PDA

View Full Version : Broadway rebuffs Florida A&M, will remain at Grambling

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 18th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Grambling State has kept Rod Broadway.
Details of a new deal to retain the first-year head football coach were not immediately available.

Broadway has just completed a turnaround 8-4 inaugural season at Grambling, highlighted by an appearance in Saturday’s Southwestern Athletic Conference Championship Game.

“We’re pleased Rod Broadway has chosen to remain head coach,” Grambling athletics director Troy Mathieu said tonight. “As he heads into year two, we hope to continue to build on the momentum of this season’s Western Division title.”

Broadway, at the end of the first season in a four-year deal at GSU, had been in talks over the past several days to take over the head coaching position at Florida A&M. He had also interviewed at Duke.

But all along Broadway insisted he was happy at Grambling.

"Nobody listened," Broadway said in a phone interview tonight. "Everybody had me doing this and doing that. They all had their own opinion. I've said all along that I think this is a good situation. You can win here."

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071218/UPDATES02/71218031

ERASU2113
December 18th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Is he planning to stay for awhile or more likely to be waiting for another job to come along?

Regardless, good job in keeping Broadway Grambling :D

TexasTerror
December 18th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Where does this leave FAMU? Who is next in the pecking order for the Rattlers?

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 18th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Where does this leave FAMU? Who is next in the pecking order for the Rattlers?

The nations #1 highschool team is coached by a Famu alum.

ERASU2113
December 18th, 2007, 08:42 PM
The nations #1 highschool team is coached by a Famu alum.

Miami Northwestern? Doesn't Rolle coach there? Can't think of his first name.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 18th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Yes. He is a Famu Grad.

Mr. Tiger
December 18th, 2007, 09:45 PM
FAMU will be fine. I'm glad Broadway is staying at Grambling. xthumbsupx

813Jag
December 18th, 2007, 10:16 PM
His name is Billy Rolle.

Big Dawg
December 19th, 2007, 02:12 AM
We'll be alright...as I said in the the other thread, nothing was official.

McNeese_beat
December 19th, 2007, 10:57 AM
We'll be alright...as I said in the the other thread, nothing was official.

Who do you think y'all will get? IMO, y'all are a sleeping giant...gotta get the right guy though. Do you think South Alabama adding football will hurt?

SU Jag
December 20th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Who do you think y'all will get? IMO, y'all are a sleeping giant...gotta get the right guy though. Do you think South Alabama adding football will hurt?

Noxsmhx xsmhx

Big Dawg
December 20th, 2007, 11:37 PM

Right now I can't even really say. This Broadway situation really threw a wrench into our plans, however there were other guys being considered.

South Alabama shouldn't really affect our recruiting that much...besides getting Florida recruits is the main focus. There is too much talent in this state.

SoCon48
December 21st, 2007, 07:03 AM
Grambling State has kept Rod Broadway.
Details of a new deal to retain the first-year head football coach were not immediately available.

Broadway has just completed a turnaround 8-4 inaugural season at Grambling, highlighted by an appearance in Saturday’s Southwestern Athletic Conference Championship Game.

“We’re pleased Rod Broadway has chosen to remain head coach,” Grambling athletics director Troy Mathieu said tonight. “As he heads into year two, we hope to continue to build on the momentum of this season’s Western Division title.”

Broadway, at the end of the first season in a four-year deal at GSU, had been in talks over the past several days to take over the head coaching position at Florida A&M. He had also interviewed at Duke.

But all along Broadway insisted he was happy at Grambling.

"Nobody listened," Broadway said in a phone interview tonight. "Everybody had me doing this and doing that. They all had their own opinion. I've said all along that I think this is a good situation. You can win here."

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071218/UPDATES02/71218031

He is a fine man, was a great player, a North Carolina native, and Grambling is fortunate to have him!!!!