PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: Whew, 2007 -- Southern Conference

CSN-info
January 4th, 2008, 01:58 AM
The CSN Way: Whew, 2007
Charles Burton, CSN Columnist

The 2007 season began -- and ended -- with historic achievements. Conference by conference, here’s a look back at the “year that was” in FCS football. The champions, the games of the year, the highest moments, the biggest disappointments, the best players and the unsung heroes, the "what if's" and the peeks forward. Whew, 2007!

Southern Conference
Co-Champions: Wofford Terriers and Appalachian State Mountaineers
Game Of The Year: September 22nd, Wofford 42, Appalachian State 31.
It was the Mountaineers’ first defeat in over a year, and the biggest dent of the legacy of the Michigan win. Wofford, with a performance from the Terrier “O” Line that would make the fans in Gibbs Stadium proud, allowing Wofford to forge 291 yards rushing and 140 yards passing in head coach Mike Ayers’ bone attack. Defensively, safety Dan Tavani would grab an interception and help make an important stop to seal the vicrtoy.
Highest Moment: Threepeat.
After Michigan, it seemed inevitable. After “Black Saturday”, it seemed unlikely. After three and a half quarters against James Madison, it seemed over. But the Mountaineers managed to keep everything together to beat Delaware in their third-straight title win in Chattanooga, 49-21. Although the Michigan win was a high moment, the national championship was the highest.
Biggest Disappointment: Georgia Southern.
By all accounts they exceeded all expectations by going 7-4, but they were so maddeningly close to a SoCon title and a near-certain playoff berth that it makes you look at their losses and questionable scheduling. Playing FBS Colorado State at the end of the year? Shanking a certain title-winning field goal against Furman? Missing a game-tying 38 yard field goal in the second overtime against Elon? The overtime loss against 2-9 Chattanooga?
Player Of The Year: Georgia Southern quarterback Jayson Foster.
It’s hard to look at Foster and think that the previous head football coach was wasting him at wide receiver. With head coach Chris Hatcher’s “Hatch Attack” Foster was nearly the entire Eagle offense with 1,203 yards passing, 1,844 yards rushing, 30 touchdowns (and add his 137 punt return yards, too.)
Unsung Players Of The Year: Elon Quarterback Scott Riddle and Elon Wideout Terrell Hudgins.
Both underclassmen, these guys should be frightening defensive coordinators around the SoCon for the next couple of years. Riddle’s freshman season “only” involved 3,817 yards passing and 40 touchdowns, while Hudgins “only” averaged over 10 receptions a game to the tune of 117 catches for 1,474 yards and 18 touchdowns.
What If: Duran Lawson Didn’t Get Hurt?
There were three 7-4 teams in the SoCon that made a solid run at the title and berths in the FCS playoffs, but the team that could have been the best positioned were the Bulldogs – they entered their game against Georgia Southern at 5-2 with their only losses to FBS Wisconsin and Wofford. Once Lawson was lost for the year in the Georgia Southern game, however, the Bulldogs never recovered and lost to the Eagles and Appalachian State the following weekend. What if he hadn’t gotten hurt? Would they have pulled out a win against the Eagles and maybe even won the SoCon championship?
A Peek Towards 2008:
As long as Appalachian State has quarterback Armanti Edwards, they’ve got to be the team to beat. Elon seems poised to make an excellent run at the Mountaineers with Riddle and Hudgins at the helm. The rest of the league seems to need to reload significantly, but Georgia Southern looks like they could also challenge with a young defense featuring defensive back Chris Covington and linebacker Quentin Taylor.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89669

AshevilleApp2
January 4th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Charles Burton, CSN Columnist

The 2007 season began -- and ended -- with historic achievements. Conference by conference, here’s a look back at the “year that was” in FCS football. The champions, the games of the year, the highest moments, the biggest disappointments, the best players and the unsung heroes, the "what if's" and the peeks forward. Whew, 2007!

Southern Conference
Co-Champions: Wofford Terriers and Appalachian State Mountaineers
Game Of The Year: September 22nd, Wofford 42, Appalachian State 31.
It was the Mountaineers’ first defeat in over a year, and the biggest dent of the legacy of the Michigan win. Wofford, with a performance from the Terrier “O” Line that would make the fans in Gibbs Stadium proud, allowing Wofford to forge 291 yards rushing and 140 yards passing in head coach Mike Ayers’ bone attack. Defensively, safety Dan Tavani would grab an interception and help make an important stop to seal the vicrtoy.
Highest Moment: Threepeat.
After Michigan, it seemed inevitable. After “Black Saturday”, it seemed unlikely. After three and a half quarters against James Madison, it seemed over. But the Mountaineers managed to keep everything together to beat Delaware in their third-straight title win in Chattanooga, 49-21. Although the Michigan win was a high moment, the national championship was the highest.
By all accounts they exceeded all expectations by going 7-4, but they were so maddeningly close to a SoCon title and a near-certain playoff berth that it makes you look at their losses and questionable scheduling. Playing FBS Colorado State at the end of the year? Shanking a certain title-winning field goal against Furman? Missing a game-tying 38 yard field goal in the second overtime against Elon? The overtime loss against 2-9 Chattanooga?
Player Of The Year: Georgia Southern quarterback Jayson Foster.
It’s hard to look at Foster and think that the previous head football coach was wasting him at wide receiver. With head coach Chris Hatcher’s “Hatch Attack” Foster was nearly the entire Eagle offense with 1,203 yards passing, 1,844 yards rushing, 30 touchdowns (and add his 137 punt return yards, too.)
Unsung Players Of The Year: Elon Quarterback Scott Riddle and Elon Wideout Terrell Hudgins.
Both underclassmen, these guys should be frightening defensive coordinators around the SoCon for the next couple of years. Riddle’s freshman season “only” involved 3,817 yards passing and 40 touchdowns, while Hudgins “only” averaged over 10 receptions a game to the tune of 117 catches for 1,474 yards and 18 touchdowns.
What If: Duran Lawson Didn’t Get Hurt?
There were three 7-4 teams in the SoCon that made a solid run at the title and berths in the FCS playoffs, but the team that could have been the best positioned were the Bulldogs – they entered their game against Georgia Southern at 5-2 with their only losses to FBS Wisconsin and Wofford. Once Lawson was lost for the year in the Georgia Southern game, however, the Bulldogs never recovered and lost to the Eagles and Appalachian State the following weekend. What if he hadn’t gotten hurt? Would they have pulled out a win against the Eagles and maybe even won the SoCon championship?
A Peek Towards 2008:
As long as Appalachian State has quarterback Armanti Edwards, they’ve got to be the team to beat. Elon seems poised to make an excellent run at the Mountaineers with Riddle and Hudgins at the helm. The rest of the league seems to need to reload significantly, but Georgia Southern looks like they could also challenge with a young defense featuring defensive back Chris Covington and linebacker Quentin Taylor.

Good information. Another unsung player worth mentioning is Trey Elder. He was a rock for App when Armanti was hurt. We'll miss him.

OL FU
January 4th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I understand why the biggest disappointment was picked as GSU but I would think based on start of the season expectations it would have to be Furman. 8-3 playoff bound 06 team picked to finish second in the conference in 07 and out of the running by the fifth game. We had a good finish but I can't imagine more of a disappointment in the SoCon than the Furman season based on pre-season expectations:(

citdog
January 4th, 2008, 07:38 AM
The answer to the question about Cadet Duran Lawson is...

YES!

Cadet Lawson is a fine example of The Citadel Man and if he is as fine of a combat leader as he was a leader on the playing field... he'll be a General Officer one day.

gsugt1
January 4th, 2008, 08:31 AM

How can you exceed expectations and be the biggest disappointment ? xeyebrowx That is a contradiction ? Going from 3-8 to 7-4 was about what we expected. If we had made those kicks we might have been the story of the year in the socon.

Anyway I think Furman was the biggest disappointment.

As for the biggest game GSU beating App in Boone gets my vote. Breaking thier home game winning streak too.

citdog
January 4th, 2008, 08:34 AM
How can you exceed expectations and be the biggest disappointment ? xeyebrowx That is a contradiction ? Going from 3-8 to 7-4 was about what we expected. If we had made those kicks we might have been the story of the year in the socon.

Anyway I think Furman was the biggest disappointment.

you were going to win the National Championship remember? only VanGorder was holding you back remember?

SuperEagle
January 4th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I think GSU/App State has to be the game of the year. It it were in Statesboro I could see how you could make the argument but since it was in Boone, it has to be THE game of the year in the SOCON.

Eaglesrus
January 4th, 2008, 09:30 AM
you were going to win the National Championship remember? only VanGorder was holding you back remember?

You thought we were going to win the National Championship? Wow, sorry we disappointed you!

Homegrown Hillbilly
January 4th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I am forced to disagree with the player of the year award. AE had better numbers almost all the way around (fell slightly short in rush yards) and missed a hand full of games. I believe, without question, had AE been healthy he would have topped 2000 yds rushing and passing and accounted for well over 40 tds. And he took our team to, and won, our third straight NC. AE is regarded by many to be the best player, at any position, in the entire FCS. xtwocentsx

AshevilleApp2
January 4th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I am forced to disagree with the player of the year award. AE had better numbers almost all the way around (fell slightly short in rush yards) and missed a hand full of games. I believe, without question, had AE been healthy he would have topped 2000 yds rushing and passing and accounted for well over 40 tds. And he took our team to, and won, our third straight NC. AE is regarded by many to be the best player, at any position, in the entire FCS. xtwocentsx

I agree with you that AE is arguably the best player in the country, but I feel that the team could have made a strong run in the playoffs had he remained injured. Without Foster, GSU wouldn't have come close to making the playoffs.

Homegrown Hillbilly
January 4th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I agree with you that AE is arguably the best player in the country, but I feel that the team could have made a strong run in the playoffs had he remained injured. Without Foster, GSU wouldn't have come close to making the playoffs.

I am with you 100%. But the award is for the best player in the conference, not biggest impact on their own team.

AshevilleApp2
January 4th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I am with you 100%. But the award is for the best player in the conference, not biggest impact on their own team.

I guess it's a matter of interpretation. I'm reading Most Valuable as opposed to Best. Either way, we know who the best Team ultimately was.

Homegrown Hillbilly
January 4th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I guess it's a matter of interpretation. I'm reading Most Valuable as opposed to Best. Either way, we know who the best Team ultimately was.

xthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
January 4th, 2008, 10:56 AM

It's also not for who the best player would have been if he hadn't been injured, but game in and game out who was the best player.

gsugt1
January 4th, 2008, 12:04 PM
It's also not for who the best player would have been if he hadn't been injured, but game in and game out who was the best player.

Exactly xnodx

ElonPride
January 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM
had AE been healthy he would have topped 2000 yds rushing and passing and accounted for well over 40 tds.

Much like Scott Riddle as a FRESHMAN xsmiley_wix

Homegrown Hillbilly
January 4th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Much like Scott Riddle as a FRESHMAN xsmiley_wix

I think Riddle and the rest of your squad are solid. I was just bragging about you guys on another thread. xthumbsupx

ElonPride
January 4th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I think Riddle and the rest of your squad are solid. I was just bragging about you guys on another thread. xthumbsupx

Maybe next year Edwards will have a chance to break Riddle's SoCon record of TDs responsible for in a single season (broke Covington's record). xsmiley_wix

Thanks for the support and here's to an exciting 2008 season!

Appinator
January 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM
xtwocentsx

I love watching a player like Foster. He is able to make cuts and runs with the best of them. Numbers wise though, a 6 to 4 touchdown to interception ratio is not something that an award winning quarterback has to his name. What he does on the ground is phenomenal, but he didn't ever have a day where he rushed for as many yards as AE did against a semi-finals level opponent (313). Armanti also had 50 passing attempts than Foster did with a higher completion percentage to boot.

I'm not one to say that if AE didn't miss the games he did, he would have blown Fosters numbers away. Fosters numbers don't include the playoff games that AE had. So really, we are looking at two players who had the exact same number of games to play (Armanti missed 4 games during the regular season, Foster missed 4 possible games in the playoffs).

We have two guys, AE has 17tds and 7 ints, Foster has 6tds and 4 ints. AE has 21 rushing tds, Foster has 24. The first player, Armanti Edwards, thus creates more value to the team he is a part of.

I'm not trying to talk smack, I'm just looking at the facts. Congrats on his award.

Eaglesrus
January 4th, 2008, 03:24 PM
xtwocentsx

I love watching a player like Foster. He is able to make cuts and runs with the best of them. Numbers wise though, a 6 to 4 touchdown to interception ratio is not something that an award winning quarterback has to his name. What he does on the ground is phenomenal, but he didn't ever have a day where he rushed for as many yards as AE did against a semi-finals level opponent (313). Armanti also had 50 passing attempts than Foster did with a higher completion percentage to boot.

I'm not one to say that if AE didn't miss the games he did, he would have blown Fosters numbers away. Fosters numbers don't include the playoff games that AE had. So really, we are looking at two players who had the exact same number of games to play (Armanti missed 4 games during the regular season, Foster missed 4 possible games in the playoffs).

We have two guys, AE has 17tds and 7 ints, Foster has 6tds and 4 ints. AE has 21 rushing tds, Foster has 24. The first player, Armanti Edwards, thus creates more value to the team he is a part of.

I'm not trying to talk smack, I'm just looking at the facts. Congrats on his award.

One thing that your analysis doesn't address is the fact that just about everyone, except maybe a few GSU fans, talked about Foster being a one man team. If that were true, then it could be argued that with a better supporting cast it wouldn't be surprising for AE's numbers to be as good or better than Foster's, i.e. better protection, less keying on him by defenses, etc. I personally wouldn't put much credence in that, since I think we had one of the better O-lines in the conference, just pointing out that there are several ways to look at it. I do know that I saw Foster do things on the field that I have seen very few others do.

SuperEagle
January 4th, 2008, 03:35 PM
xtwocentsx

Understand though that CSN would be stupid not to say Foster was the best player in the SOCON after he won the Payton. And since he set a record that no other QB has ever done he has to be considered the best.
The national media, SOCON coaches and most other experts agreed.
With that said though Armanti is a special player and barring injury should be one of the Payton finalists next season.

Appinator
January 4th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Understand though that CSN would be stupid not to say Foster was the best player in the SOCON after he won the Payton. And since he set a record that no other QB has ever done he has to be considered the best.
The national media, SOCON coaches and most other experts agreed.
With that said though Armanti is a special player and barring injury should be one of the Payton finalists next season.

I know, this is not some awards thing, and they would be dumb not to say that Foster was the MVP after winning the Payton. It's kind of like how the Cy Young award is given to the best regular season pitcher. The award is already decided on, and then someone else has a dominating post season performance to leave everyone scratching their heads wondering why they weren't given the award.

When the last week of the regular season had been completed, Foster was the deserving recipient on the Payton. I just have to disagree with the article and say the SoCon MVP of the entire year (regular season and playoffs) would be Armanti.

CSN-info
January 5th, 2008, 12:55 AM
I know, this is not some awards thing, and they would be dumb not to say that Foster was the MVP after winning the Payton. It's kind of like how the Cy Young award is given to the best regular season pitcher. The award is already decided on, and then someone else has a dominating post season performance to leave everyone scratching their heads wondering why they weren't given the award.

When the last week of the regular season had been completed, Foster was the deserving recipient on the Payton. I just have to disagree with the article and say the SoCon MVP of the entire year (regular season and playoffs) would be Armanti.It had nothing to do with the Sports Network award, Foster was named CSN's Offensive Player of the Year and Armanti Edwards was named CSN's Playoff Most Valuable Player. This was done after (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89565) the Championship game. Obviously if Foster is the entire FCS Offensive Player of the Year for CSN then he is also that for the SoCon.

Appinator
January 5th, 2008, 01:26 AM
It had nothing to do with the Sports Network award, Foster was named CSN's Offensive Player of the Year and Armanti Edwards was named CSN's Playoff Most Valuable Player. This was done after (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89565) the Championship game. Obviously if Foster is the entire FCS Offensive Player of the Year for CSN then he is also that for the SoCon.

I would just have to disagree with that then. It's not a slam to CSN or anything. I just think that Armanti's stats prove that over the same amount of games, he was the better offensive player. Higher completion percentage, higher passing yards, higher total yards, higher total TDs all add up to a player who ended up guiding his team to a third straight NC.

If you were running an Oklahoma drill, where a player’s ability to cut and hit a hole was the main objective, Jason Foster would be the best hands down. Looking at over all game value, the most valuable player of the year would have to be Armanti because of the better numbers that he put up and what they meant for the team.
xtwocentsx

catamount man
January 5th, 2008, 07:03 AM
The top 3 games of the year were, in my opinion:

1) Wofford-ASU
2) GSU-ASU
3) Wofford-WCU (what a 2nd half!)

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Saint3333
January 5th, 2008, 09:57 AM
One thing that your analysis doesn't address is the fact that just about everyone, except maybe a few GSU fans, talked about Foster being a one man team. If that were true, then it could be argued that with a better supporting cast it wouldn't be surprising for AE's numbers to be as good or better than Foster's, i.e. better protection, less keying on him by defenses, etc. I personally wouldn't put much credence in that, since I think we had one of the better O-lines in the conference, just pointing out that there are several ways to look at it. I do know that I saw Foster do things on the field that I have seen very few others do.

While missing 4 games, AE was 52 yards from being the ONLY player in D1 football to record two season of 2000 passing yards and 1000 rushing yards. And ASU has more weapons than any other team and he still put up those numbers. Foster is one of the best athletes I've ever seen on any football field, but I'd take AE over Foster everyday of the week and twice of Saturdays (and Fridays in December)xsmiley_wix.

Eaglesrus
January 5th, 2008, 11:02 AM
While missing 4 games, AE was 52 yards from being the ONLY player in D1 football to record two season of 2000 passing yards and 1000 rushing yards. And ASU has more weapons than any other team and he still put up those numbers. Foster is one of the best athletes I've ever seen on any football field, but I'd take AE over Foster everyday of the week and twice of Saturdays (and Fridays in December)xsmiley_wix.

Well, then, we both win by having had the player that we would pick of the two. Glad it worked out! :)

B&G
January 5th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Well, then, we both win by having had the player that we would pick of the two. Glad it worked out! :)

The difference is we'll still have ours in 2008. Foster's award is a nice consolation prize though. xpeacex

The Moody1
January 5th, 2008, 01:52 PM
The difference is we'll still have ours in 2008. Foster's award is a nice consolation prize though. xpeacex

And in 2009. :D :D :D :D :D

Baldy
January 5th, 2008, 02:03 PM
You wouldn't think so the way the Appy fans are crying about Foster's well deserved award. xlolx

Eyes of Old Main
January 5th, 2008, 02:13 PM
3) Wofford-WCU (what a 2nd half!)

It was a good game, but I preferred the 1st half!

Eaglesrus
January 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM

No clue how it's a consoltion prize, but whatever xcoolx

Saint3333
January 5th, 2008, 04:37 PM

GSU fans would really rather have Foster over AE especially now with the Hatch attack, I need you to look deep inside and ask yourself why? Foster is the best running QB I've ever seen, but AE is the better overall QB.

So far so good. 2 years of AE - 2 national champioships. I'd say ASU got the better deal.

Eaglesrus
January 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM
GSU fans would really rather have Foster over AE especially now with the Hatch attack, I need you to look deep inside and ask yourself why? Foster is the best running QB I've ever seen, but AE is the better overall QB.

So far so good. 2 years of AE - 2 national champioships. I'd say ASU got the better deal.

I'm not sure why I feel a need to explain it to you, but for one thing Hatcher made it plain that he can adapt his offense to the talent available, so I see no problem there. In fact, if we still had Foster and Hatcher found a more suitable quarterback I'm confident that he could find many other ways to fit Jayson in, and Jayson certainly proved that he was willing to do anything for the team (a key reason why I feel so strongly about Jayson). Now, I hesitate to say this because I'm sure someone will think I'm wishing AE ill in a backhanded way, which I'm not, but I don't recall Jayson ever missing a game during his career.

Your last statement is xxxxxxxxxxx if you are issuing it in the context of a comparison of Jayson and Edwards, as App State (and Edwards) didn't have to deal with changing coaches three times in three years, not to mention one of them being Van Gorder. Hey, y'all certainly have the right to think that Edwards is the second coming, I'll just thank you to respect my right to appreciate having had the opportunity to have watched the reigning Payton award winner for the last four years. So, exactly why do you feel such a need for us to be envious of ASU having AE?

Eyes of Old Main
January 5th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I'm just hoping Wofford has the same success against Van Gorder's defense at South Carolina as we did against it when he was at Georgia Southern.

Eaglesrus
January 5th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I'm just hoping Wofford has the same success against Van Gorder's defense at South Carolina as we did against it when he was at Georgia Southern.

I sincerely wish you well with that. I would love to see a SoCon team beat Superior & Van Goiter! I would sure hate to be in the USC locker room afterwards, though.

james_lawfirm
January 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure why I feel a need to explain it to you, but for one thing Hatcher made it plan that he can adapt his offense to the talent available, so I see no problem there. In fact, if we still had Foster and Hatcher found a more suitable quarterback I'm confident that he could find many other ways to fit Jayson in, and Jayson certainly proved that he was willing to do anything for the team (a key reason why I feel so strongly about Jayson). Now, I hesitate to say this because I'm sure someone will think I'm wishing AE ill in a backhanded way, which I'm not, but I don't recall Jayson ever missing a game during his career.

Your last statement is xxxxxxxxxxx if you are issuing it in the context of a comparison of Jayson and Edwards, as App State (and Edwards) didn't have to deal with changing coaches three times in three years, not to mention one of them being Van Gorder. Hey, y'all certainly have the right to think that Edwards is the second coming, I'll just thank you to respect my right to appreciate having had the opportunity to have watched the reigning Payton award winner for the last four years. So, exactly why do you feel such a need for us to be envious of ASU having AE?

Just my 2 cents: I agree with you that Foster was one heck of a running QB, and he deserved the Payton award. From my seat at Kidd Brewer this year, I have never seen any single player who's entire team keyed on him so much. He played QB, RB, WR, KR, etc. I was not sure I just missed him playing defense somewhere. What a heck of a player!!! And furthermore, why the heck did GaSo not get an at-large spot in the playoffs? As the results of the CAA's rather unique run with 5 teams showed, GaSo should have been there.

The comparison to AE is not quite fair - yet. He has two more years to show off. Did anyone else think that almost all (with a few exceptions) of the bowl teams look REALLY, REALLY slow? I guess I was used to SoCon speed.

And, I totally agree that Foster's success was even more remarkable with GaSo's coaching situation. Congrats to GaSo for a fine season. I will be in Statesboro for the App game. Now, how many months till the next kickoff?

Jerbearasu
January 6th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Jayson certainly proved that he was willing to do anything for the team (a key reason why I feel so strongly about Jayson).

For this I have an ample amount of respect towards Jayson for. To be able to take a back seat the way he did even though he knew he could contribute more than he was being allowed and to stick through it the way he did while staying positive about the situation. He is one heck of a young man and made your Eagles proud.

For the record, I just have to say that I would not normally say anything positive about anything regarding Ga. Southern but this kid was something else and deserves the recognition!!! Just glad he is gone now so I never have to say anything remotely good about anything in Statesboro...

Saint3333
January 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure why I feel a need to explain it to you, but for one thing Hatcher made it plain that he can adapt his offense to the talent available, so I see no problem there. In fact, if we still had Foster and Hatcher found a more suitable quarterback I'm confident that he could find many other ways to fit Jayson in, and Jayson certainly proved that he was willing to do anything for the team (a key reason why I feel so strongly about Jayson). Now, I hesitate to say this because I'm sure someone will think I'm wishing AE ill in a backhanded way, which I'm not, but I don't recall Jayson ever missing a game during his career.

Your last statement is xxxxxxxxxxxx if you are issuing it in the context of a comparison of Jayson and Edwards, as App State (and Edwards) didn't have to deal with changing coaches three times in three years, not to mention one of them being Van Gorder. Hey, y'all certainly have the right to think that Edwards is the second coming, I'll just thank you to respect my right to appreciate having had the opportunity to have watched the reigning Payton award winner for the last four years. So, exactly why do you feel such a need for us to be envious of ASU having AE?

xxxxxxxxxxx??? xrolleyesx

We're both obviously biased, but if you polled the other 100 odd FCS programs I'd say anywhere from 67-75% would take AE.

mountaineertider
January 6th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I sincerely wish you well with that. I would love to see a SoCon team beat Superior & Van Goiter! I would sure hate to be in the USC locker room afterwards, though.

Who would ever wanna be in the Carolina locker room? With those two egos floating around, there isn't enough room for anyone else.

Eaglesrus
January 7th, 2008, 07:39 AM
xxxxxxxxxxx??? xrolleyesx

We're both obviously biased, but if you polled the other 100 odd FCS programs I'd say anywhere from 67-75% would take AE.

Works for me! :)