at HARVARD
COLGATE
at BROWN
PRINCETON
DARTMOUTH
at COLUMBIA
PENN

games Cornell will win are in CAPS xthumbsupx

The "at" in "at BROWN" is not capitalized, does that mean Brown will win?

otto4pres
December 20th, 2007, 01:30 PM
The "at" in "at BROWN" is not capitalized, does that mean Brown will win?

xsmhx

PantherRob82
December 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
at BUCKNELL
YALE
at LEHIGH
at HARVARD
COLGATE
at BROWN
PRINCETON
DARTMOUTH
at COLUMBIA
PENN

games Cornell will win are in CAPS xthumbsupx

As long as you remember that you are still Cornell. xthumbsupx

LacesOut
December 20th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Who are these 'Bears' you are referring to?

otto4pres
December 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Who are these 'Bears' you are referring to?

http://www.uscho.com/images/logos/cor.gif

UD1993
December 20th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Now. Now. Let's be nice. How many Heisman runners up does your school have??

I have a soft spot for the Big Red. My sister is an alum and (believe it or not) Cornell is quite the party school-- and that's coming from a Delaware alum. Go Blue Hens! Go Big Red!

LacesOut
December 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Cornell Big Red Bears?!?!

otto4pres
December 20th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Cornell Big Red Bears?!?!

just Big Red, the bear was put in to jazz up the logo a bit

LacesOut
December 20th, 2007, 03:17 PM
just Big Red, the bear was put in to jazz up the logo a bit

Ahhh, got it.

Pardon my ignorance.

ngineer
December 20th, 2007, 08:51 PM
http://www.uscho.com/images/logos/cor.gif

Funny, despite the mascot I've seen on occasion on certain Cornell stationary, etc. I've never heard Cornellians refer to themselves as "The Bears"..It's always been Big Red. I was recruited for football at Cornell in 1969 and never heard any reference to 'Bears'...when did this occur or is this some effort by the administration that is very slow in taking hold??xconfusedx

ngineer
December 20th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Now. Now. Let's be nice. How many Heisman runners up does your school have??

I have a soft spot for the Big Red. My sister is an alum and (believe it or not) Cornell is quite the party school-- and that's coming from a Delaware alum. Go Blue Hens! Go Big Red!

I remember a great bar called the "No. 9"...it was an old converted firehouse that had an actual old fire truck in the bar that we sat on while quaffing our beers and singing Lehigh fight songs...is the bar still there??

brownbear
December 20th, 2007, 08:59 PM
They definitely have a bear mascot at their football games.

But for the true bear, come to Providence and see the Brown Bears!!

YaleFootballFan
December 25th, 2007, 01:18 PM
They definitely have a bear mascot at their football games.

But for the true bear, come to Providence and see the Brown Bears!!

Last time I was in Ithaca, there were two bear mascots: a male and female.

I also remember the Yale Band playing the song from the Big Red Gum commercial as they walked by....LOL.

DFW HOYA
December 25th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I also remember the Yale Band playing the song from the Big Red Gum commercial as they walked by....LOL.

Cornell still has the best (and to some, the only) marching band in the Ivy League.

YaleFootballFan
December 25th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Cornell still has the best (and to some, the only) marching band in the Ivy League.

Maybe so, but the most original and most creative bands in the Ivy League belong to Brown, Columbia, Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn, Princeton and Yale. xthumbsupx

http://research.yale.edu/yaleband/ypmb/gallery/02-03/Cornell02/dscf0031.jpg

DFW HOYA
December 25th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Maybe so, but the most original and most creative bands in the Ivy League belong to Brown, Columbia, Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn, Princeton and Yale. xthumbsupx

I can't speak to Yale, but many of these schools use "creative" as an excuse for bands that are either unprepared for halftime exercises or just not very talented to begin with. Columbia's performance during 2006's Georgetown game had all the enthusiasm of a cafeteria lunch line.

brownbear
December 25th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I can't speak to Yale, but many of these schools use "creative" as an excuse for bands that are either unprepared for halftime exercises or just not very talented to begin with. Columbia's performance during 2006's Georgetown game had all the enthusiasm of a cafeteria lunch line.

Don't use Columbia's band as the reason to hate scramble bands. When we played Columbia this year, their band was terrible. They go out of their way not only to not march but also to not be a band. Their members all wore drag, and they had a terrible sound, I couldn't hear them at all throughout the whole game.

RadMann
December 25th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I went to a UD game at Princeton in the 80's and I can attest that the Princeton "band" was the worst college band I've seen. I know that they thought they were humorous in their attempt to mock a marching band, but it was just plain bad.