PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on Rhody FB-past,present and future

Brad82
December 26th, 2007, 08:14 AM
http://www.projo.com/uri/content/sp_fbc_rizzi26_12-26-07_L48BSK7_v9.21d7a4b.html

Cobblestone
December 26th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Good article. Nice to see the BLOJO write something positive about URI football and athletics in general, for a change.

BloomHusky'01
December 26th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Hopefully this works out well for URI. Rizzi was doing a fine job at New Haven as DC and later head coach until the school cut funding for football and subsequently dropped the program.

URI also announced the hiring of defensive coordinator Joe Trainer. He has been the head coach at Division 2 Millersville (near my hometown of Lancaster) for the past three years. His record has not been good, but Millersville is not well funded at all and there has been a lot of instability with their athletics dept. Prior to that he was DC at Villanova.

Cobblestone
December 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Hopefully this works out well for URI. Rizzi was doing a fine job at New Haven as DC and later head coach until the school cut funding for football and subsequently dropped the program.

URI also announced the hiring of defensive coordinator Joe Trainer. He has been the head coach at Division 2 Millersville (near my hometown of Lancaster) for the past three years. His record has not been good, but Millersville is not well funded at all and there has been a lot of instability with their athletics dept. Prior to that he was DC at Villanova.

I'm interested to see who Rizzi hires as his OC. I know Bob Griffin has had some health issues otherwise I could see him as a possible candidate for that job. Given the type of offense I think Rizzi wants to run I think Griffin would be a good choice. However, I think his health would prevent him from taking the job.

Ram Ball
December 26th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I didn't realize Griffin was sick. How old is he (approx)? I think he was an asst at Syracuse the last time I remember hearing about him?

Brad82
December 27th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Coach Griff. had Hodgkins. Looks behind him. Was last a asst. coach @ Holy Cross. Must be 65+. Be very surprised if he is on new staff.

Bos8
December 27th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks for all of the info.