PDA

View Full Version : Taylor to FAMU not a done deal?

catamount man
December 29th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Taylor won't confirm WCU job offer
by Keith Jarrett
published December 29, 2007 8:24 pm

ASHEVILLE – Hampton University football coach Joe Taylor on Saturday declined to confirm or deny a report in a Virginia newspaper that he was offered the head coaching job at Western Carolina.
Advertisement

Taylor, 58, one of the most successful coaches in the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA), reportedly told the Newport News Daily Press that he would decide on Saturday whether to accept the WCU job.

Another newspaper, using an anonymous source, reported on its website that Taylor had accepted the job at Florida A&M.

WCU athletic director Chip Smith didn’t return phone messages Saturday seeking comment.

“There are still some issues to be resolved; I’m not at liberty to give a comment right now,” Taylor said late Saturday afternoon when asked about the WCU job, which has been open since Kent Briggs was fired on Nov. 12.

“We’ve all agreed at this time to not say anything. If there is anything to report, I expect there will be a press release first thing Monday morning,” said Taylor.

http://citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200771229052

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ERASU2113
December 29th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I hope you guys find someone...Good luck in the search.

Any reason explained as why Willis didn't get the job?

catamount man
December 29th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I hope you guys find someone...Good luck in the search.

Any reason explained as why Willis didn't get the job?

I was told a previous character issue and that's all I'll say.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ERASU2113
December 29th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I was told a previous character issue and that's all I'll say.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Ah ok. Good luck in the search. Hopefully it's nearing the end for ya. xthumbsupx