18. Georgia Southern 181
19. Fordham 169
20. Harvard 136
21. Yale 124
22. South Dakota State 116
23. Elon 107
24. Grambling State 96
25. Dayton 79
Others receiving votes (points in parentheses): Cal Poly (60), Villanova (51), Hofstra (42), Western Illinois (30), The Citadel (24), Jackson St. (19), Albany (18), Liberty (18), Montana St. (15), Norfolk St. (15), Furman (14), Sam Houston St. (11), South Carolina St. (9), San Diego (8), Prairie View A&M (7), Alabama A&M (6), Hampton (5), Holy Cross (4), Southern (3), Georgetown (2), Central Arkansas (1).

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86882

patssle
December 18th, 2007, 09:08 PM
McNeese above Montana? Interesting.

FargoBison
December 18th, 2007, 09:09 PM
12/18/07 FCS Coaches Poll by Points
Rank Team (1st Votes) Points
1. Appalachian State (27) 696
2. Delaware 653
3. Southern Illinois 618
4. Richmond 599
5. Northern Iowa (1) 571
6. Massachusetts 508
7. James Madison 500
8. Eastern Washington 464
9. North Dakota State 460
10. Wofford 449
11. McNeese State 434
12. Montana 418
13. Eastern Kentucky 337
14. New Hampshire 327
15. Eastern Illinois 251
16. Delaware State 237
17. Youngstown State 208
18. Georgia Southern 181
19. Fordham 169
20. Harvard 136
21. Yale 124
22. South Dakota State 116
23. Elon 107
24. Grambling State 96
25. Dayton 79
Others receiving votes (points in parentheses): Cal Poly (60), Villanova (51), Hofstra (42), Western Illinois (30), The Citadel (24), Jackson St. (19), Albany (18), Liberty (18), Montana St. (15), Norfolk St. (15), Furman (14), Sam Houston St. (11), South Carolina St. (9), San Diego (8), Prairie View A&M (7), Alabama A&M (6), Hampton (5), Holy Cross (4), Southern (3), Georgetown (2), Central Arkansas (1).

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86882

UNI getting a 1st place vote after losing to a team that App State crushed? Seeing something like that makes me happy we have a playoff to decide things.

Ivytalk
December 18th, 2007, 09:11 PM
The coaches flipped the positions of Harvard and Yale from our poll...appropriate in my view!xcoolx

Saint3333
December 18th, 2007, 09:14 PM
The funny thing is that one coach that voted UNI #1 voted ASU #5 (based on the totals). I guess he was too lazy to rearrange his votes after the playoffs...

BDKJMU
December 18th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Here's the 3 final polls side by side.
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86057

Comparing the last regular season poll to the final poll for MU:
-Sportsnetwork: #12, stayed at #12
-Coaches: #9, moved up to #7.
-AGS: #12, moved up to #10

I wonder if that is the 1st time a 4 loss (3 I-AA losses) 1st round playoff loss 8-4 team has ever finished in the top 10. Of course those 3 I-AA losses were by 1, 3, and 1 point to 3 of the final four, including the 2 NC game teams, highlighted of course by "the fumble" against ASU. Normally the SportsNetwork and Coaches Polls are either the same or within one or 2 spots among the top 15. To have a 5 spot disparity among one of the top dozen teams has to be rare. So JMU got some respect for their performance against ASU in that they stayed the same or moved up in the polls. With what should be a much better team next season at least the Coaches Poll should have JMU top 5 preseason (Before I was saying pre- season they "should" be considered top 5, but would more likely be #6-8, which they might be for the other 2 polls).

ngineer
December 18th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Georgetown received TWO VOTES???!!!!xeekx WTF are some of these people on??

thmst30
December 18th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Seriously who the hell gave UNI a #1 vote. They had a chance to prove it on the field but didn't.

TheBisonator
December 18th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Eastern Washington ahead of NDSU?? Can I buy some pot from these people??

GreatAppSt
December 18th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I like this pol best because JMU is in the top 10.xbowx

AZGrizFan
December 18th, 2007, 11:07 PM
McNeese above Montana? Interesting.

Just as surprising to me is JMU above 2nd round teams like Wofford. JMU lost to a team Wofford beat.... xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

ASUdrummer
December 19th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Just as surprising to me is JMU above 2nd round teams like Wofford. JMU lost to a team Wofford beat.... xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

By name yes...by health and level of performance...no

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2007, 01:31 AM

Come on, Edwards didn't play vs Wofford. ASU with Edwards healthy would beat Wofford 8,9 times out of 10. UR beat Wofford and then got smacked by 3 TDs by ASU with a healthy Edwards. And plus Wofford had the benefit of not having to play a real tough opponent in the 1st round...xlolx

I don't know if the polls are suppose to be for the whole season, or based on who you think would beat who head to head at the time (particular week the poll comes out).

JmuSkinsfan
December 19th, 2007, 01:37 AM
JMU essentially (fumble aside) beat the National Champion. But technically we lost...so cut it either way you want...but JMU was the only team that could contain Edwards and ASU. Ask anyone from App. and they will tell you who the best team they played all year was (not counting Michigan!)

This is the most accurate poll of them all. JMU should be top 10 and this is the first one that shows it. And let's be honest...the coaches who actually pay attention know more about FCS than us fans who pretend to know ;)

mvemjsunpx
December 19th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Come on, Edwards didn't play vs Wofford. ASU with Edwards healthy would beat Wofford 8,9 times out of 10. UR beat Wofford and then got smacked by 3 TDs by ASU with a healthy Edwards. And plus Wofford had the benefit of not having to play a real tough opponent in the 1st round...xlolx

I don't know if the polls are suppose to be for the whole season, or based on who you think would beat who head to head at the time (particular week the poll comes out).

Armanti Edwards did play versus Wofford, at least for half of the game. He was 11-18 for 107 yds. & an INT and rushed 11 times for 37 yards & a TD. He probably wasn't 100%, but Wofford contained him. Trey Elder's numbers were similar in that game.

extremerouge
December 19th, 2007, 03:59 AM
This is the most accurate poll of them all. JMU should be top 10 and this is the first one that shows it. And let's be honest...the coaches who actually pay attention know more about FCS than us fans who pretend to know ;)

do you believe JMU should be ahead of wofford and ndsu? montana and mcneese?

Hoyadestroya85
December 19th, 2007, 04:10 AM
as far as talent.. JMU is a top 5 team.. they absolutely destroyed a healthy Villanova team...

lucchesicourt
December 19th, 2007, 05:06 AM
San Diego still getting votes after being beaten by UCD the last two years, why? A mediocre UCD team beats an USD team that had a great record, but who did they play? It is obvious that USD is about the same caliber as UCD right now, maybe a step below.

tdoggs22
December 19th, 2007, 06:32 AM
JMU ahead of Wofford is rediculous! Any justification based on the participation of Edwards is just as rediculous. Edwards played against Wofford, and was as ineffective until he was injured. JMU LOST the game, and Wofford beat the 'Neers by 11. Sorry, but this is no contest.

tke504oa
December 19th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Wofford won but don't toot your horn too hard... Edwards was nowhere near healthy in that game... Also App was recovering from many other Michigan injuries... These are not excusses because Wofford was the better team on that day... I cannot tell you if both teams played healthy what would have happened but I can tell you that injuries played a role in the 11 point loss that was handed to appy... Same thing goes for Georgia Southern... I was sitting with a few Georgia Southern fans and they commented on how ineffective Edwards was compared to his normal play... They were the ones who contributed it to his still being injured and lol they said they were glad they were playing us then so they wouldn't have to face him at 100%.

DetroitFlyer
December 19th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Wow, Dayton wins the Gridiron Classic big and drops a spot in the final poll. Also ranked below Harvard, Yale and Fordham.... There is simply no justice for the PFL in the FCS world....

andy7171
December 19th, 2007, 08:02 AM
1-10 Georgetown received votes? What a friggin joke!

The Moody1
December 19th, 2007, 08:18 AM
JMU essentially (fumble aside) beat the National Champion. But technically we lost...so cut it either way you want...but JMU was the only team that could contain Edwards and ASU. Ask anyone from App. and they will tell you who the best team they played all year was (not counting Michigan!)

Do you already have your T-shirts printed?

JMU 2007 National Champions (essentially)

SuperEagle
December 19th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Wofford got hosed. They should be up much higher IMO. And injuries are part of the game. Wofford did beat App so I don't think they should be penalized for that. They were the AQ from the SOCON as well.
As far as Edwards being hurt against GSU, I guess we'll agree to disagree. He looked quick to me.
But, the ASU offense was not the problem that day. My Eagles went up and down the field and hung 38 points on the board. I think the defense was App's problem that day. They weren't even close to slowing down our #4.

tdoggs22
December 19th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Wofford won but don't toot your horn too hard... Edwards was nowhere near healthy in that game... Also App was recovering from many other Michigan injuries... These are not excusses because Wofford was the better team on that day... I cannot tell you if both teams played healthy what would have happened but I can tell you that injuries played a role in the 11 point loss that was handed to appy... Same thing goes for Georgia Southern... I was sitting with a few Georgia Southern fans and they commented on how ineffective Edwards was compared to his normal play... They were the ones who contributed it to his still being injured and lol they said they were glad they were playing us then so they wouldn't have to face him at 100%.

Edwards is awesome... granted. But if we are talking injuries then we must look at both sides. Kevious Johnson had re-injured his ankle the week before and did not practice the majority of the week prior to the App game.Talking to him after the game, he mentioned he couldn't make many of his usual cuts, but was able to drive off it effectively. Im not sure how much more productive he would have been, but a "healthy" Kevious may have widened the gap even more.

danefan
December 19th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Seriously....Georgetown?

As soon as you see that you should just throw this piece of crap poll out the window.

ASU_Pads
December 19th, 2007, 09:34 AM
If we were in the FBS, it would've been a #5 team playing a #12 team for the championship. Thank God for a playoff.

Eight Legger
December 19th, 2007, 09:44 AM
The UNI first-place vote is absurd, I think we can all agree on that one. I have no problem with JMU being where they are. That said, anyone who realistically thinks they would have been within 3 TDs of ASU in either of the last two games of the playoffs is kidding themselves. JMU had a chance to catch ASU when they were sluggish and didn't. The Dukes would have lost by more than UR and UD did had they played App later in the playoffs, without question.

ASUG8
December 19th, 2007, 09:48 AM
And plus Wofford had the benefit of not having to play a real tough opponent in the 1st round...xlolx

You're gonna get the bears out the woodwork for that one.....good luck!

ASUG8
December 19th, 2007, 09:50 AM

I'll agree with you - we had to exercise a lot of prayers to win that game. JMU certainly deserves postseason top 10, and I expect higher for preseason '08.

JMU2004
December 19th, 2007, 09:53 AM
The UNI first-place vote is absurd, I think we can all agree on that one. I have no problem with JMU being where they are. That said, anyone who realistically thinks they would have been within 3 TDs of ASU in either of the last two games of the playoffs is kidding themselves. JMU had a chance to catch ASU when they were sluggish and didn't. The Dukes would have lost by more than UR and UD did had they played App later in the playoffs, without question.

Ask ASU fans if their team was sluggish that day.....JMU and ASU were evenly matched, and JMU played their best game of the year.

We exploited their weakness...hell, we gave every other team a blue print. Ya'll simply chose not to use it.

ASUG8
December 19th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Wofford got hosed. They should be up much higher IMO. And injuries are part of the game. Wofford did beat App so I don't think they should be penalized for that. They were the AQ from the SOCON as well.
As far as Edwards being hurt against GSU, I guess we'll agree to disagree. He looked quick to me.
But, the ASU offense was not the problem that day. My Eagles went up and down the field and hung 38 points on the board. I think the defense was App's problem that day. They weren't even close to slowing down our #4.

Foster was on fire that game. With GSU up as much as they were late in the game and Elder finding a lot of points late, I'm surprised they yanked him for the final series. It may/may not have made a difference, but I would like to have seen what Elder could have done since he's a more efficient passer and AE had not had a stellar game up to that point. We'll never know, but it will always be an "L" for ASU.

ur2k
December 19th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Do you already have your T-shirts printed?

JMU 2007 National Champions (essentially)

Yeah, we essentially beat App as well. If Edwards didn't account for 7 touchdowns we totally would have won. And since we already beat Delaware during the season, the championship game would have not been played with the Spiders declared as your 'almost national champions (if not for Armanti Edwards)'xthumbsupx .

Does JMU realize that they did lose that game?

ASUG8
December 19th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Ask ASU fans if their team was sluggish that day.....JMU and ASU were evenly matched, and JMU played their best game of the year.

We exploited their weakness...hell, we gave every other team a blue print. Ya'll simply chose not to use it.

You controlled the TOP, but we scored quickly when on offense. When we were able to outscore a strong team like JMU in only :19, that says something about how we can march down a field. Also, I was impressed with our defense having been on the field for :40. Most other games this year they began to let down toward the end of the game, but they stepped up at just the right time to snatch the victory from JMU. Watching JMU get first downs on 3-10 and consistently converting 4th downs got almost embarrassing.

Lafayette71
December 19th, 2007, 10:27 AM
How did Georgetown end up on the "other receiving votes" list? Is that a typo?

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2007, 11:35 AM

JMU lost to UR by 1, and UD by 3, biggest factor being turnovers. UR lost to ASU by 3 TDs and UD by 4 TDs. So you're essentially saying that if JMU played played ASU a few weeks later they would have lost by more than 4 TDs after dominating statistically in the opening round but losing the only place it mattered, the scoreboard by 1 point? BS. Lay doen your crack pipe. JMU played ASU way closer than UR or UD in round one, and would have done the same if they were playing them 2-3 weeks later.

ChickenMan
December 19th, 2007, 11:45 AM

Anyone with half a brain could see that the ASU team playing in December was a far cry from the ASU team of late September and October.

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM
You controlled the TOP, but we scored quickly when on offense. When we were able to outscore a strong team like JMU in only :19, that says something about how we can march down a field. Also, I was impressed with our defense having been on the field for :40. Most other games this year they began to let down toward the end of the game, but they stepped up at just the right time to snatch the victory from JMU. Watching JMU get first downs on 3-10 and consistently converting 4th downs got almost embarrassing.

Being technical here, but was closer to 20 min TOP for ASU. Remember, for the 4 ASU TDs, 3 were very short drives, if you could even call them drives:
-one of those drive was 2 yards (after 77 fumble return),
-one was 27 yards (after INT)
-one was 31 yards (after the only 4th down JMU didn't convert late in the 4th qtr)

Only twice did ASU drove 50+ on JMU. One TD drive for 80 yards, and the field goal (52 yard drive)
I didn't forget about the 1st quarter Richardson fumble at the JMU 24- that drive started at the JMU 47 after the long opening kick return.

The other times ASU had the ball were punt, end of half, fumble, punt, end of game. Like has been said a million times, JMU's best chance was to play keep away and not lose the turnover battle. They succeeded on the 1st, failed on the latter, which equaled a loss.

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2007, 12:05 PM
JMU ahead of Wofford is rediculous! Any justification based on the participation of Edwards is just as rediculous. Edwards played against Wofford, and was as ineffective until he was injured. JMU LOST the game, and Wofford beat the 'Neers by 11. Sorry, but this is no contest.

Well if you wan to play that game
-Wofford lost to UR by 17 (JMU lost by 1)
-then UR got spanked by 3 TDs by ASU, who only beat JMU by 1 point.

The polls should only partially based on what you did in Sept, Oct. They shold be also be based on if the games were played this week (the week the poll comes out), who do you think is the better team.

NTHOMPSON
December 19th, 2007, 12:08 PM
WHERE WOULD YOU PUT NDSU IF THEY WENT UNDEFEATED? TOP 5?xchinscratchx

WMTribe90
December 19th, 2007, 03:02 PM
How did Georgetown end up on the "other receiving votes" list? Is that a typo?

Maybe a few coaches mistook this for a basketball poll?

Touchdown Yosef
December 19th, 2007, 03:08 PM

I think JMU is the reason that APP got their game together and did play so well the last three weeks. It was a wake up call to the team, and lucky for us it didn't cost us the National Championship. JMU has a great team but I think we have to thank them for showing our own players that we can be beat: at home and in the playoffs.

NYJMUSupporter
December 19th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Anyone who thinks that JMU would have been beaten by more than three touchdowns if we played App State later in the playoffs is smoking something! We had the speed to match up with App State, which is why we were able to contain them for the majority of the game. Hats off to the boys from Boone for finding a way to pull it out. I can't wait for our game next September. It is going to be the biggest home game in JMU history!

On a side note, I also cannot wait to crush UR at UR next year. There will be twice as many JMU fans at the game and we will once again be throwing a post game party at our second home in Richmond. Revenge is going to be so sweet!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 19th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I know that the season is over and all, so no new games to talk about, but enough with this woulda, coulda, shoulda BS. It really bothers me to hear JMU fans (and App St fans even) talking about talent, talent, talent... you sound like a bunch of ESPN analysts. The truth is football is a team sport and mental toughness is equally as important to winning championships as talent. JMU is not top 10 mentally tough. Until they consistently become a focused team that wins the big game by 1, 2 or 3 points, they will be in my mind an underdog team on the road against other top 10 teams. 2004 JMU was mentally tough - and returned from Chattanooga with a NC. Since then, from coaches to kickers, that mental toughness has lacked, in my opinion due in part to better "talent".

Anyway, I like this poll the most in terms of the top teams. I think it reflects how well the teams played down the stretch and where they finished by the end. I'm sure preseason will be about the same.

To answer the NDSU question - an undefeated NDSU would have to be an easy 2nd, maybe a third place, but no worse than #3.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 19th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Too illustrate my point, look at Montana. Certainly a top contender a year's beginning. But I can't help but feel a string of off field incidents led to a crack in what is usually one of the most mentally tough teams in the country. Why are they #12 in this poll? Just because of a 1st round loss? Perhaps, but I choose to believe they have top 5 talent with more head cases and distractions than usual.

But have no fear, the Griz shall return to BSC dominance yet again in 2008.

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
On a side note, I also cannot wait to crush UR at UR next year. There will be twice as many JMU fans at the game and we will once again be throwing a post game party at our second home in Richmond. Revenge is going to be so sweet!

Lets not start smack. The UR game next year is going to be VERY tough for both teams. It will likely be a close game.

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Too illustrate my point, look at Montana. Certainly a top contender a year's beginning. But I can't help but feel a string of off field incidents led to a crack in what is usually one of the most mentally tough teams in the country. Why are they #12 in this poll? Just because of a 1st round loss? Perhaps, but I choose to believe they have top 5 talent with more head cases and distractions than usual.

Sure Montana will be good, always are. But as far as returning to dominance, how can they be more Big Sky dominant than 8-0? Guess you haven't been paying attention, as even several of their own posters have pointed out that they lose A LOT off this season's team and their 08' team isn't likely to be as good as their 07' team.

ur2k
December 19th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Anyone who thinks that JMU would have been beaten by more than three touchdowns if we played App State later in the playoffs is smoking something! We had the speed to match up with App State, which is why we were able to contain them for the majority of the game. Hats off to the boys from Boone for finding a way to pull it out. I can't wait for our game next September. It is going to be the biggest home game in JMU history!

That's ok - we'll just get you guys back at home the year after.

mvemjsunpx
December 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM

If you watched the Wofford game, you would realize that the Griz didn't lose because of the off-the-field incidents. It was all X's & O's, namely some poor pass-blocking early & a lousy defensive gameplan.

flyenhigh
December 19th, 2007, 10:30 PM
All I can say is DAYTON was screwed in this poll. No logic to this madness.xcoffeex

pudge1963
December 26th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Who placed this vote and what message were they tryin' to convey?

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/polls/fcs

FCS Preview
December 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the boards. :D

There are already two threads on this:

Coaches Poll (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35000)

and

I Thought the Playoffs Determined the #1 Team (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35016)

JayJ79
December 26th, 2007, 02:38 PM
at least it wasn't a vote for Montana :p

Appaholic
December 26th, 2007, 02:47 PM

If "Ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a wonderful Christmas.....you realize that, not only technically, but in reality, JMU lost to App.....do JMU fans realize this? No amount of hindsight and rationalization is going to change that outcome......everybody states that App was lucky to get by JMU....

Luck = Preparation + Opportunity

All championship teams have to overcome adversity at some point...that's why they are champions. App St appreciates the wake-up call, but please don't embarrass yourself or JMU by laying some kind claim to that win via twisted logic.....you lost, get over it....you'll have a chance to redeem yourself next September...you had a chance to beat us, but choked....put the bullet back in your pocket, Barney......xcoffeex

Appaholic
December 26th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Let Northern Iowa have the one vote....I feel sorry for them.....such a shame.....xviolinx

crunifan
December 26th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I'm even a UNI fan and that has me as confused as you guys.

CamelCityAppFan
December 26th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I'm with Appaholic on this.

All of this "JMU essentially beat ASU" stuff is a big steaming pile.

The only 2 teams to essentially beat ASU this year were Georgia Southern and Wofford (hats off, more power to ya!).

Yes, JMU had a good game plan.

Yes, JMU led in a bunch of interesting, but irrelevant, statistical categories.

All credit to JMU for giving ASU a very tough game.

But when the clock hit 0:00, ASU had more points than JMU. ASU won that game-- technically, essentially, absolutely.

ASU didn't force JMU to go for it on 4th down deep in it's own territory. ASU didn't force JMU to run another play before kicking the field goal.

When presented opportunities to win the game, ASU took advantage. When given the same, JMU did not.

Get over it. Off-season's way too long to stew in your own juices over it. xcoffeex

Col Hogan
December 26th, 2007, 03:31 PM

Winnng in Football is like Being Pregnent....you either do or don't...

No technicalities...

JMU did not technically lose...You lost, no ifs, ands, or buts...

Big props to JMU on how they played the Mountaineers...but...it wasn't a technical loss.....it was a real, no ***** loss...

D1scout
December 26th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I'm even a UNI fan and that has me as confused as you guys.

Was NIU ever in the MAC at one time?

FCS Preview
December 26th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Was NIU ever in the MAC at one time?

NIU (Northern Illinois University) is currently a MAC school.
UNI is the University of Northern Iowa. They have not been in the MAC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-American_Conference

crunifan
December 26th, 2007, 09:57 PM
UNI has only been in Division I for about 25 years.

We were in the Mid-Con, then we moved to the Missouri Valley for all sports except football where we are in the Gateway.

paward
December 26th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Ok this is my first post and this thread has gone, ahh way too far.

ab4app
December 27th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah, we essentially beat App as well. If Edwards didn't account for 7 touchdowns we totally would have won. And since we already beat Delaware during the season, the championship game would have not been played with the Spiders declared as your 'almost national champions (if not for Armanti Edwards)'xthumbsupx .

Does JMU realize that they did lose that game?
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx I dont think they doxoopsx

LBPop
December 27th, 2007, 12:59 PM
In no way do I represent Georgetown, but I must say that I was a bit embarrassed to see that the Hoyas received votes. I can come up with a few ideas about what happened, but my real guess is that two voters who probably think this ranking stuff is silly, decided to make a statement by casting ludicrous votes. Of course another possibility is that they thought they were completing the ballot for Divison I basketball. xrolleyesx

GeauxLions94
December 27th, 2007, 04:14 PM
In no way do I represent Georgetown, but I must say that I was a bit embarrassed to see that the Hoyas received votes. I can come up with a few ideas about what happened, but my real guess is that two voters who probably think this ranking stuff is silly, decided to make a statement by casting ludicrous votes. Of course another possibility is that they thought they were completing the ballot for Divison I basketball. xrolleyesx

And here they are (the two guys on the left) ...

yosef1969
December 27th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I think Wofford's position is due to (other than the Montana win) struggles down the stretch. If they played the last month of the season the way they were when they beat App that ranking would have been higher, probably would have handled UR too.