PDA

View Full Version : What is the biggest game on your 2008 schedule?

DRDukes
December 17th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Looking ahead to the 2008 season, what is the biggest game on your schedule?

For the Dukes, it is simple. ASU v/s JMU in Harrisonburg.

TexasTerror
December 17th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Always is going to be the two rivalry games against SFA and TXST...

But from what I hear, we got a fun OOC game against a team from out east that may be even more attractive! :)

slostang
December 17th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Montana visiting San Luis Obispo Sept. 6th. A close second would be Cal Poly visiting McNeese State Sept. 13th.

brownbear
December 17th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Harvard comes to Providence, September 27

First Ivy game of a potential title season against the reigning conference champions, and we haven't beaten Harvard since 1999.

Our home game against Yale on November 8 will also be a big one.

DFW HOYA
December 17th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Georgetown at Yale, September 20.

UNIFanSince1983
December 17th, 2007, 09:56 PM
As always UNI vs SIU should be huge and this year we got NDSU also so that one I am looking forward too!

AZGrizFan
December 17th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Montana visiting San Luis Obispo Sept. 6th. A close second would be Cal Poly visiting McNeese State Sept. 13th.

Outside of the obvious conference tilts (@ EWU, MSU in Missoula), I'd agree---UM coming to Cal Poly. I am going to everything in my power to be there! Especially since I don't have to roadtrip to Flagstaff this year! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

WildCat In The Hat
December 17th, 2007, 10:01 PM
As a UNH fan-I definitely have to say UMASS at UNH. We have had 3 tough losses in a row against them.

stevdock
December 17th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Of course UNI on the road is going to be a great game. SIU is the biggest home game so far. As of right now I am looking forward to Central Conn. as it is the first game of the season for the Bison right now and unfortunately so far the only OOC game.

Eyes of Old Main
December 17th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Profile wise, South Carolina. Rivalry wise, Furman.

GannonFan
December 17th, 2007, 10:43 PM
As always, UD/nova - this time, in Newark.

GSU Just One More Time
December 17th, 2007, 11:21 PM
GSU vs ASU - 10/18/08
GSU vs Furman - 11/15/08
Both are always great games.
Biggest is going to be Furman because playoffs & Socon title are in the mix. (more times than not)

slostang
December 17th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Of course UNI on the road is going to be a great game. SIU is the biggest home game so far. As of right now I am looking forward to Central Conn. as it is the first game of the season for the Bison right now and unfortunately so far the only OOC game.

I have heard that Cal Poly is traveling to Fargo this year. If so, that will be another great game.

KiddBrewer
December 17th, 2007, 11:46 PM
App's biggest game.....

couldnt tell yaxoopsx

stevdock
December 18th, 2007, 12:04 AM
I have heard that Cal Poly is traveling to Fargo this year. If so, that will be another great game.

That MIGHT be our best home game of the season if/when that happens. Unfortunately this is a game that just isn't getting talked about up here, so we're gonna have to sit and wait for Taylor to announce it.

mainejeff
December 18th, 2007, 02:50 AM
For Maine:

at Iowa (for the money)
at Monmouth (for the best chance of winning a game)

Hoyadestroya85
December 18th, 2007, 03:13 AM
I'm gonna say Delaware..
but the game i'm looking forward to most is going to see Nova-Penn at Franklin Field
I"m also looking forward to heading to Morgantown.. but the result of that game is inconsequential

OL FU
December 18th, 2007, 06:46 AM
After a 6-5 season, every damn one of themxnodx

bluehenbillk
December 18th, 2007, 07:31 AM
As long as the coaches take it seriously this year it's 'Nova. Really looking forward to the 1st game of the year at Maryland though.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 18th, 2007, 07:31 AM
As a UNH fan-I definitely have to say UMASS at UNH. We have had 3 tough losses in a row against them.

Year in and year out for UNH the answer is the U Mass game.

I'm also looking froward to the trip to Army.

Cobblestone
December 18th, 2007, 07:40 AM

You guys are going there in 2008? We went there this past season. It's a great trip and a beautiful location. That was another game we could have won. If Stowers.... forget it.

We travel to BC in 2008.

WrenFGun
December 18th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I too am looking forward to the trip to Army, but I'll agree with my cohorts, it's UNH-UMass. Three straight devastating losses to Umass, and I've had enough of losing to them. The game could once again determine who wins the division and who's going to the playoffs.

Ud1Hens
December 18th, 2007, 08:04 AM
For Delaware it could be:

@ Maryland or
@ UMASS or
@ James Madison or
@ Richmond or
@ Furman

Rediculous road schedule...

McNeese72
December 18th, 2007, 08:13 AM
McNeese's biggest game will be the first game. After that, the second game. And after that, the third game and so on.

One game at a time, one game at a time.

Doc

appst97
December 18th, 2007, 08:39 AM

@ Maryland or
@ UMASS or
@ James Madison or
@ Richmond or
@ Furman

That looks brutal!!!

813Jag
December 18th, 2007, 08:42 AM
The usuals Jackson State, Grambling, and FAMU.

AppStsGr8
December 18th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Wow! Ud1Hens, if UD can survive that road schedule, I see another trip to NC in your future. That's a monster road schedule.

danefan
December 18th, 2007, 08:49 AM
For Albany its tough to narrow down:

@UMass
@Delaware
@Hofstra
@UNH

?
We are playing in the NEC and CAA next year if anyone was wondering.

asu7
December 18th, 2007, 08:58 AM
SAMFORD

xrotatehx xrotatehx :D
I kid ... I kid xnodx xlolx

89Hen
December 18th, 2007, 09:17 AM

@ Maryland or
@ UMASS or
@ James Madison or
@ Richmond or
@ Furman

What he said. Could be a long year for the Hens in 2008. xeyebrowx

89Hen
December 18th, 2007, 09:18 AM
For Albany its tough to narrow down:

@UMass
@Delaware
@Hofstra
@UNH

?
We are playing in the NEC and CAA next year if anyone was wondering.
Hey, you could win two conferences. The Hens won the Gateway again this year without winning the CAA. xsmiley_wix

danefan
December 18th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Hey, you could win two conferences. The Hens won the Gateway again this year without winning the CAA. xsmiley_wix
Ahhh...just imagine if we go 12-0 or with that schedule.....I'd argue for #4 seed. xeyebrowx xwhistlex :p xrolleyesx

JoshUCA
December 18th, 2007, 09:35 AM
The games I am looking forward to the most on our schedule for next year are:

vs. UC Davis on 9/6
@ Tulsa on 9/27
vs. McNeese State on 11/22

Bobcat in NC
December 18th, 2007, 09:47 AM
As always, Cat/Griz. After that, I'd say EWU as the road to the BSC title (I'm guessing) will go right through them.

OOC - Minnesota

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 18th, 2007, 09:55 AM

I too am looking forward to the trip to Army, but I'll agree with my cohorts, it's UNH-UMass. Three straight devastating losses to Umass, and I've had enough of losing to them. The game could once again determine who wins the division and who's going to the playoffs.

No argument about the UMass game being the biggest, but the Army game is the one that is number one on my list to attend. I'll still be a season ticket holder, but it's the one that I will organize my work schedule around! It has the can't miss label on it already.

From multiple sources I've heard that attending a game at West Point is one of the best collegiate football experiences to be found. I have an alum friend who used to live near Danbury, CT and often went to Army football games. He said they went as early as possible, tailgated for breakfast, went to the parade grounds to watch the Cadets march, tailgated for lunch, then went to the stadium to watch the Cadets march in, etc.

Like in 2005, I will miss a home game if necessary in order to attend the game at West Point. I'm not a morning person, but I will be at West Point early that morning!!

CSUBUCDAD
December 18th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Every year it is Coastal, regardless of who else is on the schedule.

gasouthern01
December 18th, 2007, 10:22 AM
We open up with UGA and I hope no one gets hurt. we will be starting a lot of Freshman and they will be a top 3 team in the country. I know this game doesn't mean much to the Socon race and the FCS world, but for us GSU folks it's a game we want to play well in. Then the App game and then Furman

Go...gate
December 18th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Furman.

lizrdgizrd
December 18th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Wish we knew. I'd say JMU at this point but who knows who we'll play. :o

siuham
December 18th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I can't wait for either of the Dakota games. Northern Iowa as always, but the Dakotas are really going to spark our conference.

bostonspider
December 18th, 2007, 01:18 PM
For UR, I would think it would be the game @ UVA, followed by the JMU game @ UR, and then UR @ W&M and UD @ UR....

wapiti
December 18th, 2007, 02:12 PM
For Montana State it will be UM and the NC game in December.

lizrdgizrd
December 18th, 2007, 02:14 PM
For Montana State it will be UM and the NC game in December.
I don't know why watching the NC game on TV will be such a big deal for MSU. xconfusedx

wapiti
December 18th, 2007, 02:16 PM
I don't know why watching the NC game on TV will be such a big deal for MSU. xconfusedx

Is the NC not on your schedule? ohh too bad.

lizrdgizrd
December 18th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Is the NC not on your schedule? ohh too bad.
It's not on my TV schedule. xsmiley_wix

WCU LawCat
December 18th, 2007, 02:50 PM
The biggest game right now will be the first home game under a new coaching staff....then probably the late home game for The Jug against App.

ASUG8
December 18th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I'd say JMU away for sure, with Elon following behind at the Rock. One or both of those could be trumped if we schedule a Div-IA game.

danefan
December 18th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I'd say JMU away for sure, with Elon following behind at the Rock. One or both of those could be trumped if we schedule a Div-I game .
xspankx

xpopcornx

lizrdgizrd
December 18th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I'd say JMU away for sure, with Elon following behind at the Rock. One or both of those could be trumped if we schedule a Div-I game.

xnonono2x

MountaineerGuy
December 18th, 2007, 03:19 PM
I've heard that we still have a contract to play LSU at some point...if they win the BCS (or even if they don't) and we schedule them I think that could be a little bit of a big deal.

Overall, I have to agree with ASUGTO. If we schedule an FBS game, all eyes will be on us to see if we can pull it out again. Past that, JMU should be a great game. I know people are saying Elon is the next biggest, but I think @GSU will be up there. We want some revenge, and they always come out to play.

Grizalltheway
December 18th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Outside of the obvious conference tilts (@ EWU, MSU in Missoula), I'd agree---UM coming to Cal Poly. I am going to everything in my power to be there! Especially since I don't have to roadtrip to Flagstaff this year! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

I'll be sure to buy you a beer if you do (or maybe you could buy me some :o :D ).

FurmanPaladins4138
December 18th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Well, personally, I can't wait for Delaware at Furman.

@ App and vs. GSU will be huge as well...assuming we can get a better record than last year...

BEAR
December 18th, 2007, 03:50 PM
For UCA and myself, it's either UCA at Tulsa or McNeese at UCA for the conference championship....:D xlolx

GoAgs72
December 18th, 2007, 05:34 PM
For UC Davis:

San Jose State - FBS and tough first game of season
Montana - tough away game
Cal Poly - especially if we can find a way to beat them at their place
Eastern Washington - but still not sure if they are on the schedule

ASUG8
December 18th, 2007, 06:14 PM
xspankx

xpopcornx

C'mon, look at this season. Clearly the Michigan game was the biggest on our regular schedule. Most of the rest of the season games were competitive (two of them too competitive!), but not on a stage of the UMich size. If you go into the playoffs, the JMU game had to be it (for the luck factor), with EWU just behind. I'm just saying that the UMich game was a defining win for all of FCS, especially ASU. Maybe that wouldn't matter too much next season since it's old news now, and it would definitely depend on the quality of team we could get.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 18th, 2007, 06:16 PM
The usuals Jackson State, Grambling, and FAMU.

You forgot Tenn.ST. xthumbsupx

ElonPride
December 18th, 2007, 06:22 PM
I know people are saying Elon is the next biggest, but I think @GSU will be up there. .

I never thought I would hear that in a sentence!xsmiley_wix

Right now I would say Richmond, because that's Elon's season opener. A win could really set the tempo for the rest of the season.

After that I would say App. I hope App fans are embracing the target yet again! xsmiley_wix

appstate38
December 18th, 2007, 06:23 PM
App Fans, I am going to take a page out of the Coach Moore playbook and go with the 1st game on our schedule as the biggest game of 2008. One game at a time is part of the formula for success up on the mountain.

JohnStOnge
December 18th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Hopefully, the first round playoff game. Then the second round playoff game. Etc.

RookieBison
December 18th, 2007, 06:36 PM
SDSU game to end the season. Both teams may be vying for a playoff spot at this time, and there is a lot of bad blood after the last game.

Seawolf97
December 18th, 2007, 07:51 PM
For Stonybrook - when Hofstra visits- we have to win one of these!
Road game at Liberty- they were the best in the Big South in 2007. It should be a good test for the Seawolves.

RadMann
December 18th, 2007, 08:04 PM
For me probably Nova. "Murlyn" is going to be cool too, although it would have been better had UD's team from this year faced the Terrapins.

danefan
December 18th, 2007, 08:07 PM
C'mon, look at this season. Clearly the Michigan game was the biggest on our regular schedule. Most of the rest of the season games were competitive (two of them too competitive!), but not on a stage of the UMich size. If you go into the playoffs, the JMU game had to be it (for the luck factor), with EWU just behind. I'm just saying that the UMich game was a defining win for all of FCS, especially ASU. Maybe that wouldn't matter too much next season since it's old news now, and it would definitely depend on the quality of team we could get.

Not referring to that.
Referrnig to the "Div-I" reference. All of our games are Div-I games (except of course if you're Georgia Southern or Dayton)xrolleyesx

NDSUFREAK
December 18th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Biggest Road game - UNI - Should be a party with BISON fans traveling down to Iowa!! Dome Invasion Numero Dos...? :p

Biggest Home games - SIU and then SDSU...it will be hell in the FFD for the bunnies next year, and you can count on that :)

DTSpider
December 18th, 2007, 08:24 PM
For UR, I would think it would be the game @ UVA, followed by the JMU game @ UR, and then UR @ W&M and UD @ UR....

I think the opener @ Elon has to be up there as well. We need to win that game to start the one for the year. I know everyone is talking UVA, but we've got to hold our own in the other OOC games. Apparently we've scheduled 4 and I think we need to 3-1 or better to have a chance at the playoffs.

BDKJMU
December 18th, 2007, 08:27 PM
home UMass- revenge game #1 (last played 05' @ UMass in 10-7 loss)
home ASU- revenge game #2
home UD- revenge game #3
@ UR-revenge game #4

ASU by far will be not only the biggest of the season, but come Sept 20 if ASU is 2-0/3-0 and still ranked #1 (esp if they don't pick up a good I-A team, and even if they lost to a good one, they still might remain #1) and IF JMU can win @ Duke, and at home against NC Central and UMass, that would set up #1 3 time defending champ with "Heisman mention' Edwards @ likely top 5 (#2-4) JMU (assumig JMU starts out #6-8 and some of the teams in front lose during the 1st 3 weeks, as most have to play I-As).
-For JMU would be a chance to avenge their most devastating loss in the history of JMU football (I'm not exaggerating) with the biggest home game in 32? years of JMU football. (JMU hosted one 2nd round game, 24-21 loss to Bowden coached Samford in 91', last hosted a #1 in Sept 95' when lost to #1 McNeese I think was 20-14 when JMU was I think top 10, year after JMU lost @ Marshall in the quarterfinals).

If this is a mid afternoon or better yet night game this will be by far the hottest ticket ever at JMU (Gosh I pray for some TV reason they don't make this a noon game). With plenty of ASU fans interested and Boone only about a 4 1/2 hr drive, could probably fill a 25k stadium for this one, but unfortunately Bridgeforth will be bursting at the seems with about 17k tops (stadium capacity is 14.5k, highest attendance 06-07' was 06' night game with UD, 16k+) unless they put more temp bleacher seating on the one end zone opposite the Plecker Athletic Performance Center). I think even then 18k would be max.

BearsCountry
December 19th, 2007, 05:23 AM
How about this 4 game stretch:
Oct. 25 Southern Illinois
Nov. 1 at South Dakota State
Nov. 8 at Northern Iowa
Nov. 15 North Dakota State

Hoyadestroya85
December 19th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Actually... let me change my mind.. Tie between Delaware and JMU..
Delaware because of the Rivalry and JMU because of the Implications on the division..
all of you UD fans thinking about going to College park to see the game should absolutely do it.. its a great environment if you've never been...

Tribe4SF
December 19th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Beyond the annual rivalry games, the big ones for the Tribe are...

@ NC State - Tribe fans have been traveling well to our annual ACC games.

Norfolk State - Teams haven't met since 1985. That game drew the second largest crowd in Zable Stadium history, with over 18,000 in attendance. With the Spartans on the rise, this is a very interesting matchup.

bandl
December 19th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Looking ahead to the 2008 season, what is the biggest game on your schedule?

For the Dukes, it is simple. ASU v/s JMU in Harrisonburg.

I have to politely disagree. :o

While ASU vs. JMU is indeed a very big game, and will certainly be a joy to watch, I think that a biggest game for JMU is against a worthy CAA opponent. UD, UR and UMass are all very big games that will certainly determine the pecking order in the CAA. xreadx I'm a sucker for the big inner-conference games as opposed to the OOC games.

bodoyle
December 19th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Home Game: chucky south

overall: @ Penn State

Hambone
December 19th, 2007, 07:35 AM
For UND, all games are big games for the first year of transition. Since I'm not sure of the complete schedule, the biggest games from the rumored schedule would be @Poly, @McNeese and @Davis. I can't wait to see who else we play, as I'm excited for it all. xthumbsupx xpeacex

terrierbob
December 19th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Profile wise, South Carolina. Rivalry wise, Furman.

Agreed. As a litmus test, I'd add Elon.

andy7171
December 19th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Navy. First time we'll be playing a I-A/FBS school.
After that, the Delaware and JMU games.

Coastal Carolina should be a nice road trip!

ncbears
December 19th, 2007, 08:14 AM
EVERY GAME

ASUG8
December 19th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Not referring to that.
Referrnig to the "Div-I" reference. All of our games are Div-I games (except of course if you're Georgia Southern or Dayton)xrolleyesx

I edited - stupid mistake.

bamamountaineer1013
December 19th, 2007, 08:21 AM
For me probably the biggest game is the JMU game, those boys are going to come out hungry to try and beat us this year, and since that game is early in the season I could see it setting the stage for the rest of the season.

ASUG8
December 19th, 2007, 08:24 AM
home UMass- revenge game #1 (last played 05' @ UMass in 10-7 loss)
home ASU- revenge game #1
home UD- revenge game #3
@ UR-revenge game #4

ASU by far will be not only the biggest of the season, but come Sept 20 if ASU is 2-0/3-0 and still ranked #1 (esp if they don't pick up a good I-A team, and even if they lost to a good one, they still might remain #1) and IF JMU can win @ Duke, and at home against NC Central and UMass, that would set up #1 3 time defending champ with "Heisman mention' Edwards @ likely top 5 (#2-4) JMU (assumig JMU starts out #6-8 and some of the teams in front lose during the 1st 3 weeks, as most have to play I-As).
-For JMU would be a chance to avenge their most devastating loss in the history of JMU football (I'm not exaggerating) with the biggest home game in 32? years of JMU football. (JMU hosted one 2nd round game, 24-21 loss to Bowden coached Samford in 91', last hosted a #1 in Sept 95' when lost to #1 McNeese I think was 20-14 when JMU was I think top 10, year after JMU lost @ Marshall in the quarterfinals).

If this is a mid afternoon or better yet night game this will be by far the hottest ticket ever at JMU (Gosh I pray for some TV reason they don't make this a noon game). With plenty of ASU fans interested and Boone only about a 4 1/2 hr drive, could probably fill a 25k stadium for this one, but unfortunately Bridgeforth will be bursting at the seems with about 17k tops (stadium capacity is 14.5k, highest attendance 06-07' was 06' night game with UD, 16k+) unless they put more temp bleacher seating on the one end zone opposite the Plecker Athletic Performance Center). I think even then 18k would be max.

Good assessment - you guys have every right to put us at the top of the list after what happened in the playoffs against us. ASU travels well, so I would expect strong representation at JMU (if you'll sell us some tickets!). You should have a great team this year, and I'll wish you luck on all but one of them.xthumbsupx

bodoyle
December 19th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Navy. First time we'll be playing a I-A/FBS school.
After that, the Delaware and JMU games.

Coastal Carolina should be a nice road trip!

You're just using us for our ocean/beach! xnonono2x

:p :p :p :p

UNHWILDCATS05
December 19th, 2007, 10:17 AM

No argument about the UMass game being the biggest, but the Army game is the one that is number one on my list to attend. I'll still be a season ticket holder, but it's the one that I will organize my work schedule around! It has the can't miss label on it already.

From multiple sources I've heard that attending a game at West Point is one of the best collegiate football experiences to be found. I have an alum friend who used to live near Danbury, CT and often went to Army football games. He said they went as early as possible, tailgated for breakfast, went to the parade grounds to watch the Cadets march, tailgated for lunch, then went to the stadium to watch the Cadets march in, etc.

Like in 2005, I will miss a home game if necessary in order to attend the game at West Point. I'm not a morning person, but I will be at West Point early that morning!!

Really looking forward to that trip to Army! I hope UNH or the NY alumni chapter sets up a get together as it appears there will be a large UNH contingent.

Ivytalk
December 19th, 2007, 10:39 AM
As the defending Ivy champs, Harvard will be the target of each other school in the League. However, Yale (as usual) will be Harvard's biggest game. With McLeod back for one more year, Yale may be the pre-season favorite again.

Cobblestone
December 19th, 2007, 10:59 AM

I'd like a road game against you guys as well. Yes, the ocean, the beach and a chance to meet CCUCheer are all good enough reasons for me. And with a new coaching staff we might just win.

mrklean
December 19th, 2007, 11:06 AM
UGA
App. St.
Furman

I hope we go 2 out of 3!!!

bodoyle
December 19th, 2007, 11:07 AM
I'd like a road game against you guys as well. Yes, the ocean, the beach and a chance to meet CCUCheer are all good enough reasons for me. And with a new coaching staff we might just win.

Now CCUCheer is a selling point for us??

President DeCenzo welcome message: Come enroll @ Coastal Carolina University. Besides getting a premier undergraduate education, you run the chance of meeting the one.... the only.... CCUCheer!

CDB to football recruit: Son, come play @ Coastal Carolina University, you will be given a fair shake at PT, we are upgrading our facilities and you might just meet CCUCheer.

:p :p :p :p :p

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I have to politely disagree. :o

While ASU vs. JMU is indeed a very big game, and will certainly be a joy to watch, I think that a biggest game for JMU is against a worthy CAA opponent. UD, UR and UMass are all very big games that will certainly determine the pecking order in the CAA. xreadx I'm a sucker for the big inner-conference games as opposed to the OOC games.

UMass because they probably will be top dog in CAA North, UR, UD, and you didn't mention Nova because they will probably be the 3 top CAA South opponents. Also W&M could finish .500 or above- at least 17 starters back including Phillips. CAA South is going to be LOAADEED. But I have to respectfully disagree, If both ASU and JMU come in undefeated, or at least ASU is still #1 regardless of whether or not they get a I-A to play them, that will be the biggest home game in the history of JMU football. Most people who've followed JMU football for a long time will tell you that. Again, #1, 3x national champs, QB with Heisman mention, gave JMU most devasting loss ever in 1st round of playoffs season before, JMU top 5 (if 3-0). Those CAA games won't even come close.

Cobblestone
December 19th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Now CCUCheer is a selling point for us.

President DeCenzo welcome message: Come enroll @ Coastal Carolina University. Besides getting a premier undergraduate education, you run the chance of meeting the one.... the only.... CCUCheer!

CDB to football recruit: Son, come play @ Coastal Carolina University, you will be given a fair shake at PT, we are upgrading our facilities and you might just meet CCUCheer.
:p :p :p :p :p

football recruit (if it's Cobblestone) to CDB: Where do I sign! xthumbsupx

andy7171
December 19th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Damn Straight! xlolx

LacesOut
December 19th, 2007, 11:31 AM
As always, UD/nova - this time, in Newark.

x2.

Even when I'm not really into following the Blue Hens, this is a game where I actually do check and see if they won/lost.

ATrain
December 19th, 2007, 12:06 PM
For Liberty:

In-conference road game:
@ Coastal Carolina
In-conference home game:
Gardner-Webb
OOC roadie:
@ Youngstown State
OOC home:
Elon

terrierbob
December 19th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Interesting that none of our SoCon brothers consider a game with Wofford significant. Maybe that means they'll overlook us!

bandl
December 19th, 2007, 12:23 PM
UMass because they probably will be top dog in CAA North, UR, UD, and you didn't mention Nova because they will probably be the 3 top CAA South opponents. Also W&M could finish .500 or above- at least 17 starters back including Phillips. CAA South is going to be LOAADEED. But I have to respectfully disagree, If both ASU and JMU come in undefeated, or at least ASU is still #1 regardless of whether or not they get a I-A to play them, that will be the biggest home game in the history of JMU football. Most people who've followed JMU football for a long time will tell you that. Again, #1, 3x national champs, QB with Heisman mention, gave JMU most devasting loss ever in 1st round of playoffs season before, JMU top 5 (if 3-0). Those CAA games won't even come close.

I hear you....like I said, it's a huge game, but I'm just a sucker for the CAA games vs. the OOC games. MAYBE if the game was towards the end of the season and the game meant a probable seed for one of the two teams (not like that would matter though, it's written in the NCAA bylaws that JMU not be allowed a home game, ever xsmhx ), it would be my #1 game. But it's early in the season, meaning both teams would have plenty of time to recover if they lose. xpeacex

GGASU
December 19th, 2007, 12:51 PM
@ Georgia Southern

We owe them one for stopping our home winning streak.

appstate38
December 19th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Interesting that none of our SoCon brothers consider a game with Wofford significant. Maybe that means they'll overlook us!

Nope not at all... You guys aren't our 1st game of the year. That one is the biggest game for the Apps as far as I am concerned.

thirdgendin
December 19th, 2007, 01:29 PM

We're in no position to do that after this season. xbawlingx

SactoHornetFan
December 19th, 2007, 01:50 PM
As always, The Causeway Classic. However, we are facing Colorado State, as well as Montana and Eastern.

terrierbob
December 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
OK, fine. I was about to get a familiar, comfy, Terrier chip on my shoulder. Hope we can find one before next season. ( a chip)

mrklean
December 19th, 2007, 02:11 PM
@ Georgia Southern

That was pay back from the BVG team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUHawker
December 19th, 2007, 02:33 PM
It's basically the same answer every year for Lehigh: Lafayette.

After that I say Colgate and Villanova.

Hoyadestroya85
December 19th, 2007, 02:38 PM
It's basically the same answer every year for Lehigh: Lafayette.

After that I say Colgate and Villanova.

How is Lehigh supposed to be next year?

Minuteman87
December 19th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Our OOC game against FBS is at Texas Tech. That could get ugly.
Looking forward to Delaware coming to Amherst.

ngineer
December 19th, 2007, 08:13 PM

@ Maryland or
@ UMASS or
@ James Madison or
@ Richmond or
@ Furman

Agreed..if you guys run that gauntlet with no more than 2 losses you should be in great shape..xnodx

proasu89
December 19th, 2007, 08:15 PM

What About Bob?

sorry for the old movie reference

ngineer
December 19th, 2007, 08:17 PM
For us it's always the 'same ol', same ol'...Lafayette! Game #144.

As to the others, Villanova, with a lot of preseason expectations, should be a real challenge on the road. Colgate and Fordham at home should also be intense.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2007, 08:18 PM
SIU at home
Renewing the rivalry with UNI on the road, if I can get tickets.

GOKATS
December 19th, 2007, 08:30 PM
So far @ Minnesota. A couple OOC games haven't been finalized yet.

In conference EWU at home and UM on the road.

LarryBoy
December 19th, 2007, 08:43 PM
In order:

1) App State (@ Boone): I think this one is obvious.
2) Wofford (@ Spartanburg): 6-5 bites, but nothing stung more than having our home winning streak smashed by the puppies. Time to repay the favor.
3) Delaware (@ home): An early win over the hens would do wonders for our program; we have been inconsistent against the CAA and taking down a (likely) top-10 powerhouse at Paladin Stadium will remind fans that, hey, we're a powerhouse, too.
4) Virginia Tech (@ Blacksburg): This game is not important because of the win or loss possibilities, but rather because it's the opener and we'll see how the new-look Paladins handle adversity. If this one isn't painful to watch, I'll be hopeful for the season.
5) Georgia Southern (@ home): Wow, GSU at #5? Our schedule is a little loaded...Winning in Statesboro this year really put a nice sheen on a disappointing season (Furman was running on almost all cylinders, finally, at that point), and the Eaglets will come to Greenville with the crazy eyes of revenge.
6) Elon (@ Elon): Leave it to Furman to allow Scott Riddle to break seemingly every passing record in the SoCon books and still be able to pull out a win. Let's hope for a little defense this time around.

Pard94
December 22nd, 2007, 03:55 PM

As usual...not quite as good as Lafayette.xnodx

ngineer
December 22nd, 2007, 04:11 PM

We have a pretty good core returning on both sides of the ball. The question mark will be at QB. There will at least 3 auditioning in the Spring: one junior and two sophs. I do hear we are on the trail of a couple strong-armed HS QBs, but I doubt any would make the starting lineup. However, I would definitely consider us underdogs down on the Main Line on September 13 with what you guys have returning.

CID1990
December 22nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
They are ALL big games. In terms of in state bragging rights, our game against Clempson is a big one. We actually have a chance at the upset in that one. We finish against Florida, but we will get Tebowed in that game.

Our games against ASU, Furple and WoCo are all on the road, so those will be big, as well.

Col Hogan
December 22nd, 2007, 06:36 PM
For profile - @ Texas Tech
For rivalry - UNH, who else!!!!

Wish I could get to Amherst for the Delaware game...but I will get to JMU this year for that game!!!!!!

poly51
December 22nd, 2007, 06:50 PM
For Cal Poly
1. Montana @ Cal Poly
2. @McNeese
3. UC Davis @ Cal Poly
4. @ San Diego State

JALMOND
December 22nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
From what I hear we've got both EWU and the Griz in Portland this next year. Both should be big.

No doubt Glanville will want a "Griz-type" crowd for those games. I hope we don't get a crowd favored more towards the visitors.

birdbrain
December 22nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
We still have an open date:

08/30/08 at Marshall Huntington, W. Va. TBA
---------OPEN
09/13/08 at Murray State Murray, Ky. TBA
09/20/08 vs. Eastern Illinois Normal, Ill. 6:30 p.m. CT
---------OPEN
10/04/08 at Indiana State * Terre Haute, Ind. 11:00 a.m. CT
10/11/08 at Northern Iowa * Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA
10/18/08 vs. Missouri State * Normal, Ill. 2:30 p.m. CT
10/25/08 vs. North Dakota State * Normal, Ill. 1:30 p.m. CT
11/01/08 vs. Youngstown State * Normal, Ill. 1:30 p.m. CT
11/08/08 at South Dakota St. * Brookings, S.D. 1:00 p.m. CT
11/15/08 at Western Illinois * Macomb, Ill. TBA
11/22/08 vs. Southern Illinois * Normal, Ill. 1:30 p.m. CT

gr8ness97
December 23rd, 2007, 01:24 AM
dont know our other OOC game yet, but we will be ready to play the other 2 NC HBCU schools...NC A&T and NCCU...outside of that, SCSU and Howard are looking like 2 up and coming rivalries...

bodoyle
December 23rd, 2007, 09:33 AM

---------OPEN
---------OPEN

Come to the beach ISU! xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
December 23rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
We have a pretty good core returning on both sides of the ball. The question mark will be at QB. There will at least 3 auditioning in the Spring: one junior and two sophs. I do hear we are on the trail of a couple strong-armed HS QBs, but I doubt any would make the starting lineup. However, I would definitely consider us underdogs down on the Main Line on September 13 with what you guys have returning.
We do have a pretty good winning streak at home as of recently..

GoAgs72
December 23rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
For all Sac State fans. What happened to the sacbuzz.com web site?

slostang
December 23rd, 2007, 11:29 PM

---------OPEN
---------OPEN

I had heard that Cal Poly and ISU have talked in the past about a game, but did not have a common open date. Maybe this year they can work it out.xnodx

YaleFootballFan
December 25th, 2007, 01:43 PM
For Yale, its a no-brainer: Harvard. It's been our biggest game for 124 years!

And next year, we're taking the Ivy title back! xnodx

ViennaSpider
December 25th, 2007, 03:26 PM

Beating I-64W would be oh so sweet! My daughter and her fiancé, both UVa grads, would never live that down. But I really, really like beating the Tribe. (Oldest football rivalry in the South.) I've sat through, maybe, forty of those games and most did not have a happy outcome, especially in the '90s. Things have been better of late, however.

KiddBrewer
December 25th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Im a bit worried bout us finding a FCS game.......

ofcourse we didnt know about michigan until a little way into 2007...

ofcourse things have changed since...

hope our OOC schedule isnt terrible....xnonono2x

Husky Alum
December 25th, 2007, 09:20 PM
For Northeastern...

UMass - we haven't beaten them since L'Affiare Don Brown
@ W&M - we've never won there

GeeWiz
December 25th, 2007, 10:40 PM
For Northeastern...

UMass - we haven't beaten them since L'Affiare Don Brown
@ W&M - we've never won there

UMass ... for obvious reasons

Ball State - We could start the season on a great note

Saluki_man
December 27th, 2007, 06:49 PM
SIU's OCC games are @Northwestern (I think that is this for next year), Hampton in Carbondale, and one (maybe two) open date(s). The two biggest games are @NDSU and UNI. I would expect that @YSU and WIU are going to be tough.

mrklean
December 27th, 2007, 07:25 PM
UGA
App. St.
Furman

Eagles in 08
GATA

yosef1969
December 27th, 2007, 07:58 PM
UGA
App. St.
Furman

Eagles in 08
GATA

GSU
FU
JMU
No FBS on the schedule as of now. (but heard a promising rumor today!! We'll see)

KJ Eagle
December 28th, 2007, 07:20 AM
@ Georgia Southern

You're welcome!!! xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
December 28th, 2007, 08:35 AM
GSU
FU
JMU
No FBS on the schedule as of now. (but heard a promising rumor today!! We'll see)

What's the rumor?

Appinator
December 28th, 2007, 08:50 AM
GSU
FU
JMU

Yeah, You can't leave us hanging like that!

jstate83
December 28th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Don't know our full schedule yet, but with due respect's to the SWAC Runner-up GRAM, SOUTHERN will be our BIGGEST regular season game in 2008.

After a reporter took Comegy's comment on what he "expected" fromn the Baton Rougue crowd this past season and said he heard they were "HOSTILE", that game took on a life of it's own that week.xnodx

Then to go in and beat them at MUMFORD after the bulliton board blowup, I-55 North gonna be bumper to bumper with "Hostile, pi$$ed off", xlolx , Southern fan's seeking revenge.

Memorial will probably be SOLD OUT for that game.xthumbsupx

Panther88
December 28th, 2007, 09:21 AM
a&m "aggies" @ bryan/college station. ;) lol
SHSU. xreadx (still not inked yet but rumors are.... xreadx )

Time for PV to put up or shut up. xreadx

MACHIAVELLI
December 28th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Nevada..because they are the first team on the schedule.

MarkCCU
December 28th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Probably Penn State for Coastal.

GGASU
December 28th, 2007, 10:26 AM
What's the rumor?

Look what someone posted on Craigslist...

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/tix/520768626.html

BarefootApp
December 28th, 2007, 10:32 AM
the National Championship Game in 'nooga, '08. :-)

citdog
December 28th, 2007, 11:08 AM
every last G.D. one of them!

furman in particularxnodx

bobbythekidd
December 28th, 2007, 11:12 AM
every last G.D. one of them!

furman in particularxnodx
What he said.

otto4pres
December 28th, 2007, 02:15 PM
OOC- at Lehigh
Ivy- at Harvard

and our yearly visit by little brother ;)

Wildcatz59
December 30th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Toss up between Hawaii and Utah this year for us.

813Jag
December 30th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Don't know our full schedule yet, but with due respect's to the SWAC Runner-up GRAM, SOUTHERN will be our BIGGEST regular season game in 2008.

After a reporter took Comegy's comment on what he "expected" fromn the Baton Rougue crowd this past season and said he heard they were "HOSTILE", that game took on a life of it's own that week.xnodx

Then to go in and beat them at MUMFORD after the bulliton board blowup, I-55 North gonna be bumper to bumper with "Hostile, pi$$ed off", xlolx , Southern fan's seeking revenge.

Memorial will probably be SOLD OUT for that game.xthumbsupx
That's always a big game, and that loss still stings big time. That atmosphere will be exciting. xthumbsupx

blackfordpu
December 30th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Always is going to be the two rivalry games against SFA and TXST...

But from what I hear, we got a fun OOC game against a team from out east that may be even more attractive! :)

Which team?

AshevilleApp2
December 31st, 2007, 10:30 AM
I'll be happy when we get a confirmed schedule.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 31st, 2007, 10:51 PM
App's biggest game.....

couldnt tell yaxoopsx

Let me help you.

Eastern Washington

See you in the playoffs... xcoolx

D1scout
January 1st, 2008, 11:02 AM
App's biggest game.....

couldnt tell yaxoopsx

I could. It will be the fourth straight NC Game!xsmiley_wix

D1scout
January 1st, 2008, 11:05 AM
That looks brutal!!!

Man, it is brutal!xnodx

nwFL Griz
January 2nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Look what someone posted on Craigslist...

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/tix/520768626.html

Somehow, I don't think Arkansas would take that game. They already have Western Illinois to open, and I doubt they would schedule two FCS in one year....even if you are App St.

TheValleyRaider
January 2nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
OOC: Furman and CCU are going to be fun games, although Stony Brook can't be overlooked (even if it's our opener, and therefore a 90% chance of defeat)

Oh yeah, then there's SUNY-Ithaca xmadx

In the PL, well at home there's Lafayette and Holy Cross, and on the road are big trips to Lehigh and Fordham

Plenty of good ones next year, so we'll start with Stony Brook on 8/30 xnodx

Jiggs
January 2nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Who knows, with it being Samford's 1st year in the Southern Conference. I don't know....maybe....The Citadel for homecoming?:)

furman94
January 2nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Are you serious! Who scheduled that? Where's West Georgia when you need em!

FargoBison
January 2nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
NDSU has some big games this year...

Vs Cal Poly-Old GWFC matchup
Vs SIU-Lennon comes back to the Fargodome
At UNI-been waiting a long time for this game, should be fun.

Walkon79
January 2nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
As always, Cat/Griz. After that, I'd say EWU as the road to the BSC title (I'm guessing) will go right through them.

OOC - Minnesota

Cat/Griz, EWU AND the Gophers. NDSU softened them up for us in 2007!!

Seawolf97
January 3rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
OOC: Furman and CCU are going to be fun games, although Stony Brook can't be overlooked (even if it's our opener, and therefore a 90% chance of defeat)

Oh yeah, then there's SUNY-Ithaca xmadx

In the PL, well at home there's Lafayette and Holy Cross, and on the road are big trips to Lehigh and Fordham

Plenty of good ones next year, so we'll start with Stony Brook on 8/30 xnodx

Looking forward to our opener with you guys. Should be a pretty good gamexthumbsupx