PDA

View Full Version : ESPN tonight- App State in top 30...

terrierbob
December 17th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Jim Donnan said he'd rank the team in the top 30. Mentioned the Wofford and GSU losses (actually pronounced Wofford correctly), but then said that the NC was WON ON THE FIELD, where it should be. Some other clown was saying App State couldn't compete in the bigger conferences, but Donnan defended them, saying most teams in any division would be scared to play them. Since he's coached at the FCS level, he indicated that the major difference was depth. Nice props to ASU, as well as the soCon.

ASUdrummer
December 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Just got done watching the same thing. It's nice to see someone stand up for the FCS. I especially loved the last comment that went something like "...even with two losses they were the dominant team and got the chance to prove it ON THE FIELD." I LOVE OUR SUBDIVISION!!! Sooo glad ASU has no plans to move up anytime soon. xthumbsupx

TwinTownBisonFan
December 17th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Jim Donnan said he'd rank the team in the top 30. Mentioned the Wofford and GSU losses (actually pronounced Wofford correctly), but then said that the NC was WON ON THE FIELD, where it should be. Some other clown was saying App State couldn't compete in the bigger conferences, but Donnan defended them, saying most teams in any division would be scared to play them. Since he's coached at the FCS level, he indicated that the major difference was depth. Nice props to ASU, as well as the soCon.

pardon my ignorance, but i always assumed Wofford was pronounced whaff-ord...

am i missing something?

james_lawfirm
December 17th, 2007, 05:32 PM
pardon my ignorance, but i always assumed Wofford was pronounced whaff-ord...

am i missing something?

Apparently. It's "WA-furd".

Biff
December 17th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Just got done watching the same thing. It's nice to see someone stand up for the FCS. I especially loved the last comment that went something like "...even with two losses they were the dominant team and got the chance to prove it ON THE FIELD." I LOVE OUR SUBDIVISION!!! Sooo glad ASU has no plans to move up anytime soon. xthumbsupx

xthumbsupx

Biff
December 17th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Apparently. It's "WA-furd".

http://wofford.edu/newsroom/woffordInTheNewsContent.aspx?id=36184

This may help you. It's pronounced 'Wah-furd'.

PTW16
December 17th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I always thought it was pronounced "Ankle-biters"

xlolx

ASU_Pads
December 17th, 2007, 07:26 PM
I do agree with the fact that depth could become an issue, but if everyone stays healthy, and you have a team as quick as the Mountaineers were this year... watch out. Speed is the ultimate equalizer. I'm not saying that ASU would come away conference champions in a BCS Conference (although they could be competitive), but if you throw App in Conference USA, the MAC, the Sun Belt and others they would definitely make some noise. Also, I hate all the talk about dominant teams at our level moving up. Why would you want to move up to the BCS and work your butt off all year to play in the Continental Tire Bowl? That level is garbage and I hope that no FCS team makes the jump to the BCS until their championship is changed. The BCS isn't even sanctioned by the NCAA, so actually, Appalachian State is the highest ranked football national champion. To win a BCS championship, all you have to do is fire one good shot. To win the true national championship, you have to have a whole clip ready.