PDA

View Full Version : Best Games of the Years

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2007, 10:27 AM
In your opinion, what was the best game you attended, and best game you saw on TV.

Best on TV: App St vs Michigan
Best in Person: NDSU at Minnesota

mcveyrl
December 17th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Best in Person: ASU v. JMU
Best on TV: JMU v. UD (didn't see many other TV games).

I'll add this:

Best on Radio: UD v. UR (was driving to the W&M game and almost had to pull over to avoid losing signal!!)

HiHiYikas
December 17th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Well, this season may have been a "last hurrah" (or at least a career high) for me. I live over 300 miles from Boone, and yet I attended 6 ASU games (4 at home, 1 at Elon, championship at Chattanooga). I drove thousands of miles and, for the first time, boarded a plane to get to an ASU game.

I am fairly certain that, even when I lived across the parking lot from KBS, I never attended 6 ASU games in a season.

Next year, the nature of my job will change to be a little more demanding, and (here's hoping) I'll be a father (or at least almost a father). Bottom line is, my 2007 ASU-related travel probably won't be duplicated anytime soon.

Of the games I saw in person, ASU vs. GaSo and ASU vs. JMU were the best. Even with the Mountaineers losing to the Eagles, the game was very exciting right up to the last second. The JMU game went the same way, only the "well, I guess we blew that one" realization didn't set in until very late. Plus, ASU came out on top.

I only watched a few games on TV this year - ASU vs. EWU, UR vs. Wofford, a little of UD vs. SIU...

Of those three, I really enjoyed the UR-Wofford game. I wish it hadn't ended like it did (not so much the UR win, but Wofford losing on a botched punt). A game like that needs to end on a last-minute up-the-middle punch into the the end-zone.

Of the games I listened to, ASU-Michigan is tops (obviously). Of the games I followed closely (usually online), UR-UD is the best. Portland State-Weber State was a good one, too.

PTW16
December 17th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Best game in person: Furman at The Citadel. Furman up 27-17 at half and then 41-27 in the fourth quarter. Dogs rally behind quarterback Duran Lawson, tie the game, then win in overtime, 54-51. El Cid had 641 yards of offense with Lawson accounting for 486 of that. Unbelievable game.

Best game on TV: Might have been the App State-Wofford game. Or The Citadel vs. Jayson Foster game at Georgia Southern. Didn't watch too much on TV, though. Definitely wasn't The Citadel's game against Wofford, that's for sure...

rudy1648
December 17th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Best game in person. 2005 Semi-finals. ASU over Furman.

Best game on TV. "Go for 2" game. ASU over (again) Furman.

putter
December 17th, 2007, 12:35 PM
ON TV: App -EWU
Live : Montana - Wofford

TwinTownBisonFan
December 17th, 2007, 12:39 PM
On TV: App St./Richmond in the semi-finals
On the Radio NIU/SIU (the NIU signal reached the Twin Cities as it got later in the day)
In person: NDSU/Minnesota, the greatest college football game I've ever been to.

WrenFGun
December 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Best Radio Game: UNH/UNI
Best In-Person Game: UNH/Marshall

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 17th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Best Game in Person (playoff intensity, close game, quality of play, etc.): UNH @ UNI
Best Game in Person (favorite team's performance): Delaware @ UNH

Best Game on TV: NW Missouri State vs Valdosta State (sorry I didn't watch App in the Big House because I was working)

89Hen
December 17th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Mine are all homer pics...

Best game in person: DelSt at Delaware. Not so much because of the game but because it was a packed first round game for a first time game.

Best game on TV: Delaware at UNI. Great atmosphere, come from behind, rematch game.

Best game nobody saw: Richmond at Delaware. 5 OT's, anything more need to be said?

mrklean
December 17th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Games that I saw:

GSU/ APP.St., GSU/Furman

GATA

813Jag
December 17th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Best (only) Game in person: Bayou Classic, it's always good to come home and watch the Jags beat the Tigers.
Best Game on TV: Living in Florida didn't allow me to see very many FCS games. The Wofford/WCU game was exciting (turned away at 34-0, turned back and watched a great rally come up short) and I also enjoyed UD/SIU.
Game I wished I could see: Southern/Tennessee St., Jags fell behind big in the second quarter and came back for the win. I almost had a heart attack listening to the game on the internet.

back2back
December 17th, 2007, 01:43 PM
ASU vs. Ga Southern gave the Mountaineers a reason to not lose again!

RabidRabbit
December 17th, 2007, 01:48 PM
SDSU vs NDSU - WOW WHAT a GAME!!! xbowx xbowx

Best TV game - NDSU whoppin' Gopher Tail xasswhipx xasswhipx

ASU_Grad
December 17th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I'm a newbie to this forum, but I've been following them for a while. I didn't want to hop on the website two weeks before the NC game, so I decided to wait until after.

Best two games of the year.

In person: ASU vs. Michigan
On TV: UD vs. SIU

(Didn't have a chance to watch many FCS games on TV this year)

KiddBrewer
December 17th, 2007, 02:01 PM
on TV: App/Michigan

In Person: App/James Madison (best ever)

Thunderstruck84
December 17th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Best game on TV: Sam Houston @ NDSU
Best game in person: NDSU @ Minnesota
Best game on the radio: Richmond @ Delaware

mistersykes
December 17th, 2007, 02:14 PM
On TV: App-Michigan
In Person: App-EWU (wish I could have gone to the JMU game)
On Radio: Wofford-Montana

McNeese72
December 17th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Best Game on TV: No contest. App. St. vs Michigan

We watched on a satellite dish in the tailgate area while tailgating for the McNeese game later that night. There must have been a whole lot of McNeese tailgaters watching because the whole tailgate are erupted when App. St. blocked the field goal at the end of the game.

Best Game in person: This is hard because we didn't have many close games. McNeese vs Northwestern State was the closest but it was an ugly game on our part. I guess the best for me was the McNeese vs UCA game because we were clicking well and won outright sole possession of the SLC championship.

Doc

Big Dawg
December 17th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Best Game in person: Well considering how piss poor this season was, the best game I saw in person had to be the FAMU vs. NCA&T game. Notrh Carolina A&T came in as one of the scariest teams in the MEAC considering that they were winless and no one wanted to give up that 1st victory to them. NCA&T players almost got into a brawl with FAMU students and band memebers. Well the game came down to the wire and FAMU's kicker, Wesley Taylor(who had been struggling up to that point) booted the game winner as FAMU pulled out a 24-21 Homecoming victory.

Best Game on TV: FAMU vs. TSU, This one was crazy. FAMU just couldn't score a TD in the 1st half, but somehow the defense kept FAMU in the game. In the 2nd half, FAMU's big play came from Freshman COrnerback Qier Hall, as he ran a punt all the way back for a TD to spark a Rattler Rally. Let's skip ahead a little...The last drive of the game came down to Tennessee State. Down 18-17 with under a minute to go an no timeouts, TSU drove either 80+ or 90+ yards to give their kicker(who hadn't missed a kick all season to the point, the game winning try. He missed!!!

FargoBison
December 17th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Best game in person-NDSU vs SHSU
Best game on tv-App St vs Michigan
Best game on the radio-NDSU vs Cal Poly
Game I wish I would have seen-UD vs Richmond

GaSouthern
December 17th, 2007, 02:47 PM
GSU vs. SDSU live
GSU vs. Furman tv

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 17th, 2007, 03:14 PM
It's close...GSU @ ASU was a great TV game...
I was at someone's house who had directTV and had the Big10 network when Appy played Michigan, and I saw most of the second half. The fact that App. won sort of overshadowed the fact that it was a very wild and very good game.

Chemhen
December 17th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see a lot of FCS games this year (spent all my life in Newark , UD student, now out in NE landxbawlingx ), but here we go:

Best Game in Person: Delaware at Navy. Both for the FBS win and for the great pageantry that is Navy Football; those are the best fans in football, no doubt.

Best Game on TV: Delaware at William and Mary. Was on my phone for the whole game with my Dad talking about how Omar Cuff was going to break Barry Sander's record by a mile; I guess he only did it by a TD. [The only other TV games I saw were the Delaware semifinal and final.]

HaveFunKc
December 17th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Best in person: Hands down - App win over the Wolverines at the Big House. The ONLY way to experience 105K screaming Michigan fans go deathly silent in the span of 6 seconds!! Talk about eerily awesome...

Best seen on TV: For me, it was a toss up between the UD/SUI semi-final and GSU/Wofford. UD winning on the road in a physical fight to the finish or Jayson Foster - the MAN!!! Take your pick...

ASUMountaineer
December 17th, 2007, 05:45 PM
In person: Appalachian @ Michigan
On tv: Wofford @ Montana

NDSUFREAK
December 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM
In Person - NDSU vs SHSU - I have never heard the FFD so loud in my life when heckendorf caught that last second TD...it was utter chaos.

On TV/Internet - NDSU vs Cal Poly - Steve Walker...thats all

Wish I would've seen in Person - NDSU vs goofers :( - I was on a school trip for an organization called STLF and my parents were calling with updates and with time running down my mom called and let me listen to the unbelievable noise that was being made...wow

SeattleGriz
December 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM

I'll second that.

JBB
December 17th, 2007, 06:06 PM
TV: SHSU @ NDSU
Live: NDSU @ Minnesota Gophers

Ud1Hens
December 17th, 2007, 06:09 PM
In person: UD vs. Navy: 111 points scored and a FCS beating a bowl-bound FBS

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 17th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Best Game in Person (playoff intensity, close game, quality of play, etc.): UNH @ UNI
Best Game in Person (favorite team's performance): Delaware @ UNH

Best Game on TV: NW Missouri State vs Valdosta State (sorry I didn't watch App in the Big House because I was working)

UNH may have played better at UNI.

That game was the best game I've seen since UNH UD last year.

Grizo406
December 17th, 2007, 08:32 PM

Same here, Putter!

But the two best games I've EVER seen in person were in 2004...UNH/Griz & SHSU/Griz.

That was real Griz football, and I miss the ***** out of of seeing it!xbawlingx

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 17th, 2007, 09:28 PM
In Person - JMU/App St & UNH/JMU
On TV - JMU/Delaware......

feb18blacksunday
December 17th, 2007, 09:34 PM
ASU@Michigan in person
ASU-JMU on the sideline
ASU-Furman on tv

Chi Panther
December 17th, 2007, 09:48 PM
UNI at Iowa State in person (BEST)
Delaware at UNI in person (worst)

NDSU at Minn on TV (BEST)

brownbear
December 17th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Brown vs. Dartmouth (Best game in person, scoring 56 with Bobby Sewell named national player of the week: 41 yds, 1 TD passing, 141 yds receiving, 144 yds, 4 TDs rushing)
Brown at Yale (worst game in person, I sat through a hurricane and we still lost)

ASU vs. Richmond (Best TV game, I didn't watch much FCS TV games this year)

rb45070
December 17th, 2007, 10:00 PM
In person was NAU @ App (had to choose between that and home coming)

On Tv, APP @ Michigan

Radio, Wofford @ Montana

Eight Legger
December 17th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Best game on Radio: UR-UD. I almost wet myself 5 times.

Best game on Radio/TV Combo: JMU-ASU (Since I listened to the first half and watched the second half)

Best game in person: UR-Wofford. Lots of fun, great atmosphere, exciting game

uofmman1122
December 18th, 2007, 01:56 AM
In person - EWU vs. Montana - I still get chills seeing Bagley's catch, especially since I went back and listened to Mick call it...wow

Or Montana vs. Montana St. - I was living at half time...absolutely steamed...That was cured later waving the Bobcats out of their own stadium...POOOOOOooooor Bobcats :p

Or Montana vs. Wofford - If I weren't a Montana fan, that would've been an awesome game....I'm gonna leave it at that...

I didn't watch a single game on TV outside of Montana's games, and none of them were really that memorable in a good way. Montana vs. ISU was probably the most memorable in a sour, *****ty sort of way.

Great season of football! xthumbsupx