PDA

View Full Version : Rhody down to two-any info. on Talley?

Brad82
December 17th, 2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/sportsblog/2007/12/uri_to_announce_new_football_c.html

It is b/w Rizzi and Talley.
Any one have info. on Talley?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 17th, 2007, 03:41 PM
It's got to be Rizzi. But what I'm floored about is the following:

Maine's Jack Cosgrove has withdrawn his name from consideration, according to a report from the Associated Press. Late last week, Pete Adrian decided to remain as head football coach at Norfolk State, where he was 8-3 and the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference coach of the year this season.

Cosgrove???? Adrian I could kid of understand. But Cosgrove?

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 17th, 2007, 05:22 PM
UNH, UMASS, UMAINE, et al, vote for Coach Talley, ....

dgreco
December 17th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Talley is a good guy, I think he will do a good job. Rizzi would be nice, but I think Talley is the best fit.

Cobblestone
December 17th, 2007, 06:16 PM
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/sportsblog/2007/12/uri_to_announce_new_football_c.html

It is b/w Rizzi and Talley.
Any one have info. on Talley?

Young and a bit inexperienced but nonetheless a good resume. I don't think he'd be a bad choice.

Thank GOD Cosgrove withdrew his name. Narragansett Bay is cold this time of year.

http://www.stonehillskyhawks.com/sports/fball/coaches/RobertTalley

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 17th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Young and a bit inexperienced but nonetheless a good resume. I don't think he'd be a bad choice.

Thank GOD Cosgrove withdrew his name. Narragansett Bay is cold this time of year.

http://www.stonehillskyhawks.com/sports/fball/coaches/RobertTalley

I wouldn't have held you to your leap until the 1st day of spring practice.;)

Ram Ball
December 17th, 2007, 08:03 PM
This was posted by local sportscaster and URI alum Don Coyne on the Providence Journal message board. I'm excited!

Posted by DCoyne (stranger )
on 12/17/07 07:15 PM
[Post# 751797 / re: 751796]

ABC6 Sports has learned that URI will name former All-American tight end Darren Rizzi its new head football coach.

He will be officially introduced at a 3:00 pm news conference tomorrow at URI.

Rizzi was chosen over the other finalist, Maine head coach Jack Cosgrove.

Darren Rizzi was a walk-on at URI in 1990 and ended up earning a starting spot and leaving as an All-American tight end in 1992.

Rizzi has been the associate head coach at Rutgers University.

Seawolf97
December 17th, 2007, 08:23 PM
This was posted by local sportscaster and URI alum Don Coyne on the Providence Journal message board. I'm excited!

ABC6 Sports has learned that URI will name former All-American tight end Darren Rizzi its new head football coach.

Darren Rizzi was a walk-on at URI in 1990 and ended up earning a starting spot and leaving as an All-American tight end in 1992.

He sounds like a good pick. Hope he works out .

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 17th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Congrats to Coach Rizzi. I did not know that he was a standout Ram player. Good choice by URI. Best of luck. xthumbsupx Let's get some wins, just not against the Wildcats. xsmiley_wix

mainejeff
December 17th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Thanks a lot URI! xmadx xmadx xmadx

xbawlingx

GeeWiz
December 18th, 2007, 01:20 AM

xbawlingx

C'est la vie MJ! ;)

Col Hogan
December 18th, 2007, 04:50 AM
CONGRATS URI.....

Cobblestone
December 18th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Ah yes, the land of idiocy known as the Providence Journal message board. FYI dude, those people (except for Neil) know notta about football. My favorite was Rhode Island Red, a guy who once got his @$$ kicked and his girlfriend stolen by a URI football player. So now poor Red goes on that board and complains and cries about how he hates URI football.

In your face Red! xlolx

Cobblestone
December 18th, 2007, 12:29 PM

xbawlingx

Jeff, your buddy Cosgrove withdrew his own name. Maybe you should thank the nice folks in Orono xthumbsupx , who obviously did something to make him want to stay.