PDA

View Full Version : Active FCS HCs with Most Career Wins So Far

bonarae
February 22nd, 2024, 04:24 PM
... Monmouth's Callahan and UNI's Farley are the top 2 now. The former has 182 and the latter has 180; Farley is not far behind and may overtake Callahan in the coming season.

https://theanalyst.com/na/2024/02/by-the-numbers-what-active-head-coaches-have-the-most-fcs-career-wins/

Milktruck74
February 23rd, 2024, 09:32 PM
Interesting. It would take more than 15 seasons (with some really good years) to crack the top 5. Based on the fact that an assistant at a P4 school is going to pay 2 or 3 times what a FCS HC makes....do we see those long term FCS HS going forward??? is this top 10 pretty set for the rest of time? I mean, if you are a winning FCS HC, you are probably getting lucrative offers to move....hmmmm.

PaladinNation
February 25th, 2024, 08:33 AM
Then you have a coach like Clay Hendrix at Furman.
He was an assistant at Furman for 19 seasons, then spent 10 seasons at Air Force before finally getting his first head coaching gig.
Clay's playing and coaching career spans 41 years.

Going into his eight-season at Furman Clay's record is 51-29.

It might sound weird to say this but I think Clay is now hitting his stride as a head coach.
He's proving to be great at continuing to evolve the Furman coaching staff with young talented coaches.
The culture he's built at Furman is special.
His leadership in handling the devastating loss of Bryce Stanfield was inspiring.
There is a lot to be said about the wisdom of a veteran coach.

I doubt Clay will ever crack the top five.
I have no idea how much longer CCH will coach Furman another 3-5 years, maybe?
All I know is I hope he stays as long as he wants to.