PDA

View Full Version : Hampton's Joe Taylor offered Western Carolina job.

Tribe4SF
December 29th, 2007, 03:56 AM
I know there's another thread on the WCU job, but this needs a headline as it is a major story. Daily Press reports that Taylor will make a decision today.

catamount man
December 29th, 2007, 06:49 AM
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-hutaylor1229,0,6135052.story

Man, I hope he takes it. If he does, WELCOME TO CULLOWHEE COACH TAYLOR!!!
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Tribe4SF
December 29th, 2007, 07:28 AM
If he does, you guys are getting a man who defines class. He's a helluva a field coach as well. The job he did against W&M in the 2004 playoffs was masterful. Found every way possible to get the ball in Jerome Mathis' hands, and kept a game close that could easily have been a blowout.

catamount man
December 29th, 2007, 07:35 AM
I hope we get him. This man could bring some great young men to Cullowhee.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Monarch History
December 29th, 2007, 10:56 AM
If he does, you guys are getting a man who defines class. He's a helluva a field coach as well. The job he did against W&M in the 2004 playoffs was masterful. Found every way possible to get the ball in Jerome Mathis' hands, and kept a game close that could easily have been a blowout.

I agree with Tribe4SF that you would be getting a great coach. He has kept Hampton at the top or near the top since joining the MEAC. The CATAMOUNTS couldn't do much better! Their program would regain instant credibility in the FCS community.xthumbsupx

I'm not sure Taylor will leave Hampton and the area. I'm sure being a private school Hampton will make a nice counter-offer.xnodx

The Cats
December 29th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I just hope someone takes the job..... quick.

GaSouthern
December 29th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I thought you guys landed the grambling coach or something like that months ago?!?!?!

gr8ness97
December 29th, 2007, 01:56 PM
^ that would be AAMU's Anthony Jones...but he decided it wasnt where he wanted to go...

th0m
December 29th, 2007, 02:40 PM
No offense to WCU fans here but is Hampton to WCU really a step up? I mean, yes you're in a better conference but that's about it. Unless Taylor thinks the MEAC isn't a 'challenge' anymore (for which this year certainly would be proof otherwise) at which point I can see getting WCU back with the big boys of the Socon most definitely that, a challenge.

gr8ness97
December 29th, 2007, 04:15 PM
right now, the rumor is that Taylor is going to FAMU!!!

http://community.meacfans.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5501054881/m/1681056074

catamount man
December 29th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Rumor is now fact. Taylor to FAMU.xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xnonono2x xnonono2x

It's a fact, nobody wants our job. I am bummed again.xnonono2x xnonono2x

Monarch History
December 29th, 2007, 06:00 PM
What a bummer for you guys.xsmhx I know fans in VA didn't want him to leave the area, but I was hoping he would go to WCU and not to FAMU. xbawlingx

Hang in their Catamounts.

catamount man
December 29th, 2007, 07:01 PM
What a bummer for you guys.xsmhx I know fans in VA didn't want him to leave the area, but I was hoping he would go to WCU and not to FAMU. xbawlingx

Hang in their Catamounts.

I'm really starting to wonder if we will hire somebody. I'm sure most of the 58 applicants that did apply are now wondering, WTF?!xnonono2x
xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx