Can our loss last week look ANY worse :bang:

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Can our loss last week look ANY worse :bang:

Yes, if Colgate goes 1-10......

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2005, 12:53 PM
17-7 at half

I don't have a warm fuzzy about this one.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2005, 12:54 PM
17-7 at half

I don't have a warm fuzzy about this one.

I think Colgate will be up and down all year. They are exteremly young, but also have talent as shown last week. Dartmouth was suppose to be improved and Hanover, NH isn't an easy place to play.

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2005, 01:11 PM
'gate punches it in on 4th and goal from the 1. Possession result of INT.

'mouth 17-14 early in third quarter

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2005, 01:14 PM
'gate punches it in on 4th and goal from the 1. Possession result of INT.

'mouth 17-14 early in third quarter

Let's go 'Gate!! The PL needs to win a game today, they're looking at an O-fer.

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Rushing TD by OL lined up at FB.

Desperate times...

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2005, 01:36 PM
TD Green off another 'gate INT.

Our O is absolutely killing us.

24-14

umassfan
September 17th, 2005, 01:38 PM
TD Green off another 'gate INT.

Our O is absolutely killing us.

24-14
Hmmm that sounds familiar.... how does it taste when your O gives up points like that to a team you should beat.

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2005, 02:07 PM
TD Jordan Scott
PAT - Good

24-21 Dartmouth with 9 minutes and change left.

Lets Go 'gate

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Punt snap over Colgate punter's head.

First down Dartmouth at Colgate 34.

7 minutes left.

I want to throw my computer out the window.

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2005, 02:23 PM
QB falls down in the end zone.

Dartmouth 26-21 :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2005, 02:28 PM
'gate D forces another punt. The defense is playing their hind parts off.

Colgate ball at Dartmouth 45 with 2:49 left and 1 TO

Lets Go 'gate!!!!!!

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2005, 02:30 PM
1:23 to go ball on 'mouth 34

4th and 1

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2005, 02:31 PM
run stuffed

Dartmouth ball

Its over.

Hansel
September 17th, 2005, 02:33 PM
wow, I doubt many 'Gate fans would have predicted the team to beat UMass and lose to CCSU and Dartmouth after three games

DC 'gater
September 17th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I have a bottle of scotch I need to open. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

ChickenMan
September 17th, 2005, 02:35 PM
wow, I doubt many 'Gate fans would have predicted the team to beat UMass and lose to CCSU and Dartmouth after three games

:dizzy:

Ivytalk
September 17th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Could it be an Ivy sweep of the PL today? Harvard, Cornell, Dartmouth, Brown and Princeton all winners so far. Pressure is on Fordham!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Could it be an Ivy sweep of the PL today? Harvard, Cornell, Dartmouth, Brown and Princeton all winners so far. Pressure is on Fordham!

The Dartmouth game was really the only suprise. I think Lafayette is decent but i think they'll have a very tough time duplicating last year. Bucknell and G-town are terrible so most figured they would get thier clocks cleaned. HC played very well but you just don't make up 35 points in one year. Already can't wait for Oct. 1 in Cambridge.

Fordham
September 17th, 2005, 03:25 PM
... at least we've responded well to pressure this year ... :D

actually getting ready to head out to the game pretty soon. i have to say that i'm encouraged after watching the URI game on MSG today and also doing a quick check and seeing Duquesne and Penn tied at 7 (it's early still). Maybe our 0-2 isn't as disasterous as I thought? I'll find out in about 2 1/2 hours.

ChickenMan
September 17th, 2005, 03:28 PM
The Dartmouth game was really the only suprise. I think Lafayette is decent but i think they'll have a very tough time duplicating last year. Bucknell and G-town are terrible so most figured they would get thier clocks cleaned. HC played very well but you just don't make up 35 points in one year. Already can't wait for Oct. 1 in Cambridge.

sure looks like Lehigh could go 10-1 this year...

Ivytalk
September 17th, 2005, 03:28 PM

My prediction on the Lehigh game depends on how we do against Brown next week. If we beat the Bears, I'll pick the Crimson in a close one over LU on October 1. If we don't....well, I don't even want to think about it! :p

ngineer
September 17th, 2005, 04:00 PM
... at least we've responded well to pressure this year ... :D

actually getting ready to head out to the game pretty soon. i have to say that i'm encouraged after watching the URI game on MSG today and also doing a quick check and seeing Duquesne and Penn tied at 7 (it's early still). Maybe our 0-2 isn't as disasterous as I thought? I'll find out in about 2 1/2 hours.

Yes, based on what URI did today, that loss doesn't look as bad right now. Got to make a statement tonight, though. Good Luck!

ngineer
September 17th, 2005, 04:01 PM
sure looks like Lehigh could go 10-1 this year...

Don't be too quick to do the comparative score thing. Princeton cleaned Lafayette's clock last year, 35-17...and we know how the year ended. :mad:

TheValleyRaider
September 18th, 2005, 11:27 AM
:(

Just a sad day for Colgate. Hansen left with a leg injury during the first half, then Sloan had to be taken off the field on a stretcher with a neck injury. I haven't heard anything on him since, hopefully he's alright and it was more precautionary. Saraceno did alright as a backup (especially considering he was playing on a broken foot), but by then it was too little too late. The defense did another outstanding job, as Dartmouth's TDs were off of a returned INT, another INT returned to the 1, and another INT returned to the 37. 21 points on 38 yds of offense. Add to that a 42 yd FG and a safety off a punt downed at the 1, and it was a tough day for Colgate, especially given our struggling offense. I'm not sure what else can really be said about Colgate, other than we need to stop turning the ball over. We have a week off, then Cornell comes for a visit. It's in Hamilton, it's Homecoming, and it's a rivalry game, so hopefully they'll step it up and HANG ON TO THE BALL :( .

umassfan
September 18th, 2005, 02:06 PM

Just a sad day for Colgate. Hansen left with a leg injury during the first half, then Sloan had to be taken off the field on a stretcher with a neck injury. I haven't heard anything on him since, hopefully he's alright and it was more precautionary. Saraceno did alright as a backup (especially considering he was playing on a broken foot), but by then it was too little too late. The defense did another outstanding job, as Dartmouth's TDs were off of a returned INT, another INT returned to the 1, and another INT returned to the 37. 21 points on 38 yds of offense. Add to that a 42 yd FG and a safety off a punt downed at the 1, and it was a tough day for Colgate, especially given our struggling offense. I'm not sure what else can really be said about Colgate, other than we need to stop turning the ball over. We have a week off, then Cornell comes for a visit. It's in Hamilton, it's Homecoming, and it's a rivalry game, so hopefully they'll step it up and HANG ON TO THE BALL :( .

Why did you give up the ball so much in week 1 and 3 but not 2 ;)

colgate13
September 19th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Why did you give up the ball so much in week 1 and 3 but not 2 ;)

because god hates UMass.

colgate13
September 19th, 2005, 08:22 AM

Thanks for the quick summary. Man, we need to get the O on track stat. We've got 2 more games before the 2nd season starts. No one should be throwing the towel in yet.

saint0917
September 19th, 2005, 08:58 AM
because god hates UMass.

Hey Hey, Thats not nice. Besides, without the Minutemen we'd all have British accents. :D

colgate13
September 19th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Hey Hey, Thats not nice. Besides, without the Minutemen we'd all have British accents. :D

fan. I forgot to put 'fan' at the end. :D

saint0917
September 20th, 2005, 12:31 PM
fan. I forgot to put 'fan' at the end. :D

O.K I forgive you xsmoochx