PDA

View Full Version : Rizzi hires ex-Millersville HC as DC @ Rhody

Brad82
December 22nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/214081

Any one know anything about him?
Compared to Millerville,Rhody will seem like UCONN in terms of FB recourses.

colorless raider
December 22nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/214081

Any one know anything about him?
Compared to Millerville,Rhody will seem like UCONN in terms of FB recourses.

Trainer is a good man. While his years at Colgate uner Sweeny were not good, he was. He went on to do a good job as DC at Villanova.

ngineer
December 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Millersville has had a very good program for many years, though they've slipped a little in past years to being 'middle of the pack' in the PSAC, which is a very competitive D-II conference.

Calif_Colonial
December 25th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Millersville has had a very good program for many years, though they've slipped a little in past years to being 'middle of the pack' in the PSAC, which is a very competitive D-II conference.

I'll give a shout out to the PSAC. Univ. of California, Penna. lost to Valdosto State in the semi's 28 to 24. Who went on to win the Championship. Yeah I live on the west coast, but I grew up 10 miles down the Mon. River from California, PA. That's 50 miles south of Pittsburgh, PA for those of you who don't know. Oh yeah, there are some players form the Mon Valley.

Hoyadestroya85
December 25th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Joe Trainer was the DC at Villanova during Finneran/Westbrook/Gordon era..
he did a good job.. and I wish him the best at URI

BloomHusky'01
December 26th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I am a Bloomsburg alum and I follow the PSAC and Millersville very closely. Though I went to Bloom, I currently live about 2 miles from the MU campus. Trainer did a decent job at Millersville considering the situation. The athletics department there is not in great shape. In terms of overall performance and funding, they are near the bottom of the PSAC. They've had some instability at the AD and SID positions and are finally getting that under control.

I've talked to many MU players over the past three years, and most of them really responded to Trainer and genuinely enjoyed playing for him. They were competitive at times, but very inconsistent. They would sometimes rise up and play tough against really good teams, but also had a tendency lose games they could (and should) have won. Trainer does know defense and he is a good motivator. He already has experience and success as a DC in the CAA so I think he will be a good fit at Rhode Island.