Oct. 11 James Madison
Oct. 18 at Massachusetts
Oct. 25 Georgetown (HC)
Nov. 8 at Hofstra
Nov. 15 Delaware
Nov. 22 at William & Mary

Homegrown Hillbilly
January 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM
That first game is def going to be one of the best.

bustingnut
January 4th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Another playoff year for them I think

GannonFan
January 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM
With everything they have coming back Richmond's the odds-on favorite to win the CAA next year. If they don't make the playoffs it would be a huge letdown, which I don't think they have to worry about.

Appinator
January 4th, 2008, 03:14 PM
That first game is def going to be one of the best.

I agree, I mentioned this on another thread. It should be the preseason pick to be the game of the week for week one.

HiHiYikas
January 4th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Maybe this will be the year I finally get a chance to make the 2-mile trek out to UR stadium to catch a Spiders' home game.

ASUG8
January 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
That's a very strong schedule minus VMI. If the Spiders get through that schedule relatively unscathed, they will play for the NC.

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 4th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Looks like August 30th will have at least one great game in the FCS world.

Mountaineer#96
January 4th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Loving the Elon opener, and you guys no doubt have a shot at UVA in week two. They are losing a lot of that defense to the NFL.

mvemjsunpx
January 4th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I agree, I mentioned this on another thread. It should be the preseason pick to be the game of the week for week one.

I don't know. Remember Montana plays @ Cal Poly in Week 1 as well.

NE MT GRIZZ
January 4th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Loving the Elon opener, and you guys no doubt have a shot at UVA in week two. They are losing a lot of that defense to the NFL.

If Wyoming can beat Virginia, Richmond has a great shot.
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

JMU-MRD-DAD
January 4th, 2008, 06:54 PM
That's a very strong schedule minus VMI. If the Spiders get through that schedule relatively unscathed, they will play for the NC.

Yep............I hear the Spiders are already booking accomodations in Chatty.....:D

URMite
January 7th, 2008, 08:42 AM
So we need to go 8-4 for serious consideration and we face:

2 weaker teams GT & VMI

3 Teams with losing seasons Towson, Maine, W&M

3 strong 7-4 teams all on the road Elon, Hofstra, Nova

3 playoff teams JMU, UD, Umass

and an above average FBS UVA

This could get interesting.

andy7171
January 7th, 2008, 08:47 AM
You can't take any CAA game for granted. One of those losing CAA teams beat you this year.

DTSpider
January 7th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Every CAA game is tough. UR could be 8-4 or better, or 4-8 or worse. I think a lot will depend on whether Clawson leaves for the big time or stays at UR.

AZGrizFan
January 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM
http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010408aah.html

Aug. 30 at Elon
Sept. 6 at Virginia
Sept. 13 Towson
Sept. 20 Maine
Sept. 27 at Villanova
Oct. 4 at VMI
Oct. 11 James Madison
Oct. 18 at Massachusetts
Oct. 25 Georgetown (HC)
Nov. 8 at Hofstra
Nov. 15 Delaware
Nov. 22 at William & Mary

Why is it that Richmond never seems to get to dodge the big boys.... xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

SFspidur
January 8th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Why is it that Richmond never seems to get to dodge the big boys.... xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Because the CAA, particularly the CAA South, is full of big boys. ;)

th0m
January 8th, 2008, 05:19 AM

Delaware and JMU also play 'nova, UMass and JMU/Richmond this year.

andy7171
January 8th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Because the CAA, particularly the CAA South, is full of big boys. ;)

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

D1scout
January 8th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Delaware and JMU also play 'nova, UMass and JMU/Richmond this year.

Let's face it. The CAA is a tough conference to play in almost every week of the season. It has very few weak sisters in it. Any squad coming out of in the top 6-8 teams is more than likely a solid program and is capable of beating any of the other teams in the CAA. That's what makes it so exciting. Like the Gateway, most years one really can't say for certain that there is really clear favorite to take it all.:)

URMite
January 9th, 2008, 09:18 AM
You can't take any CAA game for granted. One of those losing CAA teams beat you this year.

Did you have to remind me? xbawlingx

But I wasn't trying to denigrate any CAA programs, just starting with last season and trying to find 8 wins, and it doesn't look easy. W&M might be improved, Hofstra and UD have some big shoes to fill. I'm not sure how different you guys will be this year, except maybe less injuries.

WMTribe90
January 9th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I pretty confident WM will be improved. We'll be very solid at QB with returning senior starter (Jake Phillips). We'll have three talented RBs with starting experience in the backfield and will have quality depth at WR, includig three WRs with double digit starts. The OL is a slight question mark. We lose two starters and will likely lack significant depth, but the starting five short be decent.

Defense returns 10 starters and benefits from the addition of several talented players that red-shirted this year. The degree of improvement on defense will likely go the furthest in determining how many games we win.

Special teams, especially the return and coverage games, were horrendous in 2007 and need to improve significantly. Kicker and punter return and both did a respectabel job in 2007.

GannonFan
February 4th, 2008, 10:01 AM
With Towson a little healthier (albeit with big losses on defense) the South will be ultra competitive once again in the CAA.