PDA

View Full Version : Portal Losses

CrunchGriz
January 13th, 2024, 08:40 PM
Starting this thread to see what teams have lost through the portal this offseason. I'll leave it to someone else to post a thread on portal gains.

Montana's losses:

Nick Williams - WR
Cliff McDowell - QB
Ethan Barney - OL
Iverson Young - RB (->Missouri State)
Robert Whitehead - CB

Williams and Young had limited time on the field in 2023; Whitehead and Barney didn't see the field.

The only big loss was Cliff McDowell, but many Griz fans seem to think that we saw his ceiling this last season, and it really wasn't quite enough to get us to the title, so maybe we need to move on anyway. Not sure how I feel about that, but like many Griz fans I like the true freshman, legacy QB we have in the wings, Keali'i Ah Yat, the son of Brian Ah Yat, who took the Griz to the 1996 championship game.

Post your team's losses in this thread, so we can all bemoan the portal's (and FBS NIL's?) effect on the FCS. ;)

Dane96
January 13th, 2024, 09:06 PM
Albany with massive losses

Juncaj- Arkansas
Hills- Wisconsin
Poffenbarger- Miami
Pastula- San Diego State

All starters and major contributors.

Chalupa Batman
January 13th, 2024, 09:24 PM
Albany with massive losses

Juncaj- Arkansas
Hills- Wisconsin
Poffenbarger- Miami
Pastula- San Diego State

All starters and major contributors.

Poffenbarger has got some seriously stiff competition for the QB job at his new school:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39302544/cam-ward-ex-washington-state-qb-heading-miami

Dane96
January 13th, 2024, 09:36 PM
Poffenbarger has got some seriously stiff competition for the QB job at his new school:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39302544/cam-ward-ex-washington-state-qb-heading-miami

agreed. It was always going to be cam. Such a silly move by poff not a chance he’s starting barring injury. Can getting a reported million plus in NIL. Poff is learning the big bad world of sport right now. Should hit the portal.

bonarae
January 13th, 2024, 09:37 PM
agreed. It was always going to be cam. Such a silly move by poff not a chance he’s starting barring injury. Can getting a reported million plus in NIL. Poff is learning the big bad world of sport right now. Should hit the portal.

Again?! xsmhx

To where, perhaps? D-II or D-III (the latter doesn't use the portal anyway)?

bonarae
January 13th, 2024, 09:44 PM
Harvard:

DL Thor Griffith - Louisville (grad, will use last year there)

Need to get more info from our Voy board for the others. Relatively quiet portal for us this offseason.

caribbeanhen
January 13th, 2024, 10:37 PM

actually it’s no competition at all

Balmy South beach game over for Poff

agree with 96 he needs to go somewhere else

bulldog10jw
January 13th, 2024, 10:38 PM
From Yale: QB Aidan Warner commits to University of Florida Gators.

bulldog10jw
January 13th, 2024, 11:01 PM
Harvard:

DL Thor Griffith - Louisville (grad, will use last year there)

Need to get more info from our Voy board for the others. Relatively quiet portal for us this offseason.

Griffith not really a loss for Harvard. Since he graduated his eligibility at Harvard had ended.

Yale had half a dozen graduates in the portal who are using their last year of eligibility elsewhere.

Tribe4SF
January 14th, 2024, 05:30 AM
W&M

John Pius OLB - Wisconsin
Tyler Rose WR

mainejeff
January 14th, 2024, 12:01 PM
Mercer: Starting QB Carter Peevy to Maine

FUBeAR
January 14th, 2024, 12:14 PM
Hope he does well. His Dad was an OLman at Furman, so y’all are gettin’ some real SoCon DNA up there in Orono

caribbeanhen
January 14th, 2024, 12:35 PM

surprising

KPSUL
January 14th, 2024, 04:02 PM
NEW HAMPSHIRE

QB Max Brosmer - Minnesota (congrats Max, you earned it)
DT Nathan Kapongo - Akron (I guess that's FBS)
WR D.J. Linkins - TN Tech (Must be academics related)

Redbird 4th & short
January 18th, 2024, 12:10 PM
So this is sure a sign of the times ...

- ETSU hires Gardner Webb HC Tre Lamb ... G-W loses 21 to FCS transfer portal, ETSU gets 20 of them.

- UTEP hires Austin Peay HC Scotty Walden .. Austin Peay loses 15 to FBS transfer portal, UTEP gets 10 of them.

Houston, we have a big problem ... apparently now colleges can ask prospective coaches, how many starters can you bring with you ?

Side note .. my ISU Redbirds have only 1 loss to transfer portal .. a starting DB who is going to G-W ironically.

MRuler
January 18th, 2024, 01:01 PM
actually it’s no competition at all

Balmy South beach game over for Poff

agree with 96 he needs to go somewhere else

IMO Juncaj to Arkansas hurts the most! Everyone thinks they are the next Jared Verse. I am personally holding out hope Poff comes back to UA after getting burned in the Portal. If he does return, which is probably a longshot he may not get his job back with the new Wisconsin QB that transferred in.

KPSUL
January 18th, 2024, 04:48 PM
IMO Juncaj to Arkansas hurts the most! Everyone thinks they are the next Jared Verse. I am personally holding out hope Poff comes back to UA after getting burned in the Portal. If he does return, which is probably a longshot he may not get his job back with the new Wisconsin QB that transferred in.

If Albany doesn't want him back as a starter, there are probably dozens of FBS and even more FCS Teams that would put him on the field. Just one thought on Poff at Miami. I believe he has 2 years of elgibility, Ward 1. He could spend a year as the back-up and then a year as the starter. It could still work out well for him.

Puddin Tane
January 18th, 2024, 04:59 PM
Lamar——just a handful of bench warmers, no starters

we are looking good!

ncspiderfan
January 18th, 2024, 09:32 PM
Spiders

Marlem Lewis DE - San Diego State
Angelo Rankin DB - Old Dominion missed last year to injury
Jasiah Williams WR missed last year with injury excepting last three games. Starter in 2022. 2 yrs left.
Milan Howard RB/KR
Fonnae Webb RB

All grad transfers.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 19th, 2024, 01:44 AM
Lehigh has fared very well given the program's recent struggles. Most of the defections were graduates so those are players that are most often lost anyway. Generally speaking, the PL has done a good job retaining players. There's been some key losses (Bucknell and Holy Cross come to mind) but overall the retention rates are comforting. The PL schools possess key attributes which help to better ingratiate players/students into the academic and social fiber of the institution. Granted, the spring portal opening could upset an apple cart or two...

bonarae
January 19th, 2024, 03:31 AM
Lehigh has fared very well given the program's recent struggles. Most of the defections were graduates so those are players that are most often lost anyway. Generally speaking, the PL has done a good job retaining players. There's been some key losses (Bucknell and Holy Cross come to mind) but overall the retention rates are comforting.

Where is the list of the PL defections overall?

topher99
January 19th, 2024, 01:26 PM
Elon losses:

DB Jaidyn Denis - Memphis
LS Ryan Wilkins - UCLA
TE Johncarlos Miller - Texas Tech
P Kyle Romenick - heard he committed to Mercer

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 19th, 2024, 02:35 PM

I'm not sure if a formal list has been comprised yet? Perhaps after the spring period when things are "set"? I'm drawing my conclusions from what I have seen on various message boards and social media platforms.

bonarae
January 24th, 2024, 06:30 AM
Griz QB McDowell to Temple Owls. We don't know what really happened to him leaving the Griz... xdontknowx

FUBeAR
January 24th, 2024, 07:35 AM
Griz QB McDowell to Temple Owls. We don't know what really happened to him leaving the Griz... xdontknowx
Forever a Ragin’ Cajun Ranger Bear Griz Owl!

WestCoastAggie
January 24th, 2024, 08:34 AM

We got a PWO WR from Butler.

caribbeanhen
January 24th, 2024, 10:00 AM

he should of stayed at Montana but apparently he’s a drifter

crusader11
January 28th, 2024, 02:19 PM
Holy Cross has lost a bunch of impact guys, but all of them are either graduating this year or not eligible for what would be a sixth year of college football at HC --

Jacob Dobbs --> James Madison
Terrence Spence --> James Madison
Tyler Purdy --> James Madison
Eric Schon --> Duke
Matt Slula --> UNLV
Luke Newman --> Michigan State

Mike296
January 28th, 2024, 08:20 PM
Someone already mentioned this but we’ve lost a lot to the transfer portal when Walden went to UTEP. We’re probably taking a step back next season.

mainejeff
January 29th, 2024, 11:01 AM
TE Mason Gilbert (Lafayette) ---> Maine

ngineer
February 4th, 2024, 07:51 PM
Supposedly not in the "portal" but word on the Lehigh campus is that Silbor has actually left school and that Sr. Dante Perri, who was the primary starter in '21 and '22, is coming back to use his fifth year. With three frosh QBs coming in, having the senior mentoring will be good.

kdinva
February 7th, 2024, 10:40 AM
I was praying VMI wide out and punt returner Chance Knox would stretch out his academics and return for VMI for his 9th semester.....but he's going to Incarnate Word. Fine spot for him the way they throw the ball around.