

mcveyrl
January 4th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Good strategy making the Georgetown game Homecoming. That will probably happen a few times to the Hoyas next season. :D xrolleyesx :( xbawlingx

They got tired of each of us ruining the others homecoming...

URMite
January 4th, 2008, 04:15 PM
So we need to go 8-4 for serious consideration and we face:

2 weaker teams GT & VMI

3 Teams with losing seasons Towson, Maine, W&M

3 strong 7-4 teams all on the road Elon, Hofstra, Nova

3 playoff teams JMU, UD, Umass

and an above average FBS UVA

This could get interesting.